Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Steveb Wrote:mmm goodies Big Grin

Another slow weekend, and another skin. Rolleyes

This time its another jezz_x skin "SLik" ...

Enjoy SLik Users Cool Download in Sig.

Eh, there is already a skin for Slik available. No
rudawgr Wrote:pleasee some one can post a guide on how to set up pseudotv on apple tv 2g and how to add channels i been reading this furn for the past two days and there is no guide on how to set up the odd-on

You can setup the channel configuration by going to settings-> add-ons -> programs -> Pseudo and editing the config.
Sranshaft Wrote:Eh, there is already a skin for Slik available. No
Don't see one in the repo (master or stable-pre)Huh
Fired up the latest SLik for the first time and it had the default WMC blue skin, so not intergrated. Huh
Unless I missed something in the SLik dev thread ? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84756
Can't see any PseudoTV skin in there. Huh

Can you point me to the SLik skin your referring too.?
Steveb Wrote:Can you point me to the SLik skin your referring too.?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/PseudoTV...n.slik.zip

I made this back in February. Why it's not in the repo, who knows. Probably fell though the cracks.
The link is broken for me, but never seen it before in the repo or this thread!
Didn't mean to step on any toes Wink

The link seems ok now. Glad I didn't get around to coding the channel config Laugh
Also had a troll through this thread and found your SLik post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=728...tcount=488 obviously got lost in the post Wink
Steveb Wrote:Didn't mean to step on any toes Wink

No worries. Just didn't want you to go through the trouble when one was already available.
Huh, I'm not sure how it got lost either. I sent out the release request for 1.2.1 yesterday, so the skin should be in 1.3.0 whenever that's released.
Are there any skins that haven't been done? We should make a list so that this doesn't happen again.
Ok! Version 1.2.1 is officially released. Mostly bug fixes, with a couple small features.

So now on to the next feature release version, 1.3.0. I've started with an update to stable-pretty with the first new one: next show notifications. This displays a small notification when a show has only a minute and a half left telling you what's coming up next. Hope you like it!

I have some other things planned, so this version may take a while to be released. I expect it will be worth the wait, though.
Can someone help me with this problem, every time I launch PseudoTV, it gives me "No valid channel data found" error. How do I add channels? I'm using ATV2 and PseudoTV 1.2.1. Thanks in advance!!!!
Jason102 Wrote:I've started with an update to stable-pretty with the first new one: next show notifications. This displays a small notification when a show has only a minute and a half left telling you what's coming up next. Hope you like it!

Sounds excellent mate! Quick question: anything need to be done with the existing skins for this feature or is it using the normal info window?
Actually I'm using a notification window built into XBMC to start with...much easier for me. I haven't tested it on multiple skins, though, so if there are problems then I may need to change to a small window. For now, no changes to be made.
Ah okay. Might be nice to make things a little more graphical, ala the information screen down the road.
I'm not so sure. The information screen is great to look at that detailed information, but it takes up a reasonable portion of the screen. I would think the goal of the next show notification would be a simple glance at what's on next...it