Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lunatixz Wrote:when changing the channel both the xbmc info and pseudotv info box comes up any way to just have the pseudo window?

Which skin? I'm guessing Confluence since that's the only skin that I've seen with that prob lately in the Eden-pre build. Try this script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml, its using Confluence's video info code and look's better IMO..

\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\skin.confluence\720p
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.zip

EDIT: (update) Note that the above .xml will disable (show info when changing channels) and the next/previous feature of the pseudotv info window, not that it's needed (use EPG Wink). It works as the normal video info window would (press I to turn on/off).
@Jason102
The clock display setting (24/12 hour) seems to do nothing on my system at least (Win7-64). Maybe it's redundant and can be removed?
Steveb Wrote:Which skin? I'm guessing Confluence since that's the only skin that I've seen with that prob lately in the Eden-pre build. Try this script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml, its using Confluence's video info code and look's better IMO..

\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\skin.confluence\720p

EDIT: (update) Note that the above .xml will disable (show info when changing channels) and the next/previous feature of the pseudotv info window, not that it's needed (use EPG Wink). It works as the normal video info window would (press I to turn on/off).

actually i'm using aeon.mq3... and using the default blue overlay... using latest script on pre-eden pvr build...
thanks for your info.. any help would be appreciated...
Lunatixz Wrote:actually i'm using aeon.mq3... and using the default blue overlay... using latest script on pre-eden pvr build...

I've only seen this problem in a few skins, Confluence(latest nightly) & JX 720 come to mind. You could overwrite the relevant file in the default skin and it should use aeon's vid info. I thought mq3 had pseudotv builtin.. but I could be dreamin. Wink
Lunatixz Wrote:actually i'm using aeon.mq3... and using the default blue overlay... using latest script on pre-eden pvr build...

Looks like mq3 has no pseudotv skin, but you could use this as a stop gap..

Overwrite the script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml file in the default pseudotv skin..
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\default\720p\

Note: Disable 'show info when changing channels' because the main skin will do it by default.

Skin MQ3 [wip] if you don't want to mess with the default skin. I'm sure zepfan or Marcos already skinned it.. Maybe that was MQ2. I'm sure they will get to it.Wink
Like I said stop gap solution.
SandmanCL: Ok, so Sranshaft figured out at least part of the confusion here. For whatever reason, when you download the latest stable-pre build it puts in "v1.0.0" in there...I have no idea why. I checked the code itself, though, and it is the latest code.

Can you please turn on debugging in the settings and run PseudoTV again? Post the debug log for that and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Also, I'll fix the 'bug' in the fatal error message Tongue

Abe Froman: Wow, great bug report...hard to find normally, but could definitely pose a problem if someone starts just hitting buttons (my wife has a bad habit of this). I think I've fixed it, but I need to test it before I push it to stable-pre.

Steveb: Huh, I thought the time thing was working properly...I'll check it out.

Update: Stable-pre updated with 3 changed (fatal error messages, 12/24 hour clock, changing channels on exit).
I have this up and running really well now on Apple TV2 \o/ and wow.. it's so great!

Just one small thing, and if it has already been asked I must apologise for asking again. I hate to be an annoyance.

Basically I have no way of exiting without resetting the whole ATV. I've read that pressing 'menu' is supposed to exit but it does nothing. Also when you go into advance channel options, same deal.. no way of confirming or cancelling out of this window, which means this window is useless to ATV2 users.

Is there some other way of exiting that I've missed? I've tried combinations of all the buttons and nothing. Once this is fixed and I can enter my custom channels it will be perfect IMO.. once again, well done on an awesome piece of software mate Smile
Hello,

Not sure about the ATV2, but if I press "stop" while a video is playing I will get sent back to the XBMC menu. IS this what you mean?

Mark
yep but we don't have a 'stop' button on the ATV2, just play/pause, menu, up, down, left, right, and select. 'menu' is generally used as a 'go to previous' button, but it doesnt work, not does anything else that I know of.
Captainzero Wrote:yep but we don't have a 'stop' button on the ATV2, just play/pause, menu, up, down, left, right, and select. 'menu' is generally used as a 'go to previous' button, but it doesnt work, not does anything else that I know of.

Oh....nevermind then Huh
Hmmm...I wrote a lot of the stuff using the Previous Menu signal from XBMC. I would expect that your Menu button should trigger that. I'm guessing that getting a debug log from an ATV isn't the easiest of things to do. Hmmm...I'll look around on the forums, maybe I'll find something.

According to the wiki here the menu button should trigger the PreviousMenu action. Did you mess with your keymap at all?
nope I wouldn't even know how to No
Just updated to latest stable-pre and I'm having the same issue with my ATV2, pressing Exit on the remote does nothing in PseudoTV, even in the channel options theres no way to get out of it. Sounds exactly like what Captianzero is describing.

When I get home I will upload the xbmc.log of it happening.
I've just installed the latest stable-pre again and while I'm trimming down the resulting debug log (pastebin.ca allows max 150000 bytes) here's an extract that's probably part of the root cause:

Code:
10:31:11 T:5444   ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 20
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: runActions 8 on channel 20
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: clearPlaylistHistory
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: channel not valid, ignoring
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: unlockFile C:\Users\sandmancl\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\cache/channel_20.m3u
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: runActions 16 on channel 20
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: getChannelName 2
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: runActions 64 on channel 20
10:31:11 T:5444   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: readConfig return
10:31:11 T:5444   FATAL: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: FATAL ERROR: Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.

In the cache directory (userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/cache), I have these files

Code:
sandmancl@spire ~/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/cache $ ls -l
total 20
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_13.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_14.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_15.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_16.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_17.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_18.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_19.m3u*
-rwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     9 2011-10-06 10:31 channel_20.m3u*
drwx------+ 1 sandmancl None 12288 2011-10-06 10:29 generated/
drwx------+ 1 sandmancl None     0 2011-10-06 10:29 stored/

All the .m3u files contain the same thing:

Code:
sandmancl@spire ~/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/cache $ cat channel_20.m3u
#EXTM3U

So, it seems like the playlists are indeed not getting generated.

Complete debug log:
http://pastebin.ca/2087476

This *IS* windows, by the way. I have cygwin installed.
You're right that the playlists aren't getting filled. The parts of the log you posted aren't the root cause but merely the product of an empty playlist...the playlist is "loaded" but then ignored by every function after that. In the end, it's just not a valid channel.

If there is some way I can get the full debug log then I may be able to figure out the issue.