Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [windows] how to use local information gathered by thumbgen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,
I used thumbgen a few weeks ago to scrape all necessary info for my movie collection to use it with the acryan playon box. everything is neatly organised now and works like a charm on the playon (every movie is in a folder). looks like this example:

1984 (1984) [720p][no subs].mkv
1984 (1984) [720p][no subs].nfo
1984 (1984) [720p][no subs].mkv.nfo
1984 (1984) [720p][no subs].mkv.tgmd
cover.jpg
cover_big.jpg
moviesheet.jpg

where the .tgmd is a file where the fan art resides, the moviesheet is for use with the acryan playon and the two .nfo files have different sizes (dunno why).

problem is - xmbc scans the whole thing but uses the locally stored info wrong in many levels:
shows the director, studio, genre etc. as name, but some other stuff is there (synopsis).
shows the fan art as cover, but no fan art in the background

I dont want to scrape the whole stuff manually again only to get it to work.
could someone point me in the right direction please, as I am out of ideas...

thx in advance and regards, dusk

t as
delete tgmd file as playon only needs jpgs...
.tgmd files are quite important next time you want to change all your moviesheets in a batch (when u are bored by the current templates you've used).

I always recommend generating .tgmd files (maybe in a separate/dedicated folder) and use them to recreate all sheet in a batch when needed.

For xbmc usage of course they are useless, just .nfo(.xml) and/or .jpg files are relevant.

Be sure the .nfo/.xml files are generated using the xbmc format (and not the default ThumbGen one). For PlayonHd usage you don't need any .nfo file (therefore when generating get directly xbmc compatible files)