Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if my problem was already solved in the thread but pseudo tv doesn't seeems to see my mp4 files... is their a fix or is my setup broke?
thanks in advance!!
cheers
(2013-06-08, 09:59)defdave Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I've got a weird bug that probably has a simple solution but I just don't know where to look.

I applied custom settings with the mce remote plug-in and everything works wonderfully except it now made switching channels by number in pseudotv stop working. I checked in the mce remote plug-in and the numbers are set up properly so I'm guessing it's something in pseudotv settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i know that all keys have to be mapped on their own within pseudotv, so like spacebar for play and pause has to be included in pseudotv, it doesnt get inherited from xbmc's keyboard mapping. so i think what is likely happening is that your remote is sending keys like mce_num_1 which doesnt match whatever the keyname is for the regular number keys and probably werent mapped within PTV. its probably an issue that will need to be fixed with an update of ptv, or you could map your mce keys to regular number keys outside of xbmc entirely with autohotkey or a similar program.

(2013-06-08, 12:37)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if my problem was already solved in the thread but pseudo tv doesn't seeems to see my mp4 files... is their a fix or is my setup broke?
thanks in advance!!
cheers

are you using frodo with the latest stable-pre of PTV?
I'm using 12.2 but not sure for the latest stable ptv...where can I get it? I'll try the first post developement one if this is it!
thanks for your answer!
cheers
(2013-06-08, 21:05)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 12.2 but not sure for the latest stable ptv...where can I get it? I'll try the first post developement one if this is it!
thanks for your answer!
cheers

http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/...stable-pre

from the front page of the forum
Manynthanks I ll try this soon!
Thanks
I recently updated to Frodo and started using the lastest pseudotv stable build but have a problem.

When trying to edit channels and settings with PseudoTV manager I cannot see shows that I've recently added to my XBMC library. I'm guessing that the settings2.xml file is moved with this release but cannot find it to point pseudotv manager at. Any input? Below are my settings that worked with the the pseudotv addon I downloaded straight from XBMC.

0 | C:\Users\----\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos60.db | C:\Users\----\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\settings2.xml
(2013-06-09, 02:28)w4rrior Wrote: [ -> ]I recently updated to Frodo and started using the lastest pseudotv stable build but have a problem.

When trying to edit channels and settings with PseudoTV manager I cannot see shows that I've recently added to my XBMC library. I'm guessing that the settings2.xml file is moved with this release but cannot find it to point pseudotv manager at. Any input? Below are my settings that worked with the the pseudotv addon I downloaded straight from XBMC.

0 | C:\Users\----\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos60.db | C:\Users\----\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\settings2.xml

well first of all you copied and pasted a couple paths, not any actual files.
second, you should probably ask in the pseudotv manager thread not the pseduotv thread.

if the settings2.xml file isnt where you expect it look around your addon_data folder for a different pseudotv folder as you may have dropped the latest stable pre in there without renaming it to fit convention, it will start with jasonra-xbmc-pseudotv.
Hello,

I have PTV working generally well, except for a problem I have recently discovered that may be a bug. Firstly, I am using Frodo, PTV 2.1.0.

It seems that after a while of a particular channel playing, the episodes start repeating. I have also recently discovered that apparently channel sharing does not really work anymore.
Here is what is going on. I have "Channel Sharing" enabled and the proper smb directory chosen that houses my channel data, etc. I deleted a channel m3u file in my share, trying to get the channel to reload, and when I restarted PTV, the channel came right up and started playing where it left off when I stopped it previously. Investigating further, I found that PTV was using local m3u files rather than the shared m3u files. They are all duplicated on the local machine. Perhaps this is a factor in my repeating episodes saga?
Anyway, here are my settings:
Auto off timer: Disable
Time between Channel Resets: Automatic
Default channel times at startup: Real Time
Background updating: On
Enable channel Sharing: On with share selected.

Here are the settings for my repeating episodes channel.
Even show distribution
Only play unwatched
Play tv shows in order
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Pause when not watching
Force Resume mode

So here are some questions...Can anyone else using Frodo and the latest stable pre build of PTV confirm that Channel sharing is working by deleting a shared m3u file to see if the channel rebuilds? Has anyone else seen or noticed repeating episodes? When I was previously using Dharma and PTV, if I deleted a shared m3u file, the channel rebuilt, So I am pretty sure this is not the proper behavior. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I have confirmed this behavior with both of my PTV installs that are sharing the same set of channels. A bit of further diagnosis finds that, instead of PTV rebuilding the missing m3u channel data in the share, it instead copies whatever local m3u data for missing channels back into the share. This is not the way PTV used to work. Can anyone else confirm? Or am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks,
Mark
(2013-06-08, 08:43)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-08, 03:54)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ][quote='EZ1976' pid='1438287' dateline='1370554843']

yes but ember doesnt scrape with the hebrew scrapper.
this has advanced a bit and now i know that while populating the channels, the movies with a long description are not displayed and the movie after them is - so that will create a one movie epg sync issue.
while editing the files, i noticed that lines that has 609 characters are not displayed and when i shorten them to 580 characters, the epg os spot on.

