Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default XBMC + ubuntu 10.10 + GT220 HDMI = Random FLICKERING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just copied the post to the correct area. Admin, please delete this or the other one in "general help support".

Hi People!

I hope you can help me out. I'm tired... Really tired of these bugs. My HTPC insists on having an image flickering problem!!!

------------------------------------------

HARDWARE:

* TV: Sony KDL XBR9 46" - I've already tested this TV with some BluRays and media centers (like wdtv) and it works perfectly in 1080p (HDMI)

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

* 4GB DDR2 667

* HD: 1TB Sata

* Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GT220 (I'm using HDMI output) - driver version 260.19.29. How did I install it?
First of all I removed almost everything related to nvidia in synaptic package manager. Then I added this repository and installed the lastest nvidia driver for linux x86:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings

Now nvidia settings says that I'm using the 260.19.29. In synaptic there is no other video driver installed.

------------------------------------------

PROBLEMS:

1) Tearing: already solved. How?

I enabled vsync on nvidia settings, turned "force gpu scaling" off on nvidia settings, turned compiz fusion desktop effects off, and changed vsync option to "aways enable" or "let driver decide" inside XBMC settings.

2) Sound not working over HDMI: already solved. How?

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
"options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2"

3) FLICKERING problem: NOT SOLVED.
I enabled VDPAU and it's working perfectly (processor usage under 7%). MKV 1080p movies playing smoothly.
The problem is: from time to time (2 in 2 minutes or so) the HTPC is having this random and unacceptable flickering problem. The image and sound blink for 1 second and turn back working.

What do you think I can be? Xorg problem? XBMC problem? Anyone else with this bug?

This is the first time I'm posting on a forum for help. I've been reading and searching over many forums...

Thanks
Have you tried this?
Have you tried this?