Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
zepfan Wrote:Sorry! Fixed it, but here's the link so you don't have to go back.
Download

Yo zepfan, thanx for making this plugin cirrus extended compatible. Will be integrated in the next update.

Great work Smile

Edit: I've seen the files are going in the plugin folder. Will cirrus extended be integrated like the other skins?
butchabay Wrote:Yo zepfan, thanx for making this plugin cirrus extended compatible. Will be integrated in the next update.

Great work Smile

Edit: I've seen the files are going in the plugin folder. Will cirrus extended be integrated like the other skins?

Its up to Jason, i think he said the more popular ones he will.
zepfan Wrote:Its up to Jason, i think he said the more popular ones he will.

Ok, thanx.

Addon Fanart:

Download
I'm noticing an odd behavior in Cirrus Extended. When changing channels, the default (skin) display of the video item is superimposed over the info display.

Any ideas?
Version 1.0.0 is now a part of the official repo!
GJones Wrote:I'm noticing an odd behavior in Cirrus Extended. When changing channels, the default (skin) display of the video item is superimposed over the info display.

Any ideas?

No idea, I'll look at it tonight, that one had some odd behavior for me

EDIT: Should be fixed try the new link at the bottom of my sig.
Jason102 Wrote:Version 1.0.0 is now a part of the official repo!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!!

EDIT:
Jason I've got a couple questions, and they are things I've been trying to do, but can't so if you could provide some insight I'd appreciate it. I'm not even sure you can do this stuff.

1: Is there any way to add a poster to the info, like in most skins when you pause it shows a the tv/movie poster. Is there a line I could add to skins to pull that information?
2: Is there any way to hide the info that comes from the skin? The things I want to hide are the clearart, loading, etc... that come when changing channels. That way I could make it more TV like as I've added a changing channel screen to my skins.(not uploaded yet!)

I don't even think these are possible, but they are things I've been wanting to tinker with! Thanks so much and thanks for all your work on this plugin!
1. Nothing in the skin currently will allow you to do this. I have some ideas on how to give the skin additional info, such as the poster, season, episode number, etc. This will probably be a future addition.

2. Technically it can be done, yes. I messed with it a bit in the past and got it basically to work. At the time, the system wasn't stable enough and I wanted the user to be able to see those pieces of information to help tell if something went wrong. I'm still not positive that I like the idea, but I'll consider it again.
Jason102 Wrote:1. Nothing in the skin currently will allow you to do this. I have some ideas on how to give the skin additional info, such as the poster, season, episode number, etc. This will probably be a future addition.

2. Technically it can be done, yes. I messed with it a bit in the past and got it basically to work. At the time, the system wasn't stable enough and I wanted the user to be able to see those pieces of information to help tell if something went wrong. I'm still not positive that I like the idea, but I'll consider it again.

Great, I am really looking forward to future versions! This script is pretty much all I run on my tv now!
Any way to force update of just one channel? Or to have the update frequency < 1 day? Also any way to update channel without going into addon settings?

Great work this thing is really useful
Heh, i don't have much in the way of good news for you, Abe. The only way to force an update on a single channel is to delete the caches m3u file (XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/cache) for the desired channel. The next start will recreate it. The answer to the other 2 questions is "not yet".
Jason is there any way for a future addon to have the channels update at a certain time (without having to run the script). Kinda like a cron. Would be great to say have them update when i'm sleeping ready for a new day of viewing (xbmc is always on).

Also another good addition to the addon settings would be a way of setting keys for functions (so we can change the default ones to ones we prefer). Like i would like to use the back button instead of escape to return from the EPG for instance. Its just the way my XBMC is setup, causes a little confusion with the missus on PseudoTV as escape is assigned to the 0 key of the remote LOL
Guys, sorry to sound like a complete noob but I really cant get this to work :-(

I have ubuntu 10 and xbmc 10.0 r35648
Pseudo 0.2.0

I go to the video library
select playlists
New smart playlist
Type - TV Shows
Name - TVShows_1
Genre (is) Comedy
limit to 250 items
Order by Play count

Then it asks me for a new filename so I leave it as TVshows_1

If I try it as a playlist it works fine giving lots of comedy shows

but when go programs - PseudoTV I get the error message

Unable to find any channels. Create smart playlists with file names Channel_1, Chanbel_2, etc

Please can you help me get this wonderful add on working :-)
Zootoxin Wrote:Guys, sorry to sound like a complete noob but I really cant get this to work :-(

Then it asks me for a new filename so I leave it as TVshows_1

but when go programs - PseudoTV I get the error message

Unable to find any channels. Create smart playlists with file names Channel_1, Channel_2, etc

Your playlist filename must be Channel_1

You used TVshows_1

Recreate it with a proper filename or rename it in /playlists/video
LOL I am a fool

But.....

How do I change the channel names like on the first post?

And is there a way to make the channel listing come up first without going straight into the movie?