Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PTV hasnt been working right for a while with me. Not sure what made it change suddenly but I've tried rebuilding XBMC, keeping up with the PTV updates, nothing seems to change though.

Once I start PTV it plays fine. When I change the channel or open the EPG, though, menus get stuck to the screen or it will go black (Audio changes normally as I change the channel, though) and exiting doesnt work (As in audio keeps playing) or the audio stops but it stays black (And I might continue to get CHANNEL ADDED messages). This happened with Cirrus Extended 2 and Confluence.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258495/xbmc-pseudotv.log

I started XBMC, turned on debugging, told PTV to rebuild channels on restart, then started PTV and watched for a few minutes and changed channels then killed xbmc from the command line. I feel like Ive rea about this problem in this thread but searching around hasnt turned it up ><
Does PTV support m3u playlists? I've created some to use as channels, but when I go to configure the channel, only my xsp playlists appear.
CameronC Wrote:PTV hasnt been working right for a while with me. Not sure what made it change suddenly but I've tried rebuilding XBMC, keeping up with the PTV updates, nothing seems to change though.

Once I start PTV it plays fine. When I change the channel or open the EPG, though, menus get stuck to the screen or it will go black (Audio changes normally as I change the channel, though) and exiting doesnt work (As in audio keeps playing) or the audio stops but it stays black (And I might continue to get CHANNEL ADDED messages). This happened with Cirrus Extended 2 and Confluence.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258495/xbmc-pseudotv.log

I started XBMC, turned on debugging, told PTV to rebuild channels on restart, then started PTV and watched for a few minutes and changed channels then killed xbmc from the command line. I feel like Ive rea about this problem in this thread but searching around hasnt turned it up ><

That reads like the same problem I have been having lately. I have to force quit out of PTV every time I use it on all computers now. Else I will be staring at a black screen.

Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Your log helped narrow down the problem even more, I'll have a new version soon for you to do one more test...hopefully this will tell me for sure what's going on. I'll post when it's ready.

I think Jason is still working on a fix
Hrmm.. Having the same 'Menu' key problem as every ATV2 user.

Is there a temporary fix at the moment by remapping the keys?

Really love this plugin but the remote bug makes it not very usable.Sad

Dirty Fix.

Quick dirty fix atm is to change your
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>
to
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

in joystick.AppleRemote.xml
CameronC: I just fixed this (hopefully)...try stable-pre.

Rastan: I finally put in some additional traces for your issue. Please download and get the traces.

RockDawg: m3u playlists aren't supported right now...I figured this was something people wouldn't care about. Do others want this?

NaDs: This offset is...a feature. I take into account the buffering time of the video when I set the offset so the shows plays at the real time the show should be if there was no buffer time. This is the original reason for not including internet streaming media, buffering just takes too long.
Jason102 Wrote:CameronC: I just fixed this (hopefully)...try stable-pre.

g.

sorry for a newbi question, where to get stable-pre (does it come in a zipped format) any link?. I really want to see icelibrary work as now since i have installed icelibrary and pseudo tv is picking up shows/movies from it and forcing in channels for that genere but is crashing/hanging up (can't play file etc and other messages some times) when i use the guide to select a show/movie that is actually from icelibrary
Chocolate - Check the first post in this thread. Take the latest development version.
Thanks so i need to disable or uninstall the current version I have now before doing it or the dev. version will over write it?-will i have two versions in there?
Jason102 Wrote:RockDawg: m3u playlists aren't supported right now...I figured this was something people wouldn't care about. Do others want this?

Would this allow for music channels?
Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: I finally put in some additional traces for your issue. Please download and get the traces.

Big Grin Jason, I can't thank you enough. That last fix worked wonders. PTV behaves exactly as expected now. I can exit properly and also browse the epg from top to bottom without it freezing on me. You're a Genius bruv!!! Nod
did anyone notice that channels flip faster when you hide the channel logos?

anyway, Jason I was wondering if it's possible to add a "force" hide/show channel logo rule?

then I can turn if off for ALL on the main option window, but add a rule for it to show on a few channels I choose?
(or show all, and add rules to hide a few?)

