Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mwkurt Wrote:Thanks for answering, but I am not sure that I understand. I tried pointing the "Shared Channels Folder" to my "playlist" folder on the my master machine, I then pointed a slave machine to the same folder over my network. What I got was an error message to the effect that "no channels were found". These are Windows 7 computers using smb shares.

I assumed that I had to point to the folder that my actual playlists were in. I am not sure now. When you say it doesn't matter what folder I use, what folder do you use?

Could you possibly explain how you are doing this?

Thanks,
Mark

Setup a network shared folder, set ptv to use that folder for sharing... setup channels....

On your second xbmc setup, set ptv to the same network share folder... thats it...

are you having trouble with a channel?

I believe all channel sharing does is setup a "remote" settings2.xml that another xbmc running ptv will check for channel info (runtime, duration) for multiroom viewing...

Hope that helps
Lunatixz Wrote:Setup a network shared folder, set ptv to use that folder for sharing... setup channels....

On your second xbmc setup, set ptv to the same network share folder... thats it...

are you having trouble with a channel?

I believe all channel sharing does is setup a "remote" settings2.xml that another xbmc running ptv will check for channel info (runtime, duration) for multiroom viewing...

Hope that helps

So the shared folder does not have to have anything to do with PseudoTV's files or playlists? Just an empty folder somewhere on the network that is shared?
I'll give it a try...thanks so much!

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:So the shared folder does not have to have anything to do with PseudoTV's files or playlists? Just an empty folder somewhere on the network that is shared?
I'll give it a try...thanks so much!

Mark

Not sure when I said the folder has nothing to do with ptv's files or playlists...
All i'm saying is; it's location doesn't matter! it's not location sensitive...Rolleyes
Just make sure it's network shared and both ptv's are using the same folder.
Lunatixz Wrote:Not sure when I said the folder has nothing to do with ptv's files or playlists...
All i'm saying is; it's location doesn't matter! it's not location sensitive...Rolleyes
Just make sure it's network shared and both ptv's are using the same folder.

Not sure you did either...I kind of assumed since it doesn't matter where it is on the network and it is not supposed to point to any PseudoTV folder in particular.
I hate to seem so dense about this, but is this just any folder that I set up on my network or is it something else? Can it be any name I choose? Does this folder have to have anything in it related to PseudoTV?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Not sure you did either...I kind of assumed since it doesn't matter where it is on the network and it is not supposed to point to any PseudoTV folder in particular.
I hate to seem so dense about this, but is this just any folder that I set up on my network or is it something else? Can it be any name I choose? Does this folder have to have anything in it related to PseudoTV?

Thanks,
Mark

I would keep the folder name simple (Less then 12 char) that's my preference; but not needed... PTV will add the files it needs to those folders.
is the most recent version 2.0.0?
I updated my reFocus skin to fix a few things and keep things in line with Jereon's GIT branch.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/PseudoTV...eFocus.zip
Hi Jason, just to let you know, the exit button on atv2 works fine in version PseudoTV-v1.0.0-189-g0b4c37f one of the development versions.
This button doesent respond In any of the newer versions and a reboot of the atv is neccesary, maby you can do a patch from this version to get it to work?

If you can tell me what file this command are in i can also patch it myself.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good workSmile
is it still working properly for you, guys? I'm trying to use it on Eden Beta 2 and gets frozen when you enter on the EPG
Hi Jason102,
Just an FYI I upgraded to Eden Beta II and PseudoTV is now working again.
Awesome.
Thanks
I don't want to be a pain, but I've gone through the thread but haven't found an answer. I have a smart playlist, which includes 11 tv shows. When I create a channel using that playlist, there are only 3 shows showing up in the epg for the next 3 days. Is that normal? Is there some way for the different shows to all show up and be in a random order? Thanks.
primetime34 Wrote:I don't want to be a pain, but I've gone through the thread but haven't found an answer. I have a smart playlist, which includes 11 tv shows. When I create a channel using that playlist, there are only 3 shows showing up in the epg for the next 3 days. Is that normal? Is there some way for the different shows to all show up and be in a random order? Thanks.

try selecting random order when making the smart playlist... how about the random order rule in channel configuration? give those two a try i'm sure one of them will work for you...Nod
Lunatixz Wrote:try selecting random order when making the smart playlist... how about the random order rule in channel configuration? give those two a try i'm sure one of them will work for you...Nod

That worked Thanks.
Alrighty,
PseudoTV has stopped working again.
After upgrading to Beta 2 it worked maybe twice and then the 3rd run it just crashes on buffering again.
Sad
TheFonz Wrote:Alrighty,
PseudoTV has stopped working again.
After upgrading to Beta 2 it worked maybe twice and then the 3rd run it just crashes on buffering again.
Sad

Is your media on a network share? sounds like you should address problems with your setup... Eden beta2 works fine with PTV, except for random crashes when changing channels.

also you are using a BETA, Clean installs of XBMC are always recommended!