Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The add-on doesn't work for me on OpenELEC.

When launching PseudoTV (default settings), it shows a loading bar with no name :
" -100%"

And then nothing happens. My PC is totally not responding.

I use the version 2.0.0 of Pseudo TV on Openelec 1.0.2
First I just wanted to say that PseudoTV is by far the best program / idea I have ever seen for watching my movie / tv files. It's a complete game changer and is pretty much my sole reason for me using XBMC over others. Jason, you are the man and have my extreme gratitude for taking the time to make this awesome concept and being active here!

So here are my quick 2 Q's. Sorry if if i come off as a newbie - I am more of a designer than a coder, but I do my best.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

1. How do I completely uninstall PseudoTV? I think I have some corrupt channels or something. For example, I made a custom playlist called "TV Land" and made it channel 44. Worked great, until recently - now it's gone and when I go to re-add it to the same channel 44 in the config it won't let me. It will let me add another playlist fine, but not this one. This is an issue for about 6 channels currently. It's almost like the program remembers the old one and it conflicts somehow. I've tried everything -- full re-installs (PseudoTV AND XBMC) but for some reason it does the same thing each time. My playlists seem to be fine - I compare them to other playlists that will work on that channel and they work plus there is no difference (other than file name). I can use the playlist "TV Land" on other channels too - just not 44. As I am trying to re-create my current cable for me, my wife and kids - it's important I keep the channels the same.

I just want to be able to add in whatever playlists to whatever channels id like and re-arrange as needed - should be easy.

Again, sorry if this has been covered or is ignorant.

2. .strm files - I have a HD Homerun Prime. I see that there has been some talk about it here. I realize Jason you want to "do it right" - by all means I would be ecstatic if you came even close to integrating this.

Since you need duration, in the meantime is it possible (or easy) to allow .strm files by having them end after a set time? For example, just have all of them end after 72 hours after each time starting? Not many people watch TV for that long anyways. It would be great to set channels up this way so I can channel surf between my stuff and liveTV. I don't need a guide or anything fancy - but if I could just move between channels (in XBMC you have to "stop" a channel like a movie) it would be HUGE.

Hope that makes sense and thanks again for this!
Love it as always.

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that the .strm files from Hulu seem to be working perfectly with this.
can i autostart pseudotv when i run xbmc?
I have created a channel in PseudoTV that plays music videos and have noticed that all the videos in webm format are not being added to the channel. XBMC plays these videos without problem.

Is this a known thing with PTV or is there a setting I need to check somewhere?

Thanks,
Joey

XBMC Dharma / Windows XPP / PTV 2.0.0
jchaven Wrote:I have created a channel in PseudoTV that plays music videos and have noticed that all the videos in webm format are not being added to the channel. XBMC plays these videos without problem.

Is this a known thing with PTV or is there a setting I need to check somewhere?

Thanks,
Joey

XBMC Dharma / Windows XPP / PTV 2.0.0

try looking in the wiki. i remember that you can add new file types to be supported by xbmc.
publicENEMY Wrote:try looking in the wiki. i remember that you can add new file types to be supported by xbmc.

Wiki for PTV? Where is it? XBMC is able to play .webm files - it is just PTV is not adding them to the channel.

Thanks,
Joey
if your xbmc can already play and recognize .webm files, then i dont know what the solution for your problem.
When XBMC doesn't know the duration of a file then, for a few of the most commonly used file types, I read the file directly to figure it out. I have never heard of webm files, so I don't handle them.

If XBMC does know the duration and they still don't play in PTV, I don't have any answers. Perhaps a debug log would tell me.
RockDawg Wrote:Just wondering if you maybe figured out a solution for this. As I posted before, I managed a workaround by storing the addondata folder for PTV on my NAS and then mounting that directory locally on each machine. While this works relatively well, I do get occasional lockups that I can't figure out. Hopefully you can figure something out that would be a little more stable.

The lockout seems to only occur when PTV updates the channels. I assume that's the same as a channel reset? If so, what exactly does that do and what affect would it have if I set "Time between channel resets" to never?
since nobody answer my question, ill ask again.
how can i autostart pseudotv when i start xbmc.

thanks.
publicENEMY Wrote:since nobody answer my question, ill ask again.
how can i autostart pseudotv when i start xbmc.

thanks.

Hello,

Create a text file and call it "autoexec.py" (without the quotes). Inside of this text file put this:
import time;time.sleep(5);xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.pseudotv/default.py,-startup)")

Now put your autoexec.py file in your XBMC userdata folder. The next time you start XBMC, PseudoTV will start as well.
The sleep(5) will wait 5 seconds before starting. You can change it to what you need.
There should not be a space in the word Runscript. Looks like there is, but there shouldn't be.
Hope this helps,
Mark
Huge fan of PseudoTV, thank you for it. It runs like a champ.

Recently I setup ATV2, 4.4.4 running XBMC beta. PseudoTV works, but it doesn't let you back out of the Channel Config window. I've hit every combination of keys on the remote. I end up having to force a reboot just to get out of it (which of course doesn't save the settings).

I know XBMC beta may not be supported, but I wanted to report this for future updates.
Jason102 Wrote:That's exactly how the scheduler works. You schedule a channel (which can be a smart playlist type) to play at a time on specific days of the week and for a certain count (4 or 5 shows). Everything you're asking for is possible right now.

Hi Jason...I am hoping that you or someone else can help me out.

I want to schedule a playlist of 6 or 7 shows for each night of the week. Each night will be a different playlist.
The playlist is supposed to be loaded at 6:00pm, my time, and stay loaded until the next playlist is loaded at 6:00pm the next day.
I am trying to use the scheduling features, but am not sure how to go about what I want to do.
Lets say, I want to start on Channel 2 (Channel 1 is a seperate channel). I have 7 different playlists and I would like to start s different playlist every night at approximately 6pm.
Do I load each of the 7 playlist into PTV's channels 2 thru 8 and make them "Not played"?
How would I go about filling out the scheduling of each channel?
Here is what I currently have:
PTV Setting / My Setting
Channel Number / 2
Days of the Week / Each playlist set to different day
Time (HH:MM) / Each channel set to 06:00
Episode Count / Not sure what this is ( I set to 7 to get 1 episode per series)
Starting Episode / 1
Starting Date / Today's Date

Also I should I set all or any of the channels to "Do not play this channel"?
Right now I have set channels 3 thru 8 to "Do Not Play"

Please...can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Create a text file and call it "autoexec.py" (without the quotes). Inside of this text file put this:
import time;time.sleep(5);xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.pseudotv/default.py,-startup)")

Now put your autoexec.py file in your XBMC userdata folder. The next time you start XBMC, PseudoTV will start as well.
The sleep(5) will wait 5 seconds before starting. You can change it to what you need.
There should not be a space in the word Runscript. Looks like there is, but there shouldn't be.
Hope this helps,
Mark

it works. thanks. should be stickied