Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of quick quesitons to see if anyone else is experiencing this or can offer help.

1. When I start up XBMC (Eden, beta 3). It can be as long as 5 minutes till I can open PseudoTV. I'm thinking this is because XBMC only allows 1 script to run at a time and it is conflicting with something else (perhaps weather or the channel scan?). I'm not sure. On my main machine, it's no big deal since the computer just sleeps, but on my laptop it's a bit annoying. Nothing I can't deal with, but if anyone had a solution, I'd be open to it.

2. I turned off "include iceLibrary streams", but on one channel I set it to "include iceLibrary Streams = yes" as a rule. That channel isn't showing up at all in PseudoTV. Granted that channel is limited to 1 show, that 1 show is all streaming (strm) files, and it is no iceLibrary. I was under the impression that that setting merely strips out or allows episode entries where the file is a strm file.

I'm guessing maybe that feature isn't fully working yet? If not, I could try and take a look at it tonight to see if I can get it working.
Lunatixz Wrote:Create a channel for your bumpers and have it play by path your bumpers are in.... Make sure hide very short videos is disabled.

Don't setup any channel rules yet, just test to see if it plays!
Let me know...

btw if you setup a channel rule not to play it will be skipped in the EPG... That's the point of that option to create a hidden channel.

That is what I have done. I create the channel using a path to the bumps folder. I have hide very short videos disabled, but when I refresh the the channels on the next start the bumps channel just never shows up. I hadn't even got to the actual interleaving part yet.
kanedamgm Wrote:That is what I have done. I create the channel using a path to the bumps folder. I have hide very short videos disabled, but when I refresh the the channels on the next start the bumps channel just never shows up. I hadn't even got to the actual interleaving part yet.

Weird, I haven't had a problem setting up bumper channels... Make sure that channel doesn't have any undesired rules; also play around with the short video length in the pstv settings.
sirmeili Wrote:I'm thinking this is because XBMC only allows 1 script to run at a time and it is conflicting with something else (perhaps weather or the channel scan?).

This is an incorrect assumption!

sirmeili Wrote:I turned off "include iceLibrary streams", but on one channel I set it to "include iceLibrary Streams = yes" as a rule.

unfortunately pstv's include icelibrary in the main settings is a global rule, once enabled it doesn't matter what each rule in the channel is! So you have to enable it then disable it for each channel you don't want it on...

sirmeili Wrote:I'm guessing maybe that feature isn't fully working yet? If not, I could try and take a look at it tonight to see if I can get it working.
Works fine... could I see your code for your "Enhanced" coming up toast?
Lunatixz Wrote:This is an incorrect assumption!

unfortunately pstv's include icelibrary in the main settings is a global rule, once enabled it doesn't matter what each rule in the channel is! So you have to enable it then disable it for each channel you don't want it on...

Sorry for the wrong assumption Smile It seems to start to work as soon as the weather updates (another script). I'll turn on full debug log and see what I see. Thanks for that Smile

And thanks for the infor about the iceLibrary. I'll turn it on globally and then turn it off for all other stations. It would be nice if it would go either way though. I may take a look at the code and see if I can make it do that will little effort. If so I don't mind sharing the code.
kanedamgm Wrote:That is what I have done. I create the channel using a path to the bumps folder. I have hide very short videos disabled, but when I refresh the the channels on the next start the bumps channel just never shows up. I hadn't even got to the actual interleaving part yet.

Hi Kane and Luna,

I am having the same issue with my bumps channel. I mentioned it a couple pages back. Shorty after switching to Eden I notice an issue with some of my bumps not playing. I have a bump directory channel setup that points at my bumps folder. Any video shorter than approximately 50 seconds is not being recognized and played by ptv. I am not talking about just not showing up in the epg, I have disabled the hide short videos setting. I took all the rules off the bumps channel and removed any bumps longer than 50 seconds from the folder and the bump channel stopped loading all together. I get the "background loading" message but the bump channel never loads and then my computers memory usage goes from around 20% to 90ish percent and stays that way untill I restart the computer. If I have both bumps shorter and longer than 50 sec in the bump folder the channel will load and will only play the longer bumps and my memory usage still skyrockets. If i remove all the shorter than 50 seconds bumps from my bump folder my memory usage doesnt skyrocket and the channel loads. I downgraded back to xbmc 10.1 and the master branch of ptv (not stable-pre) and I am still having the same issues. I do remember at one point a couple months ago I did have the short bumpers playing in ptv. Unfortunately I cant really pinpoint exactly when they stopped playing. oh btw I am using win 7 64 bit.
sirmeili Wrote:I may take a look at the code and see if I can make it do that will little effort. If so I don't mind sharing the code.

It's not a matter of changing the code so much as will the change be merged with the master... I have a number of custom scripts for xbmc, but my preference don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the developer or general user.

Plus if it's not going to be merged, I hate having to rewrite my additions onto updated script! waste of time after a while...
Lunatixz Wrote:Works fine... could I see your code for your "Enhanced" coming up toast?

