Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-11, 13:00)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-10, 23:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-10, 13:50)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have an idea as to why some of my channels disappear? I have to close out pseudotv and restart the program to add them back..

Are you sure the channel that disappeared isn't being automatically reset and repopulated using background channel adding?

Let me add some info, sorry for the earlier post. I'm running XBMC Eden release with PseudoTV 2.0 (i think) I reconfigured all my "network" channels and
made them smart playlists. I usually keep pseudotv running for that "tv' experience. I noticed large chunks of "network'' channels disappearing from time to time. I can exit out of PTV and run it again to repopulate the channels, (i think that once it plays all the shows it removes the channel) but I'm trying to figure out why it's doing this. I added a rule to only play "watched" media files to see if that made a difference and marked all my media as "watched". Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I would greatly appreciate it.

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE? I'VE WAITED OVER A WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE
Small update to stable-pre (shocking, I know):
* Limit show descriptions to 500 characters to help combat occasional EPG sync issues.
* Allow skinners to modify font in EPG (thanks to codenamedelta)
* Fix issue with opening videos with unicode in the filename.
* Workaround for dirty regions breaking the rules configuration page.
* Pressing delete on a channel in the configuration will give the option to clear that channel.
* There are now arrows in the advanced rule window to show if there are more options
(2013-06-19, 16:23)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-11, 13:00)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-10, 23:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the channel that disappeared isn't being automatically reset and repopulated using background channel adding?

Let me add some info, sorry for the earlier post. I'm running XBMC Eden release with PseudoTV 2.0 (i think) I reconfigured all my "network" channels and
made them smart playlists. I usually keep pseudotv running for that "tv' experience. I noticed large chunks of "network'' channels disappearing from time to time. I can exit out of PTV and run it again to repopulate the channels, (i think that once it plays all the shows it removes the channel) but I'm trying to figure out why it's doing this. I added a rule to only play "watched" media files to see if that made a difference and marked all my media as "watched". Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I would greatly appreciate it.

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE? I'VE WAITED OVER A WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE

LOL!! Confused Sounds like this is a problem unique to your setup... I have no clue what the problem is other then something to do with watched files being filtered... check your playlist, does it list everything from the missing channel or is it empty? have you tried removing all rules from the problem channel and starting over? PTV on its own doesn't filter watched shows out of your channel unless you have set it up to do so!!
(2013-06-19, 22:31)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Small update to stable-pre (shocking, I know):
* Limit show descriptions to 500 characters to help combat occasional EPG sync issues.
* Pressing delete on a channel in the configuration will give the option to clear that channel.
* There are now arrows in the advanced rule window to show if there are more options

thanks
i know my hebrew EPG sync issues have been resolved.
Can anybody help me with my problem? I have a ton of custom playlists I set as channels, but they seem to just repeat the same few movies over and over even though many more movies show in the playlist. Is there a setting to stop the playlist from repeating the same shows over and over?
Are you a developer of this add-on? Are there any developers on this thread? This thread is ridiculous, there are tons of questions asking to just get it basically working, and no one is answering any of them.

(2013-06-19, 22:31)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Small update to stable-pre (shocking, I know):
(2013-06-21, 13:51)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a developer of this add-on? Are there any developers on this thread? This thread is ridiculous, there are tons of questions asking to just get it basically working, and no one is answering any of them.

Wow! Are you just posting this to get a rise? Do you have a problem getting PTV working on your end? Most folks using PTV have it working pretty good, me included. There are some quirks I have found, but I can work around them. Seems that most of the problems are the result of local setup problems, local media problems or user error.
So what problem are you having?

Edit: Yes, Jason is the developer who also has a life to live but was and is kind enough to help out once in a while and keep this great script working.

Mark
(2013-06-21, 13:51)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a developer of this add-on? Are there any developers on this thread? This thread is ridiculous, there are tons of questions asking to just get it basically working, and no one is answering any of them.

GO AWAY!!
No, I am not trying to get a rise, I have better things to do than troll the internet. Just trying to get the attention of someone that works on this so I can get this add-on *working*. I've seen the same question, and other questions, simply go unanswered while other questions about skinning get immediate responses. And that just seems weird to me, although it would be great if all questions got the same quick responses. Just take a look through the thread and see how many times you see "can someone answer my question please?!"

