Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing pics/thumbs from list of movies in non library mode after restore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to xbmc so please be understanding. I have already trawled through the forums looking for answers. If I have missed the info please let me know.

After organising all my movies by renaming my folders and scraping all the info i exported the video database. I chose a single file.

All my video files are stored on a nas box which is mapped to my xbmc pc as M drive.

Well my pc got infected with a trojan/virus so i have rebuilt it. I reinstalled XBMC and chose import video database. I pointed it to the folder and seemed to find all the movies.

Problem is this. When i am in library mode I can see all the movies and whatever view I change it to it all works fine. I can see the posters, fanart, thumbs etc.

When I AM NOT IN LIBRARY mode and i go to list view now I just get the little blue folder icons instead of the thumbs of the movies. If I go inside the folder I can see the movie and it has the thumbnail. The list of folders above does not have the thumbs anymore though.

What have I done wrong? Blush Thanks in advance.
When you are in the file mode, left arrow to bring out the left side menu. Then mark the "stack". That will bring up the art work.
Tight_wad Wrote:When you are in the file mode, left arrow to bring out the left side menu. Then mark the "stack". That will bring up the art work.
Thanks Tight wad. I will try that when I get back home later.
Tight_wad Wrote:When you are in the file mode, left arrow to bring out the left side menu. Then mark the "stack". That will bring up the art work.

Unfortunately that didnt workSad Thanks for the suggestion though Tight Wad. When in file mode I still only see the blue folders.

'I went into one movie and did a refresh and rescraped which brought the artwork back for that movie only. Rest still only show with the default blue blank folders. So frustrating. I dont want to rescrape everything again. Esp since I had to manually go into quite a few movies to fix the incorrect scrapes. In library mode it works fine though as I said. Just file mode it doesnt.

Please help. If anybody has any ideas let me know.
What is the name of your poster art and your fan art? Also what is your folder structure? And lastly, did you change any of these?
Hi Tight_wad.

I have not changed any of my configuration as far as the structure of my vdeo files. XBMC however was reinstalled on a brand new OS. Same version as the one the video library backup was taken on which is the latest version 10.

My video library consists of a cifs share on a NAS that is mapped to my xbmc computer (laptop) as a drive (MSmile. Inside the share all the movies are stored in their own folder one level deep. So all movies are in the root of the M drive in their own folders. I used XBMC to scrape.

I do not understand your question about the name of my poster art and fan art? All i have done is exported the video library before rebuilding the OS, rebuilt the OS, installed XBMC, mapped the M: drive to my NAS, then I did an import of the video library.

Screen shot of it in file mode with missing thumbs from folders. The one movie showing is one I have manually scraped since to test.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abeleski/Dro...8148394402

Same movies in LIBRARY mode showing up ok.

http://picasaweb.google.com/abeleski/Dro...5011374802
Okay, so if I understand, you correctly, you did a Video>export library>to Single file. And then after you did the install, you did the Video>import library?

And you added the source but did not have it scan for new content since you were importing the library back in?

Or did you do it different then that? Let me know and I will do the same with my test computer. I will be online all day.
Thats exactly right. I only did one manual refresh on one movie which is the one you can see a thumbnail for in those screenshots.

One thing I want to mention which I just thought off. I originally was running the beta version of XBMC 10, I then upgraded that to the production release of 10 by installing over the top. I did not get any errors or problems. I did the export to single file with the production version 10 of XBMC which is what I am running now.

Not sure if that really matters. I just thought I would let you know.

I appreciate your time.