Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Eden and have no idea how to make a smart playlist in it.

But are you saying I can make a smart playlist with all of the shows I like and then make a channel in PTV that plays that list? To me, this seems like defeating the purpose of PTV in some way. I like how PTV does not require the user to do very extensive things to get good results. I figured if there was a way to include "year" in a "from and until" fashion in the custom channel part of PTV, this would allow for MANY types of customized channels (like classics, 50's, 60's, etc). You could have like a 1980's channel! Or 1980's cartoons!

I think that the year is included in the data for the shows already? (I think, lol)

Just seemed like the most simple solution to me at the time.
any chance of being able to incorporate Apple movie trailers, or some other trailer script into pseudo?

eg.. if I have a dedicated movie channel, it will play a few new trailers before the next movie is aired?
tommymsw Wrote:I am using Eden and have no idea how to make a smart playlist in it.

You could have like a 1980's channel! .

I have a 80's horror and 80's comedy as separate channels Laugh

smart playlists come in real handy if you have a huge "HUGE" libary like I do, it stops a lot of repeats when you can add additional options via the playlist Smile
RenZ0R Wrote:any chance of being able to incorporate Apple movie trailers, or some other trailer script into pseudo?

eg.. if I have a dedicated movie channel, it will play a few new trailers before the next movie is aired?

I think it's achievable by using the Interleaving channel option.

1. Create a smart playlist that include all your trailers.

2. Create a new channel, say Trailer Channel. Exclude it from showing in the TV channel.

3. Create a new rule in your Movie channel and select Interleaving option, whereby the channel is the Trailer Channel.

Haven't done it myself but hope it works.
dsync89 Wrote:I think it's achievable by using the Interleaving channel option.

Yeah matey, it would work that way, but I dont want to have to pre-download the trailers, id rather it just stream them direct Wink
mwkurt Wrote:The "Studio" tag for type "TV Shows" is not in Dharma, at least my copy. Are you using Dharma or Eden?

Mark

Grab the Eden Beta1, it is in there.

tommymsw Wrote:I am using Eden and have no idea how to make a smart playlist in it.

But are you saying I can make a smart playlist with all of the shows I like and then make a channel in PTV that plays that list? To me, this seems like defeating the purpose of PTV in some way. I like how PTV does not require the user to do very extensive things to get good results. I figured if there was a way to include "year" in a "from and until" fashion in the custom channel part of PTV, this would allow for MANY types of customized channels (like classics, 50's, 60's, etc). You could have like a 1980's channel! Or 1980's cartoons!

I think that the year is included in the data for the shows already? (I think, lol)

Just seemed like the most simple solution to me at the time.

yes you can do all of that in smart playlists.

create it, then make a channel in PTV using that playlist and it will act like a channel giving the live tv experience.

smart playlists are easily the best way to make channels as people have different tastes. you might want an NBC channel showing the post 2000 shows and one showing pre 2000 shows, with smart playlist you can do that.

Also you can create a "mixed" smart playlist that will play movies/tvshows/music videos depending on the rules you apply!
so you can create a channel for NBC post 2000 shows with random family comedy and PTV will make the scedule up for you. Im sure there is even a way in PTV to schedule a movie at a certain time so every day at 8pm for example you can expect a family comedy movie.
CameronC: What skin are you using? Somehow PTV isn't able to find the config xml file...which is baffling since it should use the default if a skin-specific one isn't available.

Quote:But are you saying I can make a smart playlist with all of the shows I like and then make a channel in PTV that plays that list? To me, this seems like defeating the purpose of PTV in some way.

Not at all, it actually adds options to the user. Most users don't need to create Smart Playlists, but if you want something specific then they're there to give you that added flexibility. If I put in all of the available options I'd just be recreating the smart playlist editor, which wouldn't simplify things at all.

Quote:any chance of being able to incorporate Apple movie trailers

Probably not. I haven't figured out (or really looked into) connecting to other plugins. This would have the same problem as other streaming channels: no duration is available. I actually do this same sort of thing, though...I have this program run every night to download all of the newest trailers, and then I create a directory channel based on that.
RenZ0R Wrote:I have a 80's horror and 80's comedy as separate channels Laugh

smart playlists come in real handy if you have a huge "HUGE" libary like I do, it stops a lot of repeats when you can add additional options via the playlist Smile

Any chance you would want to give me a 1., 2., 3. on how to set up a smart playlist on Eden? (just where to find it would be nice) I can't find instructions anywhere and my "tinkering" has not come across it.

I'm in the same situation with a large library. I have hundreds of movies and tens of thousands of TV shows!
Far as I can tell go to Video/New Smartplaylist or something similar...

Make rules and give a name to that playlist.

Open PTV Channel Configuration and scroll through channel "type" until you see smartplaylist or such (going from memory)

You will get a popup on the side showing smart playlists you've already built. Choose one and hit enter. It should build it next time you start PTV.
Not sure, if I'm missing something here, but whenever I use PseudoTV, browse around for sometime and comeback to my movie/tv library, my resume times for my shows are all at what they were in PseudoTV.

So If i was watching a movie in PseudoTV, and stopped at 15mins or so.. in the library it again shows 15 mins. Is there a way to disable this? I dont want my PesudoTV watches to reflect in my library?
mmartell Wrote:Far as I can tell go to Video/New Smartplaylist or something similar...

Make rules and give a name to that playlist.

Open PTV Channel Configuration and scroll through channel "type" until you see smartplaylist or such (going from memory)

You will get a popup on the side showing smart playlists you've already built. Choose one and hit enter. It should build it next time you start PTV.

At first I was like "Whoa! How did I miss that?"

But when I go to "videos" I see the video directories I made (i.e. "Movies" "TV Shows") and "Add Videos..."

Like this:
Movies
TV Shows
Add Videos...

No "Smart Playlist" and if I choose "Add Videos" it just takes me to when I add a path to my videos. Sad
You're not at the root level. You need to find a way to go back somehow.

I am using the default Confluence skin atm, not sure if that matters.
I am using the default Confluence skin too. Not sure how to get to the root level. I have tinkered with it for a bit. I go to "Videos" and press back. that doesn't work. I go to "Videos" on the home screen and choose "Files" from the sub menu. That doesn't work.

I will continue to tinker with it.
tommymsw Wrote:I am using the default Confluence skin too. Not sure how to get to the root level. I have tinkered with it for a bit. I go to "Videos" and press back. that doesn't work. I go to "Videos" on the home screen and choose "Files" from the sub menu. That doesn't work.

I will continue to tinker with it.

I think you click add source, then choose playlists, from there its all pretty simple Smile
silverlight Wrote:Not sure, if I'm missing something here, but whenever I use PseudoTV, browse around for sometime and comeback to my movie/tv library, my resume times for my shows are all at what they were in PseudoTV.

So If i was watching a movie in PseudoTV, and stopped at 15mins or so.. in the library it again shows 15 mins. Is there a way to disable this? I dont want my PesudoTV watches to reflect in my library?

I asked for the possibility for PTV NOT to add resume marks to the db some pages back. Not sure it's possible or not?? For me, it messes with an "In Progress" SPL I have.

I would like to ability for PTV to have it's own bookmarks so you can resume from where you stopped watching a channel - without it being added to the xbmc db. This is all way beyond my level of knowledge, so I'd need J102 to wade on in with some answers. Great add-on though, but I've stopped using it because it really adds too many resume points when you're channel surfing.