Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Maybe this could be configurable via the settings?

Yea, I'm not worried about the episode info, just the titles.
Font size is a skin thing, so it can't be a configurable setting. The font request would be a request for Sranshaft. If you just want to modify yours, you can change the font setting in skins/default/720p/script.PseudoTV.TVOverlay.xml.

I hadn't tried the & issue with mixed playlists. I'll try and find some solution.
Jason102 Wrote:Font size is a skin thing, so it can't be a configurable setting. The font request would be a request for Sranshaft. If you just want to modify yours, you can change the font setting in skins/default/720p/script.PseudoTV.TVOverlay.xml.
Thanks!
Since XBMC uses & in the channel name when it writes the XML, I'm going to not worry about making a manually entered & work. I fixed it so that case won't crash, and the & will show up properly. I also resolved an issue with scrolling in the EPG under certain cases with missing channels...it would occasionally die. That stuff is in the repository.

Jtucker1972: I want to include some of your playlists as a set of defaults that will be used to fill a users list if they don't have anything setup. I'm thinking a selection of 20 would be about right. So if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor: pick 20 so that a variety is present...movies and shows...and virtually any library would be able to have a few good channels. I'd really appreciate it.
I would love to. I could use some help from the forum members on channel selection. I would start with genres and try to group them to limit the number of channels.

TV Genres (14)
  • action and adventure
  • animation
  • children
  • comedy
  • crime
  • current
  • documentary
  • drama
  • fantasy
  • mini-series
  • reality
  • science fiction
  • sport
  • western

I thought we could narrow this down to the following channels:

TV Channels (12)
  • current tv (first aired within last 2 weeks)
  • action and adventure tv
  • kid tv (animation, children) - unfortanetly no way to get tv ratings
  • comedy tv
  • crime tv
  • documentary & history tv
  • drama tv
  • fantasy & sci-fi tv
  • mini-series tv
  • reality tv
  • sport tv
  • western tv

There are 24 movie genres to pick from.

Movies (24)
  • action
  • adventure
  • animation
  • biography
  • comedy
  • crime
  • documentary
  • drama
  • family
  • fantasy
  • film-noir
  • history
  • horror
  • musical
  • music
  • mystery
  • reality
  • road
  • romance
  • sci-fi
  • short
  • sport
  • thriller
  • war
  • western

Based on this list, I've come up with the following movie channels:

Movie Channels (13)
  • current movies - movies release 2010 and later.
  • action and adventure movies
  • biography, documentary, reality and history
  • comedy
  • crime, film noir and mystery
  • drama
  • family and animation (pg and below)
  • fantasy and sci-fi
  • horror and thriller
  • musical and music
  • romance
  • war
  • western

This would pare it down to 25 total channels using simple episode and movie playlists. I could combine using mixed playlists but I figure that's an advanced channel setup.
Jason, this last version fixed the issue with ampersands. Thanks!
Jtucker, Is there a lot of western tv? I don't have any in my library, what would be some examples?
More issues. I added a new playlist and set it to rescan. Now it won't work at all. It says it can't find info on any channels. I deleted the playlist, and all traces of PseudoTV including .m3u and download the new one on the stable-pre.

Any idea what's wrong? Here's my log. http://gone
Start At the bottom, It's long!
zepfan Wrote:Jtucker, Is there a lot of western tv? I don't have any in my library, what would be some examples?

Deadwood, and that's the only one I have in my library. I'm a huge fan of Ian McShane and he was great in this show - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_(TV_series))
TheDoughboy Wrote:Deadwood, and that's the only one I have in my library. I'm a huge fan of Ian McShane and he was great in this show - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_(TV_series)

Gotcha. It just seemed like an odd category!
i would love to use this, but I am confused about how to set this up.
@zepfan: Hmmm, more changes to JSON in your build...it's not returning durations for the video. I'll look at the XBMC code to see if I can figure out what's changed...
I don't see anything wrong, but the JSON code has been heavily modified since Dharma. First, I'd suggest that you make sure you're using the newest code base...this problem may have been fixed. If that doesn't help, we can write a bug report.
Jason102 Wrote:I don't see anything wrong, but the JSON code has been heavily modified since Dharma. First, I'd suggest that you make sure you're using the newest code base...this problem may have been fixed. If that doesn't help, we can write a bug report.

Ok I'll update. Thanks
EDIT: I decided to go back to Darhma final. The night-lies are giving me too much trouble.
This may sound odd, but if you could add in a way (or tell me what i need to do) that the channel logos are overlayed in the bottom right corner like actual tv to make it seem more authentic?