Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TheDoughboy Wrote:After that I picked a playlist that I knew would look for that movie and made it channel_1. I then ran PsuedoTV and it picked the movie right away.

Bingo! You picked a playlist that had the movie in it. This triggered XBMC to scrape the video file header data and update streamdetails. This is why PseudoTV had the data available and you did not get a no duration error.
@TheDoughboy, you will notice in the iso nfo that there is no <fileinfo> section. In the avi/divx nfo, there is a <fileinfo> section, but it is missing the <durationinseconds> so XBMC will not update streamdetails.iVideoDuration since it looks in <durationinseconds> for this data in the nfo.
I see two things that need to be fixed with that nfo. Each genre, credit and director should be a separate tag. At least this is the way XBMC, and by extension, my program does it.

Also. for the duration tag, it should just be a number - there shouldn't be 'min'. What is still unclear, to me at least, is the nfos XBMC creates still have the <durationbyseconds> tag but there have been conflicting statements whether that is still used. I know that XBMC uses it in the nfo and I'll be using that as well but things like this need to be ironed out. I'm really looking forward to when the devs start rolling out the new database. Hopefully some of this stuff will be fixed / changed.

Ember still misses some other 'minor' tags - things like epbookmark (this field is necessary if you have video files that contain more than one episode), country, movieset and sorttitle.

@jtucker: I'll send you a PM as soon as I've got things ready to test. Also, just a heads up, you'll be able to manage all those extra things (fanart, covers, extrathumbs, etc) right from the program as well.
Sranshaft Wrote:Also. for the duration tag, it should just be a number - there shouldn't be 'min'. What is still unclear, to me at least, is the nfos XBMC creates still have the <durationbyseconds> tag but there have been conflicting statements whether that is still used.

I am going to verify as soon as my library finishes exporting. I need to setup another computer with XBMC so when I do the scan it will be pulling in the nfo exported by XBMC with the <durationinseconds> tag. If it works like I think, the streamdetails should be updated accordingly.

Before I do the import, I will pick a movie and episode to remove the <durationinseconds> tag from and see if it still updates iVideoDuration or not.

Sranshaft Wrote:@jtucker: I'll send you a PM as soon as I've got things ready to test. Also, just a heads up, you'll be able to manage all those extra things (fanart, covers, extrathumbs, etc) right from the program as well.

Hot damn!
jtucker1972 Wrote:Bingo! You picked a playlist that had the movie in it. This triggered XBMC to scrape the video file header data and update streamdetails. This is why PseudoTV had the data available and you did not get a no duration error.

Okay I see the point, but what I was trying to bring up with that experiment was the people are looking to say the tools like Ember cause problems, and here a file that scraped through Ember and XBMC scanned it no problem and Psuedo played it.

I still get no duration errors and again I pointed out that I think it is either a) the number files it gets errors from or b) stacked or iso files.
Sranshaft Wrote:I see two things that need to be fixed with that nfo. Each genre, credit and director should be a separate tag. At least this is the way XBMC, and by extension, my program does it.

Also. for the duration tag, it should just be a number - there shouldn't be 'min'. What is still unclear, to me at least, is the nfos XBMC creates still have the <durationbyseconds> tag but there have been conflicting statements whether that is still used. I know that XBMC uses it in the nfo and I'll be using that as well but things like this need to be ironed out. I'm really looking forward to when the devs start rolling out the new database. Hopefully some of this stuff will be fixed / changed.

Ember still misses some other 'minor' tags - things like epbookmark (this field is necessary if you have video files that contain more than one episode), country, movieset and sorttitle.

First min is not causing a problem with Psuedo on my end. Second <epbookmark> is not needed for movies. It is needed for ISO files, it's actually something I put a request in for if we could put a data bookmark in for ISO files just like the epbookmark tag we could then actually go to the movie in an iso file.

Yes I know I should just rip the movie and be done with it. Rofl

Can someone post a blank nfo for tv and movie files that contains every field that can be currently used?
Here's an nfo for one of my TV shows, this one comes from Media Companion (don't ask) and I manually added epbookmarks.

