Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-28, 23:50)Khaelas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the addon to work at all.

I'm running v12.2, I installed the latest version from github from zipfile, but when I open the addon, it just says 'Script Failed (addon name)'

Any ideas?

From the first post: http://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/...stable-pre
(2013-08-27, 05:29)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I am struggling mightily with channel sharing. I can get it to work on one machine, but when I add channels on one machine they are not showing up on the others. I have tried everything, but can't get it to work. Does anybody have this working successfully? If so, are there any tips or tricks?

Also, the Real Time setting for channel times doesn't seem to work. If I start and stop PTV it always opens up to a totally different episode than the one I just left. It never starts up where it should. Anyone else have this problem?

I sure would love to see Jason come back and tweak a few things.

Anyone have either of these features functioning?
Addon has been working great, but today all of a sudden, When I go to Pseudotv it starts to load the channels and loads background channels like normal but when I go to use the guide or change channels it just exits out, any ideas? It was working this morning, nothing has changed except I changed from Nox to the Ace skin earlier as I was just taking a look at it
does anyone know what file to edit to remove the seek bar? when changing channels
(2013-08-31, 06:23)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-27, 05:29)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]I am struggling mightily with channel sharing. I can get it to work on one machine, but when I add channels on one machine they are not showing up on the others. I have tried everything, but can't get it to work. Does anybody have this working successfully? If so, are there any tips or tricks?

Also, the Real Time setting for channel times doesn't seem to work. If I start and stop PTV it always opens up to a totally different episode than the one I just left. It never starts up where it should. Anyone else have this problem?

Ever since the Frodo update, Channel sharing has not worked as it used to, although some will say it is working fine. I currently use a syncing utility to get the channels sharing to work on multiple machines.

Mark
Care to mention which syncing utility you're using? And does it work with OpenELEC?
(2013-09-02, 18:54)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]Care to mention which syncing utility you're using? And does it work with OpenELEC?

I using Allway Sync. You might have to pay for it if you use it too much, but I am sure there are other freeware sync apps out there. You could try dropbox to sync with. Some use it successfully. I personally had issues with PTV crashing using it.

As far as working with openelec, I do not use it so can't be of much use to you there...sorry.

Mark
Question about the Channel Sharing. Do I set the Sharing Folder to be (say for instance between CPU1 and CPU2) to be on my main CPU1 in a certain directory, then on CPU2 enable the exact same folder from CPU1 as my shared folder in CPU2?

I was reading somewhere before, something about using the script.pseudotv folder in the addons to share folders, and just link to each CPU's script.pseudotv folder to get this to work, well that made no sense to me, and now I cant find that to show you.

Any help would be great, I THINK I had it going but evertime I open pseudotv on CPU2, it says copying channels, then begins to load, then crashes, but upon crash it shows the info for say Channel 4, whats on etc, but then exits on its own
(2013-09-02, 17:01)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-31, 06:23)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]

Ever since the Frodo update, Channel sharing has not worked as it used to, although some will say it is working fine. I currently use a syncing utility to get the channels sharing to work on multiple machines.

Mark

What about Real-Time channel times? Does that work for you? It doesn't for me. I can start a channel, stop and restart it and it will show a different episode every time.
I'm sorry if this has been asked or is very obvious but how do you get to the program guide? I've looked and google this question but I just find guides to use PseudoTV. Thank you!
Ok guys, thanks to you all who helped me, I finally got my EPG to quit deleting channels. Now I'm running into a different problem. I went through all of my playlist channel settings and set order to "random". This mixes the media up a little bit, but I'm getting repeated shows constantly. It's kinda like this:Episode A, Episode G, Episode B, Episode A, Episode F, Episode G, Episode A. I cannot figure out how to truly shuffle my media to where it will always randomize the entire collection.

tl;dr : I'm getting repeat shows often, need to fully shuffle my media. How can I do this?
(2011-01-16, 17:33)Jason102 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the Ok button shows the EPG. Most buttons are disabled, primarily because I won't be able to react to whatever they do. For example, if I allowed the OSD, I wouldn't be able to catch if the user stopped the video.

Speaking of which, pressing Stop is how you exit the script. I didn't want to make it be Previous Menu, because that's how you get out of the EPG, and the user may accidentally press it twice.

As for the TV issue you're seeing, I'm not sure. I'm able to use TV playlists without any issue. If an episode has no duration then that episode will just be ignored. The only issue arrises if no episodes have a duration. If you still have problems, turn on debug logging, run the script, and send mentor log.

Hey Jason102 have you ever thought about making PseudoTV a stand-alone program with built in scrapers and media handling? Just point it to the hdd and setup channels, then off you go...
Just a thought, because it would be awesome to have a less resource hungry program if you have an "older" computer.
(2013-09-06, 13:26)xkudeki Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jason102 have you ever thought about making PseudoTV a stand-alone program with built in scrapers and media handling? Just point it to the hdd and setup channels, then off you go...
Just a thought, because it would be awesome to have a less resource hungry program if you have an "older" computer.

I run this on a pentium 4 machine from 2005ish with 2 gigs of ram and onboard graphics. The only thing about it thats slower than on my i7 machine is channel building.
(2013-09-06, 03:56)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 17:01)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-31, 06:23)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have either of these features functioning?

Mark

What about Real-Time channel times? Does that work for you? It doesn't for me. I can start a channel, stop and restart it and it will show a different episode every time.

It's kind of hard for me to answer that as I don't know how you are set up nor what your channels settings are. However, I can sort of explain my setup for you.
First I have "real time" selected in the settings for all of my channels. The channels that I want to start where I leave off I have "always keep paused" and "Force resume" enabled in channel rules.
As far as my sharing and the syncing, here is what I do. I have set up a central folder that I use as sort of my home base for PTV on my server that is always on. On each of my installs I do not have channel sharing enabled anymore as I could not get it to work right, instead what I do is whenever I start XBMC, I have the PTV files pulled to the local install from my "home base" folder. When I kill XBMC, I have that computer send the PTV files to the "home base" folder. This is the best I could come up with for sharing channels. It works as long as I make sure to kill XBMC before I start XBMC on a different machine.

Hope this helps a little,
Mark
I've looked but I can't find it but how do I get to the program guide? This is the last major thing I need!