Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Can't get audio over HDMI from Revo 1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a Revo 1600 hooked up to a Denon AVR-1910 via HDMI, and from there to a Panasonic plasma TV, also via HDMI. I recently installed XBMC Live Dharma and initially just got a black screen. I eventually figured out how to add a modeline to my xorg.conf that let me see video, but I still can't get audio. I've followed countless tutorials - this, this, and this, to name a few - that I've found on these forums, but nothing seems to work. Nothing is muted in alsamixer. Does anybody have anything else I can try? I'm going insane. Thanks!
thehumancow Wrote:I've got a Revo 1600 hooked up to a Denon AVR-1910 via HDMI, and from there to a Panasonic plasma TV, also via HDMI. I recently installed XBMC Live Dharma and initially just got a black screen. I eventually figured out how to add a modeline to my xorg.conf that let me see video, but I still can't get audio. I've followed countless tutorials - this, this, and this, to name a few - that I've found on these forums, but nothing seems to work. Nothing is muted in alsamixer. Does anybody have anything else I can try? I'm going insane. Thanks!

mine is working fine. everything is set to HDMI in the XBMC settings. My problem was that the sound was muted in the mixer in XBMC under programs. Once I unmuted them and turned them to 100% all my sound is working great.

are you running 10.0?

most of those tutorials were for camelot not dharma you know?

Sean
Yes, I'm running 10.0. Losing the will to live.
I solved this problem by installing Windows 7 and running XBMC from there. It took about 45 minutes to get the whole thing up and running flawlessly.
ya getting XMBC running on a windows base is WAY easier... BUT the 1600 does not have the power to run windows 7 + XBMC + 1080p

gunna have to go to live if you wanna hit 1080p Undecided (its doable but a pain!)