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<multiepisodenfo>
<episodedetails>
<streamdetails>
<fileinfo>
<video>
<width>512</width>
<height>384</height>
<codec>DIVX</codec>
<format>DX50</format>
<duration>50mn 53s</duration>
<width>852 Kbps</width>
<container>.avi</container>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>MP3</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
<bitrate>112 Kbps</bitrate>
</audio>
</fileinfo>
</streamdetails>
<title>The Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes</title>
<season>2</season>
<episode>2</episode>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<credits>Rod Serling</credits>
<director>John Badham / Margaret St. Clair</director>
<rating>0</rating>
<aired>1971-09-15</aired>
<plot>A phenomenally successful young seer suddenly refuses to make further predictions.</plot>
<thumb>http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/</thumb>
<runtime>25920050 min</runtime>
<actor>
<name>Michael Constantine</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Clint Howard</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Ellen Weston</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Bernie Kopell</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>William Hansen</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Gene Tyburn</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Rance Howard</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Rosary Nix</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>John Donald</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
<streamdetails>
<fileinfo>
<video>
<width>512</width>
<height>384</height>
<codec>DIVX</codec>
<format>DX50</format>
<width>852 Kbps</width>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>MP3</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>
</fileinfo>
</streamdetails>
<title>Miss Lovecraft Sent Me</title>
<season>2</season>
<episode>4</episode>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<credits>Jack Laird</credits>
<director>Gene Kearney</director>
<rating>0</rating>
<plot>A vignette about a babysitter and her latest client.</plot>
<runtime>1555200050 min</runtime>
<epbookmark>1338</epbookmark>
<actor>
<name>Sue Lyon</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Joseph Campanella</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
<streamdetails>
<fileinfo>
<video>
<width>512</width>
<height>384</height>
<codec>DIVX</codec>
<format>DX50</format>
<width>852 Kbps</width>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>MP3</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>
</fileinfo>
</streamdetails>
<title>Phantom of What Opera?</title>
<season>2</season>
<episode>3</episode>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<credits>Jack Laird</credits>
<director>Gene Kearney</director>
<rating>0</rating>
<plot>The Phantom of the Opera gets the shock of his life when he menaces a beautiful young singer.</plot>
<runtime>1555200050 min</runtime>
<epbookmark>2805</epbookmark>
<actor>
<name>Mary Ann Beck</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Leslie Nielsen</name>
<role>
</role>
<thumb>
</thumb>
</actor>
</episodedetails>
</multiepisodenfo>
TheDoughboy Wrote:Okay I see the point, but what I was trying to bring up with that experiment was the people are looking to say the tools like Ember cause problems, and here a file that scraped through Ember and XBMC scanned it no problem and Psuedo played it.

I still get no duration errors and again I pointed out that I think it is either a) the number files it gets errors from or b) stacked or iso files.

Regardless of whether you scrape using a third-party tool like Ember or not, you still have to use a playlist to capture the durations or play each file to capture the duration. If Ember were outputting complete XBMC nfo's with fileinfo populated with durationinseconds, then XBMC would use that and would not need to use a playlist to capture it.
TheDoughboy Wrote:Can someone post a blank nfo for tv and movie files that contains every field that can be currently used?

Please see my earlier post where I provide a link to both a movie nfo and episode nfo output by XBMC.
@Jason102, I found a little glitch with the script. If the Channel Name has an & in it the script will hang when it tries to create the channel. For example, Action & Adventure hangs the script, but Action and Adventure works fine. Just thought I'd let you know.
Just a quick tip for anyone who wants to map a key to start PseudoTV. I use this with my XBMC Commander to have a one button solution to start my XBMC TV.

For keyboard you assign the following command to keyboard.xml:

XBMC.Runscript(script.PseudoTV)

For example:

<f11>XBMC.Runscript(script.PseudoTV)</f11>

If XBMC is running and I send the F11 keystroke, PseudoTV loads. You could map this to a button on your remote as well.

Thought I'd share this as I love having single button access to my favorite scripts. Big Grin
^ Thanks for that, I was looking for a way to launch from xbmc commander.

I still have an issue with incorrect info for every show showing up, any thoughts? I've tried resetting, etc, to no avail.

EDIT: Fixed it ( I Think). Shuffle was on for everything. Turned it off and it's fine.
For those using Ember and having the duration issue, disable Ember from getting the runtime from imdb and the meta data from the file.

To do that i would just go to the root of my movies and watch the overall duration increment and leave it there until it stopped (you can tell if its close to being done by averaging the length of each move to 90 minutes and see if the amount of movies time 90 minutes is your overall duration.

For tv shows i would go to the all seasons of each and wait for the same.

That way XBMC will scan the file and get the information it needs. But you can still edit and customize everything else.

As others have stated no third party app creates the nfo file the same way as xmbc does, so until they do there is the above work around Smile
rtwight Wrote:For those using Ember and having the duration issue, disable Ember from getting the runtime from imdb and the meta data from the file.

To do that i would just go to the root of my movies and watch the overall duration increment and leave it there until it stopped (you can tell if its close to being done by averaging the length of each move to 90 minutes and see if the amount of movies time 90 minutes is your overall duration.

For tv shows i would go to the all seasons of each and wait for the same.

That way XBMC will scan the file and get the information it needs. But you can still edit and customize everything else.

As others have stated no third party app creates the nfo file the same way as XBMC does, so until they do there is the above work around Smile

A screenshot of where to disable the runtime can be seen at http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=719...tcount=315
Could one of you guys possibly tell me what I am doing wrong? When I open a playlist that I created I do not see any times accumulating. I do this inside of XBMC. IS there something that I am missing? Could you please give me instructions on what you are doing to accomplish the time accumulation that you all see?

Thanks,
Mark