thanks mate.
if you need me to send you a few m3u files with hebrew scraping just let me know
i am curious to hear what you found out.

edit: started to manually edit each playlist and XBMC database and trim the problematic movie info down to 570 characters and it worked perfectly.
so as i see it there are 3 options:
1) fix the problem that PTV has with movie info with more than 570 characters.
2) trim the movie info direct in the XBMC database (maybe a daily script)
3) run a batch command that goes through the m3u files and trim the long files.

what do you think?

Yes send me m3u

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xlkhbbz481mb5ig/1.rar

i put in the rar file 4 m3u channels (its in hebrew so you will need to open them in notepad ++ in unicode mode).
although the info is in hebrew, the movie's name is also in english so you will see what it is.
in addition i added also a sample database (only 99 movies scrapped in hebrew) and the playlists (since PTV cannot recognize hebrew genre, playlists must be used)

please let me know how i can help more. right now i am working on a sql script to trim lines longer than 550 characters.

I Ran this script via qlite3.exe
update movie set c01=SUBSTR(c01,0,520) WHERE length(c01)>520;

trimmed all my info that excedded 520 characters
the EPG is perfect now/
(2013-06-09, 15:39)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have PTV working generally well, except for a problem I have recently discovered that may be a bug. Firstly, I am using Frodo, PTV 2.1.0.

It seems that after a while of a particular channel playing, the episodes start repeating. I have also recently discovered that apparently channel sharing does not really work anymore.
Here is what is going on. I have "Channel Sharing" enabled and the proper smb directory chosen that houses my channel data, etc. I deleted a channel m3u file in my share, trying to get the channel to reload, and when I restarted PTV, the channel came right up and started playing where it left off when I stopped it previously. Investigating further, I found that PTV was using local m3u files rather than the shared m3u files. They are all duplicated on the local machine. Perhaps this is a factor in my repeating episodes saga?

Even show distribution
Only play unwatched
Play tv shows in order
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Pause when not watching
Force Resume mode

So here are some questions...Can anyone else using Frodo and the latest stable pre build of PTV confirm that Channel sharing is working by deleting a shared m3u file to see if the channel rebuilds? Has anyone else seen or noticed repeating episodes? When I was previously using Dharma and PTV, if I deleted a shared m3u file, the channel rebuilt, So I am pretty sure this is not the proper behavior. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I have confirmed this behavior with both of my PTV installs that are sharing the same set of channels. A bit of further diagnosis finds that, instead of PTV rebuilding the missing m3u channel data in the share, it instead copies whatever local m3u data for missing channels back into the share. This is not the way PTV used to work. Can anyone else confirm? Or am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks,
Mark

I use channel sharing with PTV and it works as it should. It first copies all of the channel data it can from the share and then rebuilds what it needs to. If you want to refresh a channel you need to delete it from the local folder and the share folder. I dont think it is supposed to do anything different as it is in fact "sharing" channels.

As for episodes repeating, its because there is nothing else for it to play, what did you expect? You have it set to play only unwatched content, if you have 20 such episodes that meet all of that criteria it will loop those 20 episodes. It doesnt just get to the end and then leave you with an empty channel. Combined with even show distribution and playing in order you will likely get the exact same lineup every time the channel is refreshed as well.
(2013-06-09, 19:19)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]

Even show distribution
Only play unwatched
Play tv shows in order
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Pause when not watching
Force Resume mode

Thanks,
Mark

I use channel sharing with PTV and it works as it should. It first copies all of the channel data it can from the share and then rebuilds what it needs to. If you want to refresh a channel you need to delete it from the local folder and the share folder. I dont think it is supposed to do anything different as it is in fact "sharing" channels.

As for episodes repeating, its because there is nothing else for it to play, what did you expect? You have it set to play only unwatched content, if you have 20 such episodes that meet all of that criteria it will loop those 20 episodes. It doesnt just get to the end and then leave you with an empty channel. Combined with even show distribution and playing in order you will likely get the exact same lineup every time the channel is refreshed as well.

