Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having some issues with this addon, I recently moved all my tv shows to a larger drive updated xbmc and everything is fine but pseudotv no longer works. It tries to add new tv channels but fails every time. My log looks like this

Code:
17:52:34 T:2724   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [E:\Tv Shows\Chuck\Season 05\05x06 - Chuck Versus the Curse.avi]
17:52:34 T:2724  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
17:52:34 T:2724  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
17:52:34 T:2676   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 252, path [E:\Tv Shows\Chuck\Season 05\05x06 - Chuck Versus the Curse.avi]
17:52:49 T:4020   ERROR: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: Exception during seek
17:52:49 T:2676  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
17:52:49 T:2676 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:52:49 T:2676  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
17:52:49 T:2676  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
17:52:49 T:2676   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\ph33rTV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-103dbf0\resources\images/Comedy.png
17:52:52 T:3336 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://G:\Movies\War Of The Worlds CD1\War Of The Worlds CD1.avi , G:\Movies\War Of The Worlds CD2\War Of The Worlds CD2.avi
17:52:54 T:3336 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://G:\Movies\The Crow\The Crow I (1994)\The Crow (1994) CD1.avi , G:\Movies\The Crow\The Crow I (1994)\The Crow (1994) CD2.avi
17:52:56 T:3336   ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 15
17:52:56 T:4020   ERROR: script.pseudotv-Active Thread: PlayerTimer
17:52:56 T:4020   ERROR: script.pseudotv-Active Thread: MainThread

it seems to be trying to look for the files in the old directory still. How do I get it to look for the files in the right directory? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling pseudotv many times but no matter what I just cant get it to switch to the directory my tv and movies are actually located

[edit] of course right after posting this I got the idea of doing a search for all pseudotv stuff that might have been left behind after uninstalling it and sure enough there was 5 or 6 files left. After deleting those and reinstalling it all is well now Smile Amazing app Smile thank you
hello everyone. i am a new pseudotv convert. i can't believe i didn't even know this existed. I had been mapping smart playlitsts to custom home screens to get the functionality, but i was only getting a few channels. this is way better, thanks for all the development.
now on to my issue: all of my chnannels displays the current show/movie name in the epg/info, which is what i want. however, 2 channels show the episode title name. both channels come from a custom smart playlist. I wouldn't even mind it so much, except i also lose the plot information.
Also, i know a lot of people don't use it, but I use the neon skin, and every time i change a channel it brings up both the skin's info guide and the pseudotv info guide. right now i have the pseudotv set to not show this info, but i would rather use the pseudotv info instead of the skin's info when changing channels.

Also the now watching guide is in the following format:
SxEE Title (S00E00)
I don't need season and episode number displayed twice, any way to change this?
what do you guys use for backdrops in the main menu for psuedotv? any recommendations?
(2012-05-09, 03:36)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you guys use for backdrops in the main menu for psuedotv? any recommendations?

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2516/pseudotv01.png

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid=743909
do you happen to have that in 720p/1080p? Smile
also, do any of you use this in aeon mq3? if so, do you have any skin recommendations. went to the skin's for pseudotv and dont see aeon listed Sad
I figured out how to get my Hulu streams on a playlist and add it as a channel in PseudoTV, however I am coming across an issue, When the channel is on it starts from the beginning of the episode. I like that but when it starts it has the "this program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption from blah blah blah" then it moves to the next episode and it starts at the beginning and then "this program is brought to you with limited commercial interuption from blah blah blah" and keep doing this. How do I make it stop doing that and just play the whole episode? I could care less about trying to totally remove the commercials (I guess I'll sit through them :p) I was going to try to look in the past posts but I am not sure what I would even search for, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1: Figured out the issue. You need to set the Add-on settings for the Hulu plugin to disable commercials and ads. Duh, makes sense.
(2012-05-09, 03:36)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you guys use for backdrops in the main menu for psuedotv? any recommendations?

i have been using this one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid743251
(2012-05-09, 04:06)boccman Wrote: [ -> ]

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2516/pseudotv01.png

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid=743909

Mainly I use the same one as posted above but this one was posted on this thread a while ago, which is quite good..

Download

(2012-05-09, 07:41)Internaltheory Wrote: [ -> ]I figured out how to get my Hulu streams on a playlist and add it as a channel in PseudoTV, however I am coming across an issue, When the channel is on it starts from the beginning of the episode. I like that but when it starts it has the "this program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption from blah blah blah" then it moves to the next episode and it starts at the beginning and then "this program is brought to you with limited commercial interuption from blah blah blah" and keep doing this. How do I make it stop doing that and just play the whole episode? I could care less about trying to totally remove the commercials (I guess I'll sit through them :p) I was going to try to look in the past posts but I am not sure what I would even search for, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would you mind sharing how you got the Hulu streams into a playlist?
(2012-05-09, 10:19)Daavid Wrote: [ -> ]Would you mind sharing how you got the Hulu streams into a playlist?

Once I get the steps down, I'll send something to ya. It might be a while though. For the time being you might want to look at the comments in this reddit post http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/suf2h/your_top_5_xbmc_plugins/

Hi guys
i am using a lot the directory option in order to randomize and play my kid's show i recorded.
since i moved all my movies and media to a windows machine to act as a file server, is there any chance i can share a directory and use it to a smb directory?

i tried adding the server as a source in the file manager and i can set it as a directory in ptv but i get an error when opening it (i created only one channel with only this directory).
i am using openelec so i cannot map it to a drive letter like under windows.
any help here? i really dont want to move 200GB of shows to a local hard disk (and i would like to share it to other machines on the network).
thanks
(2012-05-09, 16:19)Internaltheory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-09, 10:19)Daavid Wrote: [ -> ]Would you mind sharing how you got the Hulu streams into a playlist?

Once I get the steps down, I'll send something to ya. It might be a while though. For the time being you might want to look at the comments in this reddit post http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/suf2h/your_top_5_xbmc_plugins/

Would this allow me to make an rtsp stream in an strm file and link to the directory to play the stream in psuedo?

I tried it but nothing happens when I go to the channel (icefilms is enabled)
i don't know* about that, but i just got hulu working. in hulu settings, set the location where you want the strm and nfo files to be stored. then in the plugin, on a tv show (i did it on my whole subscriptions folder) bring up the context menu, and there is an option to add to library. then add the location with the strm files into your library, set content as tv show and then i had the tv shows in my tv show library. then added a channel in pseudotv for that show. it would probably work as a directory too if you didn't want to add the show to your library.
this is pretty great though. i now have a channel that airs the most recent episodes of the daily show/colbert report.
(2012-05-08, 17:23)jbaruch76 Wrote: [ -> ]now on to my issue: all of my chnannels displays the current show/movie name in the epg/info, which is what i want. however, 2 channels show the episode title name. both channels come from a custom smart playlist. I wouldn't even mind it so much, except i also lose the plot information.

Also the now watching guide is in the following format:
SxEE Title (S00E00)

still trying to fix this, any ideas?
(2012-05-08, 17:23)jbaruch76 Wrote: [ -> ]Also the now watching guide is in the following format:
SxEE Title (S00E00)

Go into PseudoTV settings > Visuals and turn off Show Season / Episode information. Reset PseudoTV by making sure 'Force reset PseudoTV on next startup' is ticked and start PseudoTV.