Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced Launcher help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed XBMC and what can I say, I love it. I installed the Aeon65 skin and tweaked it to the way I like. I then added all my pictures, music, movies and TV show. All looks beautiful.
Now I am trying to get my game library looking nice. I finally figured out how to get advanced launcher running in dharma and I can see all my games from launcher, but I can't add fan art or thumbs. In fact there seems to be no option to do so.

Is advanced launcher nt compatible with this skin ir what? I can launch all my games just fine but half the fun is the lovely menus provided by XBMC. Any help would be appreciated.
dkplayaclub Wrote:I recently installed XBMC and what can I say, I love it. I installed the Aeon65 skin and tweaked it to the way I like. I then added all my pictures, music, movies and TV show. All looks beautiful.
Now I am trying to get my game library looking nice. I finally figured out how to get advanced launcher running in dharma and I can see all my games from launcher, but I can't add fan art or thumbs. In fact there seems to be no option to do so.

Is advanced launcher nt compatible with this skin ir what? I can launch all my games just fine but half the fun is the lovely menus provided by XBMC. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're using aeon65 master official version i've done a MOD for advanced launcher! See in my signature for MOD Fanart and info in advanced launcher plugin. Download and replace the files in your aeon folder. Enjoy ...
Important! Only replace the files not the complete folder!
wow. this mod looks nice. I will have to try it when I get home from work. How exactly do I know what version of Aeon I have? I installed it form some random link on another web site's guide... Thanks again. Let you know how it works.
OK no dice. I may be using the wring skin. This one thing seems so easy, but I dont know what Im doing wrong.
dkplayaclub Wrote:OK no dice. I may be using the wring skin. This one thing seems so easy, but I dont know what Im doing wrong.

If you're using win7:

You need to replace the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon65

NOT the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC.

I made this mistake as well (it's not really pointed out in butchr's post, and both have a "language" directory)

I imagine the path names are similar for Linux.

Once done just close and restart XBMC and go to ALA. It should have the new sort options. If not, you've broken something...go back and try again.
Yes I am using windows 7.

I dont know what I did but I can now add art and thumbs in options, but when I scan I cant find anything. I'm not sure the mod is working.

Also, how do I know if I'm in light or dark floor? confused...
dkplayaclub Wrote:Yes I am using windows 7.

I dont know what I did but I can now add art and thumbs in options, but when I scan I cant find anything. I'm not sure the mod is working.

Also, how do I know if I'm in light or dark floor? confused...

For MOD Fanart & Info in Advanced Launcher download This skin Version AEON65 (Master)

If you are using This skin Version AEON65 (Font_Rework) you can use MOD Fanart in Launcher Plugin in my signature too, it also works for advanced launcher.

Now ... where is your skin folder ?
Win7: User/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/Addons/skin.aeon65 Huh or ...
Win7: C:/programFiles/XBMC/Addons/skin.aeon65 Huh

In Aeon Advanced Skin settings you can choose between Dark Floor or Light floor ...
that depends what you prefer for your aeon look, see which settings you've enabled and download the respective MOD.
Thanks for adding the links and dumbing it down a bit for me. I was able to add thumbs and fan art through Advanced Launcher manually, but this mod with the info and roms pictures looks amazing. I can't try it now, but when I get home from work I can't wait to give this another go.

For my own reference, when people on here refer to ALA is that Advanced Launcher?

Thanks again.
Cool. I finally got this running and it looks terrific. One problem I'm now having though is that none of the sources find any game info for any of my games? Do I have to download a scraper or change anything before it should work properly?

EDIT - I found a way to manually update the info and it is really nice. However, if I can't get this automated a bit I dread adding my emulators. Manually updating hundreds of ROMs is going to be very annoying.
dkplayaclub Wrote:Cool. I finally got this running and it looks terrific. One problem I'm now having though is that none of the sources find any game info for any of my games? Do I have to download a scraper or change anything before it should work properly?

Everything should work out-of-the-box. Unless you`re scraping some obscure game names.