Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-04-06, 03:04)boccman Wrote: [ -> ]Does everyone experience that icon? or just certain machine setups?

It's been like that for so long, I don't remember if it ever wasn't like that.

But frankly, I think this is a good, and probably intentional, thing.
Hi all.
Any one know if it is possible to start pseudoTv, but without it starting to play anything..
I just want it to display the channels..

Thanks.
(2012-04-05, 14:46)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Nietchie: Hmm, it just says it can't connect. I've added a few more traces. Please get the latest stable-pre and turn on debugging so that I can look at a debug log.

I'm not sure if you need the whole log, but it was 20mg or so. Too big for pastebin.
I have uploaded it to megashare (rar'd to about 800k), let me know if you would prefer it another way:

http://www.MegaShare.com/4093158
Thanks for creating the best xbmc addon!
Currently on Eden using PTV v2.1.0-18 with Rapier skin.Channels switch insanely fast.The only minor problem I have is, channel config opens in background of main addon settings when using rapier skin...not a big deal, only need to switch to confluence to make the rare channel config changes.

Any way of adding a recently added TV and recently added movie channel? if possible I would set PTV as startup and never need to leave it...with the exception of listening to music.
Any chance of adding music channel Smile

(2012-04-06, 12:47)igor Wrote: [ -> ]Any way of adding a recently added TV and recently added movie channel?

What I did was create a smart playlist for 'recently aired' in the last (for example) 4 weeks and turned that into a station.

(2012-04-06, 01:40)boccman Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever i change channels the muted icon appears on the top right of the screen? The volume isnt muted and it goes away in a few secs.

Any ideas?

Yes, that's normal behaviour and has been that way since before 1.0. The XBMC devs just added a new feature to allow changing of the volume without displaying the volume dialog so this may be something Jason could look into it in the future. It would require a nightly build after Eden though so I would doubt it'd come any time soon as Eden was just released.

Bump...

Is there any way that I can use PseudoTV with ISO's?

If I select "play" on the ISO menu, it brings up only the PeseudoTV Menu, rendering PseudoTV nealy useless.

Here is my original question...

(2012-02-27, 21:54)zebraitis Wrote: [ -> ]All,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked and possibly answered somewhere in the last 250+ forum pages.

I'm running Win7/Eden 3 Beta/Harmony 900 Remote/PseudoTV 2.0.0

Big library, 2000+ films, 100+ TV Series.

Works great... EXCEPT: When a film is selected that is stored in .ISO format which includes a DVD menu.

I loked at the suggested controls. Selecting PseudoTV starts the process, Hitting OK selects a movie, Exit or back gets you out.

And there's the problem.

If a DVD Menu on an .ISO ripped file comes up, you have to start the movie playing by hitting OK/Enter.

And that just tells PseudoTV, that I want to see the EPG. Which I don't.

So... are there options that can be recommended to address this? Any additional controls available?

Thanks!

Nietchie: Alright, another try at this. Try the latest stable-pre. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure right now. If no username and password is found in the string for the server, I was trying to connect as 'guest' with no password. I'm now going to try with an empty username and password before trying guest. Hopefully it'll help, but it's really just a guess. No need to get another log if it doesn't work, I will just have to do some additional research about samba...

zebraitis: Eh, really, DVD isos shouldn't be used. I'm surprised that they are even pulled in. Since it has a menu, they shouldn't have a duration. If they don't have a duration, I ignore them. I'm guessing that XBMC will grab a duration for the main video on a DVD iso and pass that to me, which really is just wrong. I may have to make a modification to specifically ignore .iso files...
(2012-04-06, 20:06)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]zebraitis: Eh, really, DVD isos shouldn't be used. I'm surprised that they are even pulled in. Since it has a menu, they shouldn't have a duration. If they don't have a duration, I ignore them. I'm guessing that XBMC will grab a duration for the main video on a DVD iso and pass that to me, which really is just wrong. I may have to make a modification to specifically ignore .iso files...

