Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jason!
thanks for this awsome addon. this is one of the best xbmc addon!

I want to ask if there is a future plan to merge this addon as an xbmc virtual pvr so all the virtual channels will be added to the list of the live tv channels in xbmc.
thank you!
Ok so I somewhat have my music video channel working on Pseudotv. It loads up, I am using the directory option, I have 3 music videos in this directory as a start to test, but only 1 of the 3 play, its continuous over and over and over. All 3 videos are .mp4, is there something im missing as to why the other two videos do not play?

Also in the guide it just shows the music video name over and over, its messy but thats not too big of a deal, but if there is a better way id like to hear it.
(2013-09-08, 09:08)SOME1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jason!

I want to ask if there is a future plan to merge this addon as an xbmc virtual pvr so all the virtual channels will be added to the list of the live tv channels in xbmc.
thank you!

There is already an addon that does this. It's a fork of the PTV development branch created by Lunatixz. Anyways, here it is:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1462508

(2013-09-07, 13:26)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-07, 07:23)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-07, 00:57)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]It's kind of hard for me to answer that as I don't know how you are set up nor what your channels settings are. However, I can sort of explain my setup for you.
First I have "real time" selected in the settings for all of my channels. The channels that I want to start where I leave off I have "always keep paused" and "Force resume" enabled in channel rules.

You just made me realize my problem. I had "Force Random Mode" enabled for each channel thinking it was randomizing the episodes. Your post got me thinking that it actually means to randomize episodes on start up. Sure enough, when I disable it, the same episode is playing when I exit and restart. Thanks.

Quote:As far as my sharing and the syncing, here is what I do. I have set up a central folder that I use as sort of my home base for PTV on my server that is always on. On each of my installs I do not have channel sharing enabled anymore as I could not get it to work right, instead what I do is whenever I start XBMC, I have the PTV files pulled to the local install from my "home base" folder. When I kill XBMC, I have that computer send the PTV files to the "home base" folder. This is the best I could come up with for sharing channels. It works as long as I make sure to kill XBMC before I start XBMC on a different machine.

Hope this helps a little,
Mark

I'm a little confused I thought you used Allway Sync. Isn't that real-time syncing? Why do you pull and send files from the "home base" folder? How do you initiate the file transfer upon opening and closing XBMC? What happens if you don't kill the one XBMC and you then try to run PTV on another machine?

I do use Allway Sync. You could use it to sync whenever a change is made to the PTV files. I have found though that if I am just watching one particular channel all of the time, which is my general use, then no changes are made to the PTV files, hence no file transfer occurs.
The way that I initiate the transfer is to use Event Ghost to watch for XBMC Open/kill events which starts Allway Sync and moves my files.
What happens if I do not move my files is that the "Real Time" place that my channel is stopped is not used when I start another XBMC instance. Instead, the "Real Time" place of the initial XBMC opening is used and I wind up seeing the same episodes over again, unless I fast forward through the episodes I have already watched.

Glad to have helped you a liitle,
Mark

FYI. I'm not sure what did it, but channel sharing is working flawlessly for me all of the sudden. I've been testing the hell out of it and it's worked fine each and every time. I had read others saying it works for them and now it indeed works for me too.
(2013-09-09, 06:01)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you!

There is already an addon that does this. It's a fork of the PTV development branch created by Lunatixz. Anyways, here it is:

(2013-09-07, 13:26)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-07, 07:23)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]You just made me realize my problem. I had "Force Random Mode" enabled for each channel thinking it was randomizing the episodes. Your post got me thinking that it actually means to randomize episodes on start up. Sure enough, when I disable it, the same episode is playing when I exit and restart. Thanks.

I'm a little confused I thought you used Allway Sync. Isn't that real-time syncing? Why do you pull and send files from the "home base" folder? How do you initiate the file transfer upon opening and closing XBMC? What happens if you don't kill the one XBMC and you then try to run PTV on another machine?

I do use Allway Sync. You could use it to sync whenever a change is made to the PTV files. I have found though that if I am just watching one particular channel all of the time, which is my general use, then no changes are made to the PTV files, hence no file transfer occurs.
The way that I initiate the transfer is to use Event Ghost to watch for XBMC Open/kill events which starts Allway Sync and moves my files.
What happens if I do not move my files is that the "Real Time" place that my channel is stopped is not used when I start another XBMC instance. Instead, the "Real Time" place of the initial XBMC opening is used and I wind up seeing the same episodes over again, unless I fast forward through the episodes I have already watched.

Mark

FYI. I'm not sure what did it, but channel sharing is working flawlessly for me all of the sudden. I've been testing the hell out of it and it's worked fine each and every time. I had read others saying it works for them and now it indeed works for me too.

Have you tried using sharing from scratch? In other words, create a shared folder, point an install of PTV to it and let it create channels. I have and only some of the created channels are actually transferred to the shared folder.

How are you doing the sharing?

Mark
I dont want to jinx it or anything, but somehow I magically got both my music video channels to work, & channel sharing.

Not sure how I did it but it magically started working.

I found for my music videoos though, some I had taken from youtube with a youtube ripper would not play BUT when I got some videos from youtube a different way, and imported those videos into the folder, then using the directory option they worked. Not sure why the others wont,but for now its all working
(2013-09-08, 01:57)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-07, 22:28)Sandurz Wrote: [ -> ]http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56070

There's the latest log. Hopefully I did the right thing.

