Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The name can be playlist name can be different from the file name. If you edit a playlist, and change the name from the edit menu, that will be the name of the channel. The file found in /.xbmc/userdata/playlists/video must be named Channel_1.xsp, Channel_2.xsp, etc...
Jason, did you make changes to the way the script skins in version 1.0? A lot of my skins aren't showing correctly.
For example this should be Aeon MQ2, but it pulls in info from the default skin.

This is what it should look like

I haven't changed anything since I made it, so I'm just wondering.
Yes, a slight change to conform to a request by the repo masters. The filenames of the skin XML files are now script.pseudotv.whatever instead of script.PseudoTV.whatever.
Jason102 Wrote:Yes, a slight change to conform to a request by the repo masters. The filenames of the skin XML files are now script.pseudotv.whatever instead of script.PseudoTV.whatever.

Ok I'll change them all! Thanks!
EDIT: All my skins have been updated!
Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever find a solution to serial shows (shows that have to be watched in order)?

If not, I may have thought of a solution that, while I don't know if it can be programmed into pseudotv itself, could serve as a work around.

If you make an individual playlist of each serial show with the following attributes:

Return only 1 episode
Sorted descending order by episode number
limited by playcount of 0

Would that not, then, spit out only the next unwatched episode for the given show?

Perhaps pseudotv could index your tv shows library and generate individual show playlists?

No clue if this is possible, but either way it should work as a workaround
Great plugin.

Don't know if it has been suggested yet but can we get a Recently added, HD TV & HD movie channels.
Other then that great work on an awesome plugin.
Drir Wrote:Great plugin.

Don't know if it has been suggested yet but can we get a Recently added, HD TV & HD movie channels.
Other then that great work on an awesome plugin.

You can make whatever channels you want using smart playlists. Do a google or a forum search and you'll learn alllll about it.
I have been modding the default skin to match the appearance of a new skin I am working on, and was wondering if there was any way to change the color and size of the actual channels in the epg section.
this is the look the skin is based on
bridgman Wrote:I have been modding the default skin to match the appearance of a new skin I am working on, and was wondering if there was any way to change the color and size of the actual channels in the epg section.
this is the look the skin is based on
I've done a bunch of skins here, and I'd do it for you if you'd like. I'll have it done by tomorrow afternoon.
Go for it if you want.The skin and the pseudo skin can be downloaded here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95549

It is a skin inspired by our local cable epg software.(Time Warners mystro) In hopes to make navigation more familiar for the family who is usually lost in xbmc. I would add the psd files but they are a mess right now.
Hello Jason,

i have a suggestion wich could make the life of people (like me) new to this great addon much easier.
I had the problem that the EPG was showing wrong information, after reading through about 50 Pages in this thread i found out that all i had to do was going in my music playlist and deactivate shuffle. After that everthing worked fine.
Could you edit your first post and add somthing like this:

For People having trouble with the EPG showing incorrect information:
Go to your playlists and deactivate shuffle

Maybe someday your addon gets integrated into xbmc by default, it would certanly deserve it and make xbmc even better as it already is.
@knuffi: Glad you like it! What version are you using? I thought I had fixed that exact issue in version 1.0.0, but perhaps I didn't fix it completely.
Jason102 Wrote:@knuffi: Glad you like it! What version are you using? I thought I had fixed that exact issue in version 1.0.0, but perhaps I didn't fix it completely.

Im using version 1.0 with 10.0 Dharma on Windows 7, Skin Aeon65
All files are saved locally and have been scrapped with ember for movies and Media Comparison for tvshows.
Hi,

thx so much for this amazing plugin ..

Please make option random channel start

thx
knuffi Wrote:Im using version 1.0 with 10.0 Dharma on Windows 7, Skin Aeon65
All files are saved locally and have been scrapped with ember for movies and Media Comparison for tvshows.

Who made the Aeon65 skin? If it's one of mine, I can't say it'll work 100% as fonts change between mods/skins. I'll add aeon 65 to my list.