Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
build g1a2a4b7 fixes the audio problem like 95% of the time. It also seems faster. Make it usable, which is really nice. Happy Smile
Jason102 Wrote:Can someone that has the sound popping issue try the latest stable-pre? I put in something that may or may not help with it...

It mostly works. I see that you are muting it for a period of time with the channel change. For my setup, it works for most TV show changes, but when i switch to a channel that has 1080p content playing, it will pop. This is mostly because my system takes a moment longer to start playing the 1080p stuff.
I've been using this addon for a while now, and I like it a lot, but one issue has come up.

I'm unable to switch subtitles on films, because the Enter/OK button is instead used for the guide. How can I work around this using a remote?
Sorry for the bump but am just wondering if anyone has any idea on the issue below:
TheFonz Wrote:Worked for me a couple of times and now when I try and run Pseudo TV from a custom menu from the main screen it gets to the point of saying buffering and then just stalls there. Any Ideas? Uninstalled/Reinstalled - didn't work. Deleted the script from the addons folder - didn't work. Still stalls.

The only way to get back to XBMC is to end task and reopen XBMC.
probably has been asked a couple times.. is there anyway to get PseudoTV as an option on the home screen? I have the Aeon Nox skin with Eden

thanks in advance
gman3042 Wrote:probably has been asked a couple times.. is there anyway to get PseudoTV as an option on the home screen? I have the Aeon Nox skin with Eden

thanks in advance

Customise the skin and use an addon menu to point to PseudoTV. I haven't been able to find any instances of PseudoTV crashing at the buffering stage.
Worked for a couple of times, then just stopped.
I love this addon, so thank you!! But I noticed a problem running on AppleTV.. previously, I could use the Menu button on the apple remote to exit (by holding it for a couple secs), or to exit out of the EPG without changing the channel. Now the menu (info) button doesn't do anything.. the other buttons work fine. The menu button is pretty crucial to be able to get back to XMBC Smile

I just recently updated (to Eden, now on 2.0 of PseudoTV).. Might this be a change/bug in your addon, or maybe something in Eden?
I have a log file from my crashed PseudoTV. I went through it and have no idea what I would be looking for. Which sections in particular should I be looking for?
TheFonz: You can post the entire log to pastebin and give me the link, or really look for any mention of "exception"...that should be what's breaking.
timhoeck Wrote:I love this addon, so thank you!! But I noticed a problem running on AppleTV.. previously, I could use the Menu button on the apple remote to exit (by holding it for a couple secs), or to exit out of the EPG without changing the channel. Now the menu (info) button doesn't do anything.. the other buttons work fine. The menu button is pretty crucial to be able to get back to XBMC Smile

I just recently updated (to Eden, now on 2.0 of PseudoTV).. Might this be a change/bug in your addon, or maybe something in Eden?

I switched back to Dharma and the menu works fine.. I saw a mention of keymaps that maybe you could edit them manually, but I couldn't find them.

Regardless, for me, Eden is unstable on my ATV1, so I'm back to Dharma for now.. but thanks for the awesome addon!
bolex17 Wrote:Hrmm.. Having the same 'Menu' key problem as every ATV2 user.

Is there a temporary fix at the moment by remapping the keys?

Really love this plugin but the remote bug makes it not very usable.Sad

Dirty Fix.

Quick dirty fix atm is to change your
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>
to
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

in joystick.AppleRemote.xml

/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps

Dirty fix doesnt seem to be working
any other thoughts or ideas

ATV2 XBMC Eden

other than this issue everything works fantastic
Jason102 Wrote:TheFonz: You can post the entire log to pastebin and give me the link, or really look for any mention of "exception"...that should be what's breaking.

Seem to be a lot of these errors:
Code:
12:26:13 T:680   DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive
TheFonz Wrote:Seem to be a lot of these errors:
Code:
12:26:13 T:680   DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive

That has nothing to do with PseudoTV. Chances are, you are using a skin that has been skinned with the PVR branch in mind.
Sranshaft Wrote:That has nothing to do with PseudoTV. Chances are, you are using a skin that has been skinned with the PVR branch in mind.

Indeed.
Can it be that the Channel Sharing option requires PseudoTV to be closed nicely? I had some trouble when just shutting down the pc without closing PseudoTV and XBMC gracefully. I am using two pcs. From the next start on there was at first some kind of background process with high disk usage working all the time (hours) on both pcs. Then, after the next start, playback hangs immediately after some minutes and crashes XBMC. Sorry, I don't have a debug log. Disabling Channel Sharing solved the problem.

WinXP
PseudoTV last dev version
XBMC eden pre