EDIT: After browsing it briefly it looks like my trakt scrobbler might be the problem. Didn't even think of that. That look about right? I did hit X and the audio stopped right before I force quit it though so maybe that's why it scrobbled.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157924
(Frodo)PseudoTV doesn't like Trakt,tv

Yeah that solved all the problems. Thanks for a point in the right direction!
(2013-09-09, 12:03)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-09, 06:01)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you!

(2013-09-07, 13:26)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]I do use Allway Sync. You could use it to sync whenever a change is made to the PTV files. I have found though that if I am just watching one particular channel all of the time, which is my general use, then no changes are made to the PTV files, hence no file transfer occurs.

Mark

Have you tried using sharing from scratch? In other words, create a shared folder, point an install of PTV to it and let it create channels. I have and only some of the created channels are actually transferred to the shared folder.

How are you doing the sharing?

Mark

I had the same problem. I started a couple weeks ago with a fresh directory on my NAS, enabled channel sharing all my PTV installs and pointed them all to that directory. What I noticed was, like you, not all the channels were copied to the shared folder. I'm now realizing that doesn't mean it's not working. When I create a couple channels and let them build they don't show up in the shared folder, but if I go to the other boxes and start PTV you can see those same channels build as if for the first time. Still they don't show on the shared folder, but channel sharing works. I have noticed that some time later (not sure when or why) the channels do appear in the shared folder. I don't understand the way it works, but it is working.

The only other thing I can think of is, are you using a recent build of PTV? I know Jason updated the build a couple months ago to improve/fix channel sharing. If you haven't updated in that period of time, I would grab the latest stable-pre and see if that works for you.
Anyone know how to get keyboard bindings for Motorola NYXboard Hybrid working while in PseudoTV? In keyboard.xml I have
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid">
    <f3 mod="shift">RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</f3>       <!-- Red -->
    <f4 mod="shift">NextSubtitle</f4>                     <!-- Green -->
    <f5 mod="shift">SubtitleDelay</f5>                 <!-- Yellow -->
    <f6 mod="shift">AudioDelay</f6>                       <!-- Blue -->
</FullscreenVideo>

which works for videos but not PseudoTV. I tried putting the F3-F6 into the <Scripts> section but still nothing.

I noticed that when I had no custom keyboard.xml file, the F3-F6 buttons loaded up various XBMC menus, after adding it they no longer do anything so it has to be one of the XML sections in here, just not sure which one. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is my full keyboard.xml file.
(2013-09-16, 05:48)Flynsarmy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how to get keyboard bindings for Motorola NYXboard Hybrid working while in PseudoTV? In keyboard.xml I have
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid">
    <f3 mod="shift">RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</f3>       <!-- Red -->
    <f4 mod="shift">NextSubtitle</f4>                     <!-- Green -->
    <f5 mod="shift">SubtitleDelay</f5>                 <!-- Yellow -->
    <f6 mod="shift">AudioDelay</f6>                       <!-- Blue -->
</FullscreenVideo>

which works for videos but not PseudoTV. I tried putting the F3-F6 into the <Scripts> section but still nothing.

I noticed that when I had no custom keyboard.xml file, the F3-F6 buttons loaded up various XBMC menus, after adding it they no longer do anything so it has to be one of the XML sections in here, just not sure which one. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is my full keyboard.xml file.

take a look at globals.py, at the bottom it looks like its specifying buttons and actions
(2013-09-16, 06:41)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]take a look at globals.py, at the bottom it looks like its specifying buttons and actions

Hmm.

1. If globals.py is where you control button behaviors, would why adding a custom keyboard.xml change what the buttons on my controller do in PseudoTV (without a keyboard.xml they opened video/music etc menus, with it they do nothing)?
  2. Doesn't look like globals.py supports Next Subtitle or Next Language which is a big problem when you watch alot of anime Sad
(2013-09-16, 06:51)Flynsarmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-16, 06:41)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]take a look at globals.py, at the bottom it looks like its specifying buttons and actions

Hmm.

If globals.py is where you control button behaviors, would why adding a custom keyboard.xml change what the buttons on my controller do in PseudoTV (without a keyboard.xml they opened video/music etc menus, with it they do nothing)?
No clue, try messing with it, you can always change it back.
Flynsarmy Wrote:Doesn't look like globals.py supports Next Subtitle or Next Language which is a big problem when you watch alot of anime Sad
Youre probably out of luck on that then, youll just have to change it from the audio menu.
(2013-09-16, 07:13)spanktastic2120 Wrote: [ -> ]Youre probably out of luck on that then, youll just have to change it from the audio menu.

Not holding my breath but I made an issue for it.
(2013-07-22, 05:10)Aenima99x Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jason - Any ideas on what's stopping this from working in the Gotham Alphas? I can help with any troubleshooting/testing if you have time and/or interest to get it working in Gotham. Big Grin Thanks.

When I first upgraded to Gotham, PTV worked fine. Then over the next few days, I noticed there were less channels than before, then less again, and then finally none. Whatever it is, it happened slowly for me. Maybe as it was "background" loading the new channels? Like, it worked at first because the old lineup was still in there and as it built new lineups over time, it slowly broke? Maybe that symptom will help with the fix? Must have something to do with the new library? What a drag though because I used PTV every night. Sad
Hi, first time (attempted) user of pseudotv here. It looks like the addon installed successfully, but when I try to launch it nothing happens.

I'm guessing maybe this is because I use a shared library hosted via mysql and pseudoTV is not compatible with this?

Or if it should work -- how can I best troubleshoot from here?
It works just fine with a shared mysql library (I have one), but if you are using Gotham, you may need to wait a bit, or go back to Frodo.