Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alter Volume Change Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have USB-UIRT and IRCommand2 (software that I can easily interface with). What I want to do is configure XBMC to send volume up and down signals to my receiver instead of turning the software up and down. I want to do this because I am using my Andriod phone as my remote.

What would be the best route that I could look into in order to do this? Would this be a script, plug-in, simple xml edit (fingers-crossed)?
Script. Make a Python script that sends +- audio.
Change the action of +- button keys to that python script.
I tried to do a little more research on the subject. I found that XBMC can natively make lirc calls (on Linux only of course), but I couldn't find any way to intercept the volume up and down events from XBMC. I could re-program the Android app to call my own script (which is what I think you were saying to do), but I think I'm going to go the hard route on this. I think I'm just going to use EventGhost to program my own application to control XBMC along with the rest of my entertainment system.

Thanks for the help though, you definitely got me started down a path. Let's just hope it is the right one.