My statement on whether it was working or not was because i figured if I set the global to off and the channel to yes, it should work that way or it shouldn't be an option as a rule.

Not 100% sure what you mean about the "enhanced coming up toast". I basically just told it to use the existing "showInfo()" method instead of executing the XBMC info popup. Around line 832 of overlay.py I did this:

Code:
if self.notificationShowedNotif == False and timedif < NOTIFICATION_TIME_BEFORE_END and timedif > NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME:
                    # nextshow = self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].fixPlaylistIndex(self.notificationLastShow + 1)

# if self.hideShortItems:
                        # Find the next show that is >= 60 seconds long
                    #     while nextshow != self.notificationLastShow:
                    #         if self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemDuration(nextshow) >= self.shortItemLength:
                    #             break

#         nextshow = self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].fixPlaylistIndex(nextshow + 1)

# xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(Coming Up Next, " + self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemTitle(nextshow).replace(',', '') + ", " + str(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME * 1000) + ")")
                    self.infoOffset += 1
                    self.showInfo(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME)
                    self.notificationShowedNotif = True

(I just commented out the exisitng functionality and added the 2 lines to shwo the exisitng info box with it starting on the first "coming up" screen instead of the "now playing" screen). I hope that's what you're looking for.
Lunatixz Wrote:Weird, I haven't had a problem setting up bumper channels... Make sure that channel doesn't have any undesired rules; also play around with the short video length in the pstv settings.

You mean you can modify what length makes a video "short"? Is that in the normal config menu??
sirmeili Wrote:My statement on whether it was working or not was because i figured if I set the global to off and the channel to yes, it should work that way or it shouldn't be an option as a rule.

Not 100% sure what you mean about the "enhanced coming up toast". I basically just told it to use the existing "showInfo()" method instead of executing the XBMC info popup. Around line 832 of overlay.py I did this:

Code:
if self.notificationShowedNotif == False and timedif < NOTIFICATION_TIME_BEFORE_END and timedif > NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME:
                    # nextshow = self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].fixPlaylistIndex(self.notificationLastShow + 1)

# if self.hideShortItems:
                        # Find the next show that is >= 60 seconds long
                    #     while nextshow != self.notificationLastShow:
                    #         if self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemDuration(nextshow) >= self.shortItemLength:
                    #             break

#         nextshow = self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].fixPlaylistIndex(nextshow + 1)

# xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(Coming Up Next, " + self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemTitle(nextshow).replace(',', '') + ", " + str(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME * 1000) + ")")
                    self.infoOffset += 1
                    self.showInfo(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME)
                    self.notificationShowedNotif = True

(I just commented out the exisitng functionality and added the 2 lines to shwo the exisitng info box with it starting on the first "coming up" screen instead of the "now playing" screen). I hope that's what you're looking for.

Oh... that's no biggie, thought you were going to rewrite the coming up notification to include the extra labels.
Lunatixz Wrote:Oh... that's no biggie, thought you were going to rewrite the coming up notification to include the extra labels.

Nope, I just don't like the built in XBMC notification box. I was, however, thinking of creating a new info box that was always in the bottom center/right that had similar info to that of the current info box, but in a smaller less intrusive form. I haven't started on that yet as I'm still new to the python thing. I did this as a shortcut to appease myself for now.

Edit: the new info box would be only used for "coming up" attractions. Though I suppose it could be reused for all the popups that occur such as the "Channel X has been added". I don't mean it to replace the current info box at all.
kanedamgm Wrote:You mean you can modify what length makes a video "short"? Is that in the normal config menu??

You can choose what constitutes as a "short video" to be hidden in the EPG (15 seconds, 30s, 45s,....). Its in the visuals section and I believe its only an option in the development version....the stable pre github branch. There is an option in the master version that lets you hide short videos you just cant select the video length. I have messed around with this setting in both versions and it hasnt helped me. Put a video in your bumps folder that is longer than a minute and see if the channel loads for you.
jnewbern Wrote:You can choose what constitutes as a "short video" to be hidden in the EPG (15 seconds, 30s, 45s,....). Its in the visuals section and I believe its only an option in the development version....the stable pre github branch. There is an option in the master version that lets you hide short videos you just cant select the video length. I have messed around with this setting in both versions and it hasnt helped me. Put a video in your bumps folder that is longer than a minute and see if the channel loads for you.

Will be trying that tonight. Thank you.
Hi!!

Fantastic script! Using this every day. made myself 55 channels already with custom channel bugs and bumpers!

I have one question...How do i remove the seek bar coming up every time i switch channel? getting in the way of the info bar of pseudotv too.
Big Grin
espengaasemyr Wrote:Hi!!

Fantastic script! Using this every day. made myself 55 channels already with custom channel bugs and bumpers!

I have one question...How do i remove the seek bar coming up every time i switch channel? getting in the way of the info bar of pseudotv too.
Big Grin

Use the option in the settings... Under visual Cool
If that doesn't work add the line below to your skins visable area in dialogseekbar.xml
Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)