Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Individual background images for submenu-items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have finally reached a point, where my tinkering with transparency is almost perfect. I have one thing nagging me though.

I would very much like to be able to set individual background images for submenu items.

At the moment Menu_Custom3_Sub_Custom1 is linked to to item id="16, where it gets its background image.

Since menu_custom3_sub_custom1 links to a smart playlist for action flicks, i would very much like it to show a related background. This of course goes for custom3_sub_custom2 - 8 also having to be able to show their independent backgrounds.

All help is appreciated, thx in advance Smile
I don't think XBMC is capable of that, though it's possible that I'm mistaken.
Okay, that's to bad. Hopefully someone knows something else. Thanks for your quick answer though.
not tested be me...in case it don't work, you're on your own...

in Home.xml, add this piece of code:
Code:
        <control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(8001).ListItem.Icon]</imagepath>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>600</fadetime>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AnimateBackgrounds)">backgroundanimation</include>
            <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
            <visible>Control.HasFocus(8001) + !Player.HasVideo + ![[Control.HasFocus(5044) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7021))] | [Control.HasFocus(5045) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7022))] | [Control.HasFocus(5046) + !IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7023))]]</visible>
        </control>

put it just above this line:
Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentMovies) | Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRandomMovies)">recentlyfanartmovies</include>

next, in Includes_Home.xml, you need to add a background definition to the submenu items of your choice:
Code:
<icon>path/to/your/custom/background.jpg</icon>

search the file for:
<description>Menu Custom3 Sub Custom1</description>
to find the first submenu button of the Custom3 menu.
I have just tested it, it works like a charm. Ronie, you are nothing less than brilliant, thank you so much Smile