I would have to agree with spanktastic2120 I also use sharing, and it works fine... and with repeats another cause I've noticed; sometimes ptv glitches when you have video repeat enabled in your xbmc guisettings.xml frodo has this as enabled by default so you might want to remote it...
BTW you can only edit guisettings.xml when xbmc is closed and not running... look under videosettings - repeat - change true to false...

(2013-06-09, 18:19)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-08, 08:43)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-08, 03:54)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ][quote='EZ1976' pid='1438287' dateline='1370554843']

yes but ember doesnt scrape with the hebrew scrapper.
this has advanced a bit and now i know that while populating the channels, the movies with a long description are not displayed and the movie after them is - so that will create a one movie epg sync issue.
while editing the files, i noticed that lines that has 609 characters are not displayed and when i shorten them to 580 characters, the epg os spot on.

thanks mate.
if you need me to send you a few m3u files with hebrew scraping just let me know
i am curious to hear what you found out.

edit: started to manually edit each playlist and XBMC database and trim the problematic movie info down to 570 characters and it worked perfectly.
so as i see it there are 3 options:
1) fix the problem that PTV has with movie info with more than 570 characters.
2) trim the movie info direct in the XBMC database (maybe a daily script)
3) run a batch command that goes through the m3u files and trim the long files.

what do you think?

Yes send me m3u

i put in the rar file 4 m3u channels (its in hebrew so you will need to open them in notepad ++ in unicode mode).
although the info is in hebrew, the movie's name is also in english so you will see what it is.
in addition i added also a sample database (only 99 movies scrapped in hebrew) and the playlists (since PTV cannot recognize hebrew genre, playlists must be used)

please let me know how i can help more. right now i am working on a sql script to trim lines longer than 550 characters.

the EPG is perfect now/

When I get some free time I'll look into it...
(2013-06-09, 19:19)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]I use channel sharing with PTV and it works as it should. It first copies all of the channel data it can from the share and then rebuilds what it needs to. If you want to refresh a channel you need to delete it from the local folder and the share folder. I dont think it is supposed to do anything different as it is in fact "sharing" channels.

Hello spanktastic2120,

You may be right, but I have like 33,000 episodes of which over 20,000 are not watched, so I don't think it is a problem of not having enough episodes. Guess I am doing something wrong so I will just drop it. However, I do think that in the version of PTV I used with Dharma, if the m3u that was in the shared folder was deleted, the channel would regenerate. I also believe that the copying went from the shared folder to the local folder for syncing purposes, which makes more sense to me, rather than saving from the local folder to the shared folder. Although I am not sure about this as I have never had this problem previously to my upgrading to Frodo along with upgrading PTV.

Thanks anyway,
Mark
I've successfully integrated PseudoTV into my XBMC install utilizing local content, and streaming content with the use of:

JustUseTheFileName Scraper
Smart Playlists
PseudoTV
MashUp
1Channel

Next step on making the 100% WAF? TV Tuner integration.

How does the SiliconDust HD Homerun share it's tuners?

It appears the Prime utilizes DLNA, but how about the regular dual? I know Frodo has PVR integration, but I'm annoying and I want one selection to rule all "Playlist" content aka you select a "channel" from the EPG and can just let it stream. "Channel" can be a real OTA HD broadcast, a smart playlist, or just a directory of shows/movies.

"OnDemand" type content would still be available from the XBMC Home screen with a movies and tv selection, but I'd prefer not to have to go into TV OTA to watch local news, and PseudoTV to watch streaming content.

Anyone have one of these devices? If so, just give me insight to the output, I can probably figure it out without even owning a device from there.. just trying to save myself the hassle of buy and try.
Does anyone have an idea as to why some of my channels disappear? I have to close out pseudotv and restart the program to add them back..
hi everyone.
played around with my INFO tv overlay files.

anyone wants me to upload them? my movie info is in hebrew but you get the idea.
the movie times on the progress bar move - meaning the elapse time goes up and the remaining movie time goes down.
as you can see, the video and audio info is located under the imdb rating on the bottom left.

(2013-06-09, 19:41)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-09, 19:19)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]

Even show distribution
Only play unwatched
Play tv shows in order
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Interleave channel
Pause when not watching
Force Resume mode

Thanks,
Mark

I would have to agree with spanktastic2120 I also use sharing, and it works fine... and with repeats another cause I've noticed; sometimes ptv glitches when you have video repeat enabled in your xbmc guisettings.xml frodo has this as enabled by default so you might want to remote it...
BTW you can only edit guisettings.xml when xbmc is closed and not running... look under videosettings - repeat - change true to false...

(2013-06-09, 18:19)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-08, 08:43)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes send me m3u

the EPG is perfect now/

When I get some free time I'll look into it...

take your time.
since i trimmed my xbmc database using the command above, my EPG is working great.
thanks