Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change image on TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I have a quick and probably easy question..... When I go into my TV SHOWS menu, I get all my tv shows, and the image on the left is square pretty much like a dvd cover, but the image I get there is a zoomed crappy image......how can I get something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Xz3bD4r...re=related

If you see this guys covers for every show they look like a dvd cover.....how can I achieve that?

Thanks!!!!!!!
memevertical Wrote:Hi everyone, I have a quick and probably easy question..... When I go into my TV SHOWS menu, I get all my tv shows, and the image on the left is square pretty much like a dvd cover, but the image I get there is a zoomed crappy image......how can I get something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Xz3bD4r...re=related

If you see this guys covers for every show they look like a dvd cover.....how can I achieve that?

Thanks!!!!!!!

If you go to your scraper options you can select the thumb size/quality, in IMDB the max you can set it to "1024" that's a mig for every thumb hence best quality you can have.

Cheers,
EG.
Hi elitegamer, here's the thing, everything is fine for movies, the problem is tv shows, it's downloading a banner type image and when it applies that image to a DVD cover kinda thing the image gets really stretched, so, on that YouTube video I showed, he's images for tv shows are like that like DVD covers and not banners, could it be he's using a different scrapper? Or is there a setting I can change to get that kind if image size instead of banners.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
In the Settings> Skin there is a place for TV Shows to "Use Posters instead of Banners for Tv Shows". With that marked to use, it will show them as a DVD type poster. You may have to do a "get thumb" if what you have now for a poster is actually a banner.
memevertical Wrote:Hi elitegamer, here's the thing, everything is fine for movies, the problem is tv shows, it's downloading a banner type image and when it applies that image to a DVD cover kinda thing the image gets really stretched, so, on that YouTube video I showed, he's images for tv shows are like that like DVD covers and not banners, could it be he's using a different scrapper? Or is there a setting I can change to get that kind if image size instead of banners.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, I see what you mean there is an option in aeon skin "all skins I think" and in the TV shows scraper which you can make it download Posters instead of banners.

If you go to your TV shows source folder and configure your Scraper "TVDB" you will find an option to download Posters, select that and you will be good to go. When I go home I will look for the other option, but I am certain that it's on the TV shows scraper options.

Edit: after doing that you might want to go to evey tv show and select the poster manually but xbmc will download posters for all new tv shows you add after changing this setting.

Cheers,
EG.
Thank you so much Tight and Elitgamer......The solution that worked for me was elitegamer's suggestion.....but thanks again for your time and sugestions!!!!!!

It looks nice now!!!!! Smile