Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto open launcher?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I organized most of my games through advanced launcher and I love it so far. There is only one problem, every time I open the Games link I have to select back then addons then launcher. Is there a way I can just go directly to advanced launcher whenever I select Games from the main menu?
It sounds as if you're not using the Confluence skin. You could add the launcher to the Favourites if your skin makes that easier.

JR
Yes, sorry. I am using Aeon65 skin. I have added the launcher to favorites, but its not quite what I want. Is there a way to just go right to launcher from games without having to select it every time?

Or at the very least, how would I go about changing the name of my favorites tab to games? At least that would be cleaner.....
dkplayaclub Wrote:Yes, sorry. I am using Aeon65 skin. I have added the launcher to favorites, but its not quite what I want. Is there a way to just go right to launcher from games without having to select it every time?

Or at the very least, how would I go about changing the name of my favorites tab to games? At least that would be cleaner.....

The best rout is to use a skin that lets you create your own menu items. Then create the home menu item w/ the launcher as a fav. Night, Night Purity, Transparency, and several others let you do this. Works great for me. Also Alaska Revisited will let you add it as a sub menu to the apps icon.
So this is not possible with Aeon65? I tried other skins and found I like Aeon much better. I would hate to give up this sweet skin just for this small thing.
I know there is a mod for one of the Aeon skins that makes the Programs button open the Advanced Launcher, and renames the button to Games. I think Butcherbay may have done it so you may want to check his posts. You could always modify the skin. Best way to do this is to open your favorites.xml in notepad and copy out the launching command for Advanced launcher.xml. Then mod the skin so the programs button behaves like you want. My suggestion is to ask in the Aeon65 forum for some help on this.
OK. I was able to accomplish what I wanted by adding launcher to favorites and then renaming it to games and adding it to the main menu. Then I just hid the original games tab in options. Super sweet app.

Whoever invented this app is my new personal hero......
dkplayaclub Wrote:OK. I was able to accomplish what I wanted by adding launcher to favorites and then renaming it to games and adding it to the main menu. Then I just hid the original games tab in options. Super sweet app.

Whoever invented this app is my new personal hero......

That would be angelscry. Are you using launcher from the xbmc addon repo or are you using Advanced Launcher? I suggest ALA becuase it has many addional new features not found in the original. You can install Angelscry's repo so you get regular updates as well. The regular launcher addon will most likely not be updated any more since he is working on ALA now.

Check out this thread for ALA http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724