Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: having specials show up in tv show library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me out with this.

just wondering if its possible to have specials show up in the tv show library next to seasons? like S1, S2, Specials?

specifically its for battlestar gallactica.

im hoping so because TVDB shows the specials as episodes so i hope it can be done.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73545&lid=7

i tried a folder called specials in the same folder as the seasons but this didn't work.

does anyone have any ideas or am i SOL

i hope it works because i have other shows like top gear and farscape that could really use this.
All specials should be prefixed with Season 00, i.e episode "The Lowdown" of BSG should be called Battlestar.Gallactica.S00E08.The.Lowdown.avi.

TVDB lists the specials in order for each series, i.e http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...5950&lid=7

In xbmc once scanned in they will be listed in a specials folder and in the correct position in the season they aired in.

For more info look at the wiki.
What he said above.

but if you can. Don't have the extra "." in the file names.

Battlestar Gallactica S00E08 The Lowdown.avi

Will work just fine. Plus, Doing this will also avoid a small bug with file names and some images. You won't suffer the lack of the displaying of images like "ClarArt.png" and "Logo.png" when you pause or press "info" on the "on Screen Display" when watching your TV shows.
Oddsodz Wrote:What he said above.

but if you can. Don't have the extra "." in the file names.

Battlestar Gallactica S00E08 The Lowdown.avi

Will work just fine. Plus, Doing this will also avoid a small bug with file names and some images. You won't suffer the lack of the displaying of images like "ClarArt.png" and "Logo.png" when you pause or press "info" on the "on Screen Display" when watching your TV shows.

Not to sidetrack this too much, but that shouldn't have any impact on clearart or logos - skins generally just look in the path (listitem.path) for clearart.png or logo.png.
stoli Wrote:Not to sidetrack this too much, but that shouldn't have any impact on clearart or logos - skins generally just look in the path (listitem.path) for clearart.png or logo.png.

That might be the case now. But a few builds ago it was an issue. In the long run. It don't hurt to have things named the right way. But this is way off topic now. The OP should be all good anyway. Big Grin
yep thanks guys all sorted, should have known to name em 00 lol.