Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback from USB-DVD device rejected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folkens,

I've troubles playing CD's or DVD's from my usb dvd device in XBMC.
When I press "play" in the main menue, XBMC seems to slide through the first song of a CD wthin one or two seconds: I can see the timer jumping up. I can also see the song titles - but I do not hear anything at all. DVD's won't be played back at all, although the files are sometimes shown.

This is what I tried so far:
- Any video or music from a harddrive or the internal DVD-device plays back just fine (in and outside XBMC).
- Windows is playing back the CD's / DVD's from the USB-device without any problems.
- I shared the USB device via Samba and tried to playback within XBMC. No success.
- I tried both built-in players in XBMC. No success.
- I installed XBMCSetup-Rev33619-dx, but this version wouldn't even see the files on the CD/DVD.
Here is my logfile: http://pastebin.com/0mzBt5Zu

Maybe somebody can help me with this?
Thanks!

Broesel

Setup:
Software:
I'm running XBMC 10.0, on Windows 7 professional, 32Bit. I've no additional software like AnyDVD or similar installed.

Hardware:
AMD Athlon 3800+, 4Gbyte RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3650
Driver graphic card: ATI: 8.801.0.0
Audio: Realtec AC'97, onboard. Driver from Realtek Semiconductor Corp., Version: 6.0.1.6305
Same error code:

ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device. Channels: 2, Rate: 44100, Bits/sample: 16.

Appears XBMC doesn't like my USB CD.

Ah well, not terribly important. I can import the audio from Windows just as well. And it saves me space in my build for the audio CD anyhow.
From reading that error there the problem isn't your USB CD drive, it's the audio device your using (which doesn't like 44.1khz I guess.) Try changing the audio device to DirectSound instead of WASAPI and see if thats any better for you.
Hi Freddo,

thank you for your reply. I'm still working on this issue.

I got me a new soundcard (Asus Xonar DG) that supports the frequences 44,1; 48 and 96khz. I combined all kind of settings within XBMC and in Windows. Still the same effect. Oo

Any idea how I could localize the problem even better?

best regrads,
Broesel
The problem is the USB drive and this is a known bug:
Code:
ERROR: file cdda: Reading 52 sectors of audio data starting at lsn 32 failed
I assume our old libcdio doesn't like usb drives or whatever.
You would need to find a dev who owns an usb drive and is willing to fix that.
i get a similar error when using WASAPI and an ARCAM rDAC connected to the PC (Windows 7, 64-bit) by USB:

22:19:09 T:47868 M:980451328 ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device. Channels: 2, Rate: 96000, Bits/sample: 16.
22:19:09 T:47868 M:980451328 ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

the audio does play (it's actually 24-bit 96KHz FLAC).

i do not get the error when i switch to DirectSound.
Thanks for the input!

"Direct Sound" didn't do the trick for me. I had to get a new soundcard. Ever since, the (one) Error disappeared.

Any idea if/when this bug could get fixed? Is it worth waiting, or should I rater replace the USB with firewire?
I gave ASPI a try, but either XMBC or Windows 7
doesn't like... :-(

Best regards,
Broesel
Quote:"Direct Sound" didn't do the trick for me. I had to get a new soundcard. Ever since, the (one) Error disappeared.

Which error disappeared?