I get a script failed to load error. So, you know, thats pretty much a non-starter. Frodo 12.2
Ok, I have a universal remote question. I bought a cheap universal remote from wal-mart. The box says it can control a media center (htpc) pc. it's a URC-WR7. I got it to successfully connect to my 50'' tv and my Xbox 360. I also have a mini wireless keyboard/touchpad combo that I got off of Amazon.com which is an RT-MWK01. I want to know if I can use the USB IR receiver from the wireless keyboard with the universal remote. If I need any programs or files, and how to set it up. I don't want to pay a lot for a Harmony and IR receiver at the moment. I'm using an old HP mid tower running XBMC Eden with PTV 2.0 here are links to the keyboard and universal to help out:

Wireless Keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-Entertainment...B003UE52ME

Universal Remote: http://www.universalremote.com/products/...es/urc-wr7
(2013-06-22, 08:02)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]No, I am not trying to get a rise, I have better things to do than troll the internet. Just trying to get the attention of someone that works on this so I can get this add-on *working*. I've seen the same question, and other questions, simply go unanswered while other questions about skinning get immediate responses. And that just seems weird to me, although it would be great if all questions got the same quick responses. Just take a look through the thread and see how many times you see "can someone answer my question please?!"

I get a script failed to load error. So, you know, thats pretty much a non-starter. Frodo 12.2

Well, let's give it a shot.

Are you using the stable-pre version?
If so, post a log to pastebin/xbmclogs.
Yeah, well this is perfect. Turning on debugging seemed to do the trick. As soon as I did that, everything worked. And yes, I was on the stable-pre, or the version that is in the first post (I think, its been a couple of weeks since I installed it I think). And I have tried loading this add-on at least 10 times without it working previously.

I'd also like to add what idiots we all are as human beings for needing/wanting this, but I have to admit, I feel pretty confident that I will use it alot.

I did upload my logs although I haven't gotten the email yet. I can't imagine there will be anything useful in there since it worked, but I'll add it anyway when I get it.

(2013-06-22, 12:04)Amelandbor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-22, 08:02)garydebergerac Wrote: [ -> ]No, I am not trying to get a rise, I have better things to do than troll the internet. Just trying to get the attention of someone that works on this so I can get this add-on *working*. I've seen the same question, and other questions, simply go unanswered while other questions about skinning get immediate responses. And that just seems weird to me, although it would be great if all questions got the same quick responses. Just take a look through the thread and see how many times you see "can someone answer my question please?!"

Well, let's give it a shot.

Are you using the stable-pre version?
If so, post a log to pastebin/xbmclogs.
So can't seem to find anyone else with this issue, and this is a stretch because i'm using a fork to support live tv; however, I'm having an issue with my directory channel. It seems to revert to a playlist rather than a directory.

More details:

Directory channel set to file manager added directory Music Videos.
On first build, it works populating that channel.
Sometime later, not sure when, it converts to playing movies.. not sure how or what it's decided to play ie what smart playlist.
Rebuild fixes this temporarily.

This is a local folder on the HTPC so it's not a network share issue.

Anyone have any thoughts or anything i can try? Let me know. I'm thinking about reverting back to the main branch to see if it's a fix that was incorporated somehwere down the road after the fork, but then I'll need dev help to determine how to incorporate it into the fork i'm using.
(2013-06-23, 15:48)blazin912 Wrote: [ -> ]So can't seem to find anyone else with this issue, and this is a stretch because i'm using a fork to support live tv; however, I'm having an issue with my directory channel. It seems to revert to a playlist rather than a directory.

More details:

Sometime later, not sure when, it converts to playing movies.. not sure how or what it's decided to play ie what smart playlist.

Anyone have any thoughts or anything i can try? Let me know. I'm thinking about reverting back to the main branch to see if it's a fix that was incorporated somehwere down the road after the fork, but then I'll need dev help to determine how to incorporate it into the fork i'm using.

The fork you are using has nothing to do with your problem... make sure you are using my build with frodo support!
Please keep angrycamels and my fork related questions in the appropriate topic so you can receive help...
(2013-06-23, 17:49)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-23, 15:48)blazin912 Wrote: [ -> ]So can't seem to find anyone else with this issue, and this is a stretch because i'm using a fork to support live tv; however, I'm having an issue with my directory channel. It seems to revert to a playlist rather than a directory.

More details:

The fork you are using has nothing to do with your problem... make sure you are using my build with frodo support!
Please keep angrycamels and my fork related questions in the appropriate topic so you can receive help...

If it has nothing to do with the fork, then it has every right being here. Thanks.