Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is awesome, just made channels that mimick BSkyB Movie channels!
and they are even better than the gash you get on those channels.

top plugin, but I would like it to so you cannot go backwards in the EPG. so it acts more like live tv.
Is this possible?
I haven't forgotten about you guys, just been busy recently. I'll make sure and read and respond to recent forum posts tomorrow.
Anyone know how to remove the sound bug that happens when you change channels ? It's pretty annoying since it plays at max volume and the only way to stop it is to press the mute button on my control, change channel and then unmute.
Hey, anyone know a fix for a Script Failed: Config.py error box that pops up when I try and open up the channel config window? Havent messed with the channels in a bit, not sure what changed to cause it.
Answering oldest to newest:

ComputerCarl Wrote:If I have a playlist that contains ISOs with menus, they play fine...is there any way to navigate these from inside PTV?

I'm amazed you got ISOs to play inside of PTV. Generally they don't have a duration associated with them (because of said menus) so I just reject them. I haven't made any way to actually use menus because of this.

mmartell Wrote:are we still in Feature Request mode

Requests are always welcome, but I'm not sure we're in Feature Development mode right now. At least nothing big at the moment...

mmartell Wrote:ability to go forward AND backward in time. I suggest restricting the user to current/future events.

I've heard this request before, and someone else even mentioned in recently. I won't do this. I know you'd like it, and if someone else coded an option and put it in I may put it in the release. The problem is that this is an added restriction for the sake of making this more "TV-like". While the plugin certainly tries to act like a TV, I'm not going to impose restrictions just because they exist there.

mmartell Wrote:three number click wheel allowing for direct channel input.

I do want a way for users to skip around channels in the EPG. This has been on my list for a while, I just haven't gotten around to it.

mmartell Wrote:references to Livestreams...couldn't the guide for that channel be built as one un-ending block

It could, but I just really hate that solution. It really kind of breaks the EPG, you only ever know what's currently on. This is very TV-like, but I hate the restriction. That being said, I can't say that streaming channels won't come in the future, in which case this sort of thing may be the only way to do it.

dsync89 Wrote:audio problem is still not fixed for Mac OS

I don't know why this happens, it's certainly nothing in my code. Given that, I may be able to "fix" it by muting before the channel change and unmuting right after. I'll look and see how easy this is to do through XBMC APIs.

djtoll Wrote:[Release] PseudoTV Skin for the xbmc Joggler Skin

Thank you! New skins are always appreciated. It will be in the next release.

dsync89 Wrote:Why is the info box doesn't show my TV info when I use my custom smart playlist?

Are you sure it's a smart playlist channel? Only filenames will show up on directory channels, just by the nature of it...

dsync89 Wrote:One feature that would be nice is the ability to swap the existing channels.

Agreed. One of the many things on the to-do list.

jmj52 Wrote:they never appear in the guide

You're going to need to get a debug log for me to help. Remember that if background updating is on then all channels won't necessarily appear right away, wait for a few minutes and see if notifications tell you that they're available.

CameronC Wrote:anyone know a fix for a Script Failed: Config.py error box

Please get a debug log.
Jason102 Wrote:Answering oldest to newest:

I'm amazed you got ISOs to play inside of PTV. Generally they don't have a duration associated with them (because of said menus) so I just reject them. I haven't made any way to actually use menus because of this.

FYI. The vast majority of my >4000 TV episodes are ISO files (without menus) and all my TV show channels seem to play fine too.
Huh, who knew.
Poor Jason, but it's your fault for making the best app for XBMC! lol

Two things:

1. I would like to see a way to customize "years" in the channels. For example... My ABC channel plays all the ABC shows but also includes ones from the 1950's! lol I would like to make them all newer shows? And then also maybe make a "Classics" channel. I think that could all be done with a "year" from and till selection.

2. As far as the guide going backwards. I think it is fine the way it is. Why make you code all that when the user could simply not pres the back arrow? And I like the ability to go back in time. (personally)
tommymsw Wrote:Poor Jason, but it's your fault for making the best app for XBMC! lol

Two things:

1. I would like to see a way to customize "years" in the channels. For example... My ABC channel plays all the ABC shows but also includes ones from the 1950's! lol I would like to make them all newer shows? And then also maybe make a "Classics" channel. I think that could all be done with a "year" from and till selection.

can't you just make a smart playlist with a rule for ABC shows and a rule for years greater/less than 1950?

tommymsw Wrote:2. As far as the guide going backwards. I think it is fine the way it is. Why make you code all that when the user could simply not pres the back arrow? And I like the ability to go back in time. (personally)

I am oblivious to coding, if its too much work then forget it, its not really that important and was just an option to give the user more customisation.
tommymsw Wrote:As far as the guide going backwards. I think it is fine the way it is. Why make you code all that when the user could simply not pres the back arrow?

I suggested it mainly as a way to enhance PTV for atv users and perhaps others. Going "back" would bring up a scrollbar as already exists in many menus in xbmc, allowing the user to go through the guide a page at a time as opposed to a channel at a time.

Perhaps a switch ? An option to enable/disable said function ?
Jason102 Wrote:Please get a debug log.

oof, I feel silly for forgetting that. Just made this, hope it helps. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258495/xbmc-debu...-error.txt

Quote:can't you just make a smart playlist with a rule for ABC shows and a rule for years greater/less than 1950?

I think PTV has access to some metadata that Smart Lists dont, like Channel Network. You can go through and make a playlist with the shows in it that run on that channel manually if you know all of them or can use something to help (I've used Sickbeard and sorted by network before). I think the easiest thing is, maybe, a way for PTV to "export" its built in channels to a playlist of [EPISODES] from [TV SHOW] entries for each show in that channel. Then we can use that playlist as a template to alter? Probably easier than having every smart playlist rule built into PTVs channel config rules (Or maybe not?).
CameronC Wrote:oof, I feel silly for forgetting that. Just made this, hope it helps. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258495/xbmc-debu...-error.txt

I think PTV has access to some metadata that Smart Lists dont, like Channel Network. You can go through and make a playlist with the shows in it that run on that channel manually if you know all of them or can use something to help (I've used Sickbeard and sorted by network before). I think the easiest thing is, maybe, a way for PTV to "export" its built in channels to a playlist of [EPISODES] from [TV SHOW] entries for each show in that channel. Then we can use that playlist as a template to alter? Probably easier than having every smart playlist rule built into PTVs channel config rules (Or maybe not?).

Smart Playlist has "Studio" for Type: TV Shows.

you can make a rule for NBC and it will grab all NBC shows in your library.
krish_2k4 Wrote:Smart Playlist has "Studio" for Type: TV Shows.

Holy moly. No clue how the heck I missed after all this time Tongue Thanks.
krish_2k4 Wrote:Smart Playlist has "Studio" for Type: TV Shows.

The "Studio" tag for type "TV Shows" is not in Dharma, at least my copy. Are you using Dharma or Eden?

Mark
Sorry duplicate post.