Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-23, 03:09)scilz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-23, 01:25)lzep Wrote: [ -> ]Having a slight problem I hope someone can answer.

I added the following to the "script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml" file:

<control type="label" id="1111">
<description>Show Year Rating Label</description>
<posy>45</posy>
<width>970</width>
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.mpaa] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Year]</label>
<textcolor>Color1</textcolor>
<font>descriptionSmall</font>
</control>

This works and shows me the Rating and Year of a movie/tv show in the Info overlay when watching a video in Pseudo. But it doesn't show this in the EPG guide. So I added the same thing (but changed the ID to 1112) inside the "script.pseudotv.EPG.xml" file and it shows the Rating and Year in the EPG, except (and this is where my problem lies) it shows the same Rating and Year for every single video in the EPG overlay, it doesn't change as I'm going through the guide. So if I'm watching a Rated R movie made in 2004 or something, it will show Rated R 2004 for every single video file I scroll over in the EPG. It will only change once I actually select that video file and watch it.

So, long story short, it's changing and showing the correct Rating and Year in the Info TV Overlay for every video, but not in the EPG overlay. It doesn't change as I scroll through my channels in the EPG. Any idea why this could be? Thanks.

its showing you the rating of the movie/show that is playing not what you are scrolling over i don't think it can retrieve the rating for stuff you are just highlighting the reason it changes out of the guide is because you are changing channels not just highlighting diferent stuff

That's what I was thinking, but how is it able to change the Movie Name, Title and Description when you scroll/highlight but not anything else? Is it pulling that data from somewhere that could store the Rating/Year as well? I tried re-scraping some files and cleaning library/resetting Pseudo but neither seemed to work.
idk to much bout that kinda stuff. i just hve spent alot of time messing with pseudotv,tv time,pseudo live ect and someone else had same problem as u in one of these threads i dont think he ever got it to work
Crashes my pi every time I change a channel - either by pushing up/down or by going to the guide and selecting a new channel, log is here:

http://pastebin.com/qv1LNZMQ

Always have loved PTV - would be great if it worked well on the Pi - I'm running Raspbmc by the way Smile
ok j, gotta ask, whats the difference between this ptv? and the ptv live add on?

im confused as they both look and seem similar?
I have a strange problem, I hope someone here will be able to help me with. I bought a Toshiba Canvio 2TB external drive a couple of months ago. I moved all of my TV shows for XBMC and PseudoTV onto it. I had to restart my pc for updates and now the pc is trying to boot from the hard drive. I have to turn off the pc and unplug the drive and then start the pc again. When the welcome screen comes up I can then plug the drive back in. Does anyone have an idea as to stop this from happening?

(2013-07-21, 03:25)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-21, 01:46)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to give this another shot. I made my playlists and added them to PseudoTV as channels. Everything runs fine and dandy for a few days. Every once and a while, I will notice that a channel has been removed completely from my EPG. It usually happens with my "Big Bang Theory" channel. The channel itself is nothing but random episodes. I've noticed that other channels have been removed as well, as many as 10 in one day. I followed milkmans guide when I made my playlists and have went as far as marking everything as watched and making a rule in the channel to "play only watched". I have also made a rule in the playlist setup to "play count greater than 0". So far nothing has worked. I'm using Eden XBMC with the latest PTV.

if by latest ptv you mean the stable-pre then you need to be on frodo. if by latest ptv you mean the release version then your channels are disappearing based on your channel reset setting in ptv. they only go away if they are being remade.

if you restart xbmc, select to reset channels on next start in ptv, start up ptv, and then see some channels disappear then upload your xbmc.log file for review.

what i think is happening is your channels are running out of episodes to play and being reset. is your system old/slow?

Yes my system is an older pc. I only use it for XBMC. I'm using Eden because I can't get PseudoTV to load on Frodo. I don't have any channels set to reset. I only check the "reset channel list" when I see that the channels are disappearing. I'm just looking for a way to have all my channels repeat the media consistently without having to force reset the list. Is there a simple way of accomplishing this?
(2013-07-26, 16:51)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ] I have a strange problem, I hope someone here will be able to help me with. I bought a Toshiba Canvio 2TB external drive a couple of months ago. I moved all of my TV shows for XBMC and PseudoTV onto it. I had to restart my pc for updates and now the pc is trying to boot from the hard drive. I have to turn off the pc and unplug the drive and then start the pc again. When the welcome screen comes up I can then plug the drive back in. Does anyone have an idea as to stop this from happening?
sounds like your computer thinks its now the boot drive. get into your bios and change the boot drive and that should fix it
(2013-07-26, 16:51)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ] I have a strange problem, I hope someone here will be able to help me with. I bought a Toshiba Canvio 2TB external drive a couple of months ago. I moved all of my TV shows for XBMC and PseudoTV onto it. I had to restart my pc for updates and now the pc is trying to boot from the hard drive. I have to turn off the pc and unplug the drive and then start the pc again. When the welcome screen comes up I can then plug the drive back in. Does anyone have an idea as to stop this from happening?

You need to change a bios setting. When your computer is starting press whatever key it tells you to press to enter setup. Find a setting called something like "boot order" and set your hard drive that you're actually booting from to be first.

(2013-07-26, 16:51)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]Yes my system is an older pc. I only use it for XBMC. I'm using Eden because I can't get PseudoTV to load on Frodo. I don't have any channels set to reset. I only check the "reset channel list" when I see that the channels are disappearing. I'm just looking for a way to have all my channels repeat the media consistently without having to force reset the list. Is there a simple way of accomplishing this?