Jason,

I'm glad that I could bring this "feature" to your attention.

First, let me say in all seriousness: Thank you for your very quick response.

Nod

There are quite a few .ISO that get pulled in, and it does make it a mess with the functioning of the program, as the available controls in PseudoTV are limited. (Is there a link for documentation?)

PseudoTV appears to recognize the correct length of the film contained within the .ISO, but when selected (or if becomes thee default that is selected on start-up) then the menu just plays.

Of course, if you were to fix that, then PseudoTV would become immediately useful for me.

However...

If you COULD just find a way to ignore .ISO's and the menus contained within... sadly, that would be a shame to "lose" all that content. (Some of the greatest "extras" are contained within those .ISO files.)

And, if you DO find a way to ignore .ISO, then likely it would be very easy for you to overlook this issue/shortcomming in the future (and that, too, would be a shame).

If only you could find a way to make a different "select / enter" feature key for selecting an item within a DVD menu, that would be fantastic.

On the other hand...

I am a realist, and know that you have limited time to devote to this pursuit.

So, I'll say thank you, again, and look forward to whatever feature you add to address this (maybe in your next release?).

v.

(2012-04-06, 20:06)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, really, DVD isos shouldn't be used. I'm surprised that they are even pulled in. Since it has a menu, they shouldn't have a duration. If they don't have a duration, I ignore them. I'm guessing that XBMC will grab a duration for the main video on a DVD iso and pass that to me, which really is just wrong. I may have to make a modification to specifically ignore .iso files...

The same thing happens for DVD folders (VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS). So if guess if you're gonna do that, then the same should apply for those. But isn't there some way to force-play the main feature from your end?
(2012-04-06, 20:49)rd1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-06, 20:06)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, really, DVD isos shouldn't be used. I'm surprised that they are even pulled in. Since it has a menu, they shouldn't have a duration. If they don't have a duration, I ignore them. I'm guessing that XBMC will grab a duration for the main video on a DVD iso and pass that to me, which really is just wrong. I may have to make a modification to specifically ignore .iso files...

The same thing happens for DVD folders (VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS). So if guess if you're gonna do that, then the same should apply for those. But isn't there some way to force-play the main feature from your end?

If you are asking ME (the guy with the ISO question) then, from what I can see, the answer is no.

(Of course, in my case, I do not have any Video TS / Audio TS subdirectories, as putting all that in a .ISO file via DVD Shrink was "neater"... and since XBMC plays .ISO format, easier to manage. )

I just checked the way it works on my XBMC. This is the behavior:

PseudoTV has been marked as a "Favorite", so I need to go to my Favorite icon and select it. The XBMC Menu displays (for me) 4 items: PseudoTV, Navi-X, Icefilms, and BluRayPlayer.

I select PseudoTV by pressing [OK] on my Harmony One remote (which is mapped to Enter/Select in XBMC).

PseudoTV displays <working> and then popped up with a TV show episode.

I hit [OK] and that brings up PseudoTV's Program Guide, showing my available "stations" and videos.

If I select what appears to be a movie (which I know to be a .ISO), PseudoTV plays the selected item, resulting tn the launch of the DVD Menu, and PseudoTV displays the "Now Playing" information on the botton-right of the screen

The "Now Playing" information fades away, leaving only the DVD Menu displayed, and in this case with "Play Movie" highligted in that DVD Menu.

Now... If I select [ |> Play ] on my remote (mapped to "P" in XBMC) , the result is that the menu pauses, with XBMC displaying paused information in the top-right of the screen.

Selecting [ Menu ] (mapped to "M" in XBMC) doesn't allow any additional help... It would just have me pause the playing menu as well. So, exit that.

Selecting [OK] to select the "Play Movie" highlighted choice in the DVD Menu results in the PseudoTV Program Guide to overlay the DVD Menu (which continues to play in the background).