The thing is, most of my "Network Channels" already show a logo as it's encoded into the video itself...showing 2 looks silly. (if logos are enabled)
If I hide them it looks great (as I then have a single logo), but then my movie channels don't have logo's (along with MTV, Gaming and fitness channels)

Basically I would like to enable logo's on my channels containing no logo, and disable them on channels that usually do have logo's in the video itself.
Ok uninstalled the plugin
downloaded and installed the 1.8 from dev. blog link but it still shows as 2.0 in change log?
Setup was retained from my previous selections.
Behavior with ice library add on

If using epg you select a channel with an item picked up from ice library (movies or tv shows) it freezes up/hangs/some times after 25-30 secs when i am clicking it says "failed to load/play etc" message
if however a local drive/network drive item is being played on a certain channel and that item finishes and the next one is from ice library it waits and loads up the ice library item perfectly(tested on tv shows)

Is this the expected behavior with dev./stable pre version or folks have had better luck.
I can wait till a full version to test out further as i know the developer of the plugin is working on it (Thanks!) but how to disable pseudo tv then to pick up my ice library items as else they will always be picked up based on genere and i can't use it any way without uninstalling ice library.
Rastan: Glad that worked, at least I've narrowed down the loop that's causing problems...still not sure why. At least the "fix" works for now, though.

Abe Froman: At the moment I'm concerned about bug fixes. I found a couple of issues in the configuration tool that I've fixed, and IceLibrary seems to work a little better. After the bug fix version is released, I want to get a key configuration tool in there for the large group of people that have issues with that. Beyond that, I don't know. You're right, music channels have been requested for a while, so maybe I'll add that to the list.

Keeper: This has been requested before, so I may add it to the list...I don't expect it to be difficult, it's just a matter of doing it.

choclate: If you downloaded from any link to stable-pre then you'll always get the newest version. I think I may add an option (probably disabled by default) to remove any IceLibrary entries from PTV. The problem is if the video fails to load then I have no way of knowing, so I can't do anything about it. Plus I doubt everyone actually wants their IceLibrary stuff in there necessarily. I'll add something soon to stable-pre so you can at least disable IceLibrary if you want until I get some kinks worked out.
how are the genres determines. i have many shows that arent in the tv database or are labeled funny and they wont show up in the listings.
is there a way i can correct all these?
Jason102 Wrote:Rastan: Glad that worked, at least I've narrowed down the loop that's causing problems...still not sure why. At least the "fix" works for now, though.

Abe Froman: At the moment I'm concerned about bug fixes. I found a couple of issues in the configuration tool that I've fixed, and IceLibrary seems to work a little better. After the bug fix version is released, I want to get a key configuration tool in there for the large group of people that have issues with that. Beyond that, I don't know. You're right, music channels have been requested for a while, so maybe I'll add that to the list.

Keeper: This has been requested before, so I may add it to the list...I don't expect it to be difficult, it's just a matter of doing it.

choclate: If you downloaded from any link to stable-pre then you'll always get the newest version. I think I may add an option (probably disabled by default) to remove any IceLibrary entries from PTV. The problem is if the video fails to load then I have no way of knowing, so I can't do anything about it. Plus I doubt everyone actually wants their IceLibrary stuff in there necessarily. I'll add something soon to stable-pre so you can at least disable IceLibrary if you want until I get some kinks worked out.

I'm only using m3u playlists because that's what XBMC makes it when you manually create a playlist. I'm creating a few manual playlists because I can't see how to do what I want via a smart playlist.

For example, I'm trying to create a 80's sitcom channel and I want to include all the episodes of shows I think of as 80's shows. Like Cheers for example. I view all of Cheers as an 80's show even though it aired until 1993. Likewise, I would want to exclude all Coach episodes from that playlist because I think of it as a 90's show, but it first aired in 1989. That overlap would seem to make it impossible to create a smart playlist to sort it all out, and it's really simple for me to just go queue up the entire series of the shows I want to include and then save the playlist and base the channel on that.