If you are using eden make sure you are using this version of ptv https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV...master.zip which is the stable eden version. In your ptv settings try messing with the "background updating" setting.
can someone explain the background updating and channel reset settings to me and what they do? thanks
(2013-07-26, 21:27)mikexmayhem Wrote: [ -> ]can someone explain the background updating and channel reset settings to me and what they do? thanks

Force channel reset causes ptv to rebuild all your channels. If you just updated your library and want something you added to get assimilated into your ptv channels immediately then you should check this off. The next time you start ptv it will be unchecked and ptv will rebuild your channels.

The background update setting is whether or not you want ptv to rebuild channels while its running. If you set it to minimal then ptv will start and build all of your channels before playing anything. If you set it to on then ptv will build your first channel, start playing it, and then in the background build your other channels. Once it finishes building all the channels it loops back around and checks if any channels need to be rebuilt based on your setting of "time between channel resets." I'm not sure if it does this when set to minimal as well, because i always have it set to on.
Is there any way to set up pseudo tv so that:

1. When you start it, it always starts at the EPG. When I start it, it seems to pick up were i left it last time - playing a movie - and I have to load the EPG manually.

2. Set it so that when you start a program, it always starts from the beginning of that program, rather than the current time in the program?

3. For TV shows, display only the first episode in each show that is Unwatched?
I am still having a different issue. Scraped, I think, for the library...still get unable to populate. But I do now have Files, Library, and Addons. Also now have a separate TV section. If I try to make a playlist to use channels from, it only shows Home Folder which is on my Mac laptop. Can't get to Fusion or the root.
(2013-08-03, 17:20)MeMeMe Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to set up pseudo tv so that:

1. When you start it, it always starts at the EPG. When I start it, it seems to pick up were i left it last time - playing a movie - and I have to load the EPG manually.

2. Set it so that when you start a program, it always starts from the beginning of that program, rather than the current time in the program?

3. For TV shows, display only the first episode in each show that is Unwatched?

I've found a possible workarounds for #3. Still no idea how to deal with 1 or 2.

For the unwatched problem, someone earlier in the thread suggested this:
Have a smart playlist (type = tvshow) with each tv show
set up a PTV channel based on that playlist, and in the advanced rules:
* "Play TV shows in order"
* "Only play unwatched items"
* "Force Resume Mode"
* "Pause when not watching"

If you want the shows to be shown in random order, set sorttype to random in the playlist, not in PTV.

The PlayTV Shows in order rule seems to add quite a bit of time to generating this channel, so I had to switch background loading from Minimum to On to avoid a loooong delay on starting up PTV. Is there a better way?

And also, my first 2 questions:
* how can I start PTV up with EPG displayed and no video playing?
* How can I start a video always at the beginning, rather than halfway through?
to elaborate on my post a few weeks ago about auto changing the channel bug for cartoon network.

i found a way, i have a 2nd cartoon network channel named "CN_AS" (i like having a separate channel thats cartoon network but its not necessary.)
on my CN_AS channel i have my best effort scheduling set up for 10pm. i keep 2 batch files in the resources/images/ folder, morningScript and nightScript. i schedule them at 6 am and 10 pm respectively with task scheduler in windows 7. here is the code i used for the batch files, they also switch the color logos on psuedotv live.

morningScript.bat
Code:
cd "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\images"
ren "CN_AS.png" "Adult Swim 2.png"
ren "Cartoon Network 2.png" "CN_AS.png"
ren "CN_AS_c.png" "Adult Swim 2_c.png"
ren "cnasc2.png" "CN_AS_c.png"
exit

nightScript.bat
Code:
cd "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\images"
ren "CN_AS.png" "Cartoon Network 2.png"
ren "Adult Swim 2.png" "CN_AS.png"
ren "CN_AS_c.png" "cnasc2.png"
ren "Adult Swim 2_c.png" "CN_AS_c.png"
exit

just thought id share my method in case anyone wants to do the same thing.
I installed PseudoTV on my Win7 XBMC box and it works amazing, i absolutely love it. It has brought life back to my media library that I didn't think existed.

I recently purchased an OUYA to use solely as an XBMC front-end. Impressed with PseudoTV, I went ahead and installed it on my OUYA. My PC is running Frodo 12.2, however on my OUYA I was forced to install an Alpha version of Gotham w/ libstagefright. (refer to quoted wiki text)

PseudoTV functions almost perfectly with the one exception, that when I change channels whatever is playing, starts playing from the beginning.

I have not enabled debug logging in XBMC or PseudoTV. Before doing so, I was curious if there was a workaround or solution to my issue.

If not, would you like me to post some debug logs?
Quote:Main page: HOW-TO:Install XBMC on OUYA
OUYA uses XBMC for Android. We currently recommend this test build, based on Gotham Alpha 1 and libstagefright, for OUYA users. It has hardware video decoding and appears to be mostly stable:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
or use this short URL address:
http://goo.gl/gkdvk
There are newer builds of the libstagefright testing branch, but they might have additional issues because they are based on later alpha versions of XBMC, due to the unstable nature of development builds. Using the Alpha 1-based version will be more stable due to less experimental code being involved, but also might not have all of the latest libstagefright changes and fixes. More information on libstagefright can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
I love this program and it seems to be working just fine except for one problem. It seems to only have a small fraction of my library available. Why is this? What do I need to do to get my whole library added? Also I really need a way to switch between audio tracks and Subtitle tracks. Some shows offer english dubs but have Japanese or German or French as default same with subtitles.

Edit: It seems to only be an issue with TV shows.