Of course, selecting another TV episode or movie w/o a DVD Menu allows that to play. No problems.

And, I could live with that, but it fails the Spouse Acceptance Factor Test.

I am not aware of any other key control that could make this work.

(thanks for reading. Big Grin )

(2012-04-06, 17:24)Sranshaft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-06, 01:40)boccman Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever i change channels the muted icon appears on the top right of the screen? The volume isnt muted and it goes away in a few secs.

Any ideas?

Yes, that's normal behaviour and has been that way since before 1.0. The XBMC devs just added a new feature to allow changing of the volume without displaying the volume dialog so this may be something Jason could look into it in the future. It would require a nightly build after Eden though so I would doubt it'd come any time soon as Eden was just released.

Thanks.
(2012-04-05, 18:08)czarphanguye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-05, 17:18)Rastan Wrote: [ -> ]But when I switch over using the cursor keys and surf movie channels, PTV gets stuck. The screen goes black and I can hear the sound playing. But XBMC freezes and I cannot do anything other than force quit.
To be honest I am not sure whether its PTV or XBMC in general causing this. Because I noticed when playing movies and skipping forwards I produced the same results. (Black screen with audio playing).

I was having this issue too.. a LOT. I'm not sure if fixing the Setting > Video > Audio settings did it (corrected hdmi settings to reflect the NVIDIA hw) *or* if it was the trakt.tv plugin. Since turning off that plug-in i have yet to experience a crash.

I am having the same issue, the computer i am running on doesn't even have HDMI (in Afghanistan right now). So i can't even switch to HDMI output, I am hooked up through VGA and 1/8" line out.. but having the same issue when a change channels randomly through PTV now, just started in the past week.

(2012-04-06, 00:26)jelly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this excellent plug-in, im just going through learning how it works and how i want it set up but im having sound issues. When i go through channels on both my mac mini and macbook i get a really loud crackling and the sound cuts out, i've tried various options (anologue, hdmi, 2.0, 5.1 etc) but cant seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

I have noticed this as well just on Mac devices other then the Apple TV. I have now seen PTV running of a few friends macbook pros and they all have the same audio popping issue when changing channels... my ATV2 has no issues though.
(2012-04-07, 04:45)FDorsey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-05, 18:08)czarphanguye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-05, 17:18)Rastan Wrote: [ -> ]But when I switch over using the cursor keys and surf movie channels, PTV gets stuck. The screen goes black and I can hear the sound playing. But XBMC freezes and I cannot do anything other than force quit.
To be honest I am not sure whether its PTV or XBMC in general causing this. Because I noticed when playing movies and skipping forwards I produced the same results. (Black screen with audio playing).

I was having this issue too.. a LOT. I'm not sure if fixing the Setting > Video > Audio settings did it (corrected hdmi settings to reflect the NVIDIA hw) *or* if it was the trakt.tv plugin. Since turning off that plug-in i have yet to experience a crash.

I am having the same issue, the computer i am running on doesn't even have HDMI (in Afghanistan right now). So i can't even switch to HDMI output, I am hooked up through VGA and 1/8" line out.. but having the same issue when a change channels randomly through PTV now, just started in the past week.

(2012-04-06, 00:26)jelly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this excellent plug-in, im just going through learning how it works and how i want it set up but im having sound issues. When i go through channels on both my mac mini and macbook i get a really loud crackling and the sound cuts out, i've tried various options (anologue, hdmi, 2.0, 5.1 etc) but cant seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

I have noticed this as well just on Mac devices other then the Apple TV. I have now seen PTV running of a few friends macbook pros and they all have the same audio popping issue when changing channels... my ATV2 has no issues though.

Make sure you disable Or uninstall Trakt Utilities addon if you are using it, as I think that is what was causing the crash issue.
(2012-04-07, 05:19)Rastan Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you disable Or uninstall Trakt Utilities addon if you are using it, as I think that is what was causing the crash issue.

I don't see that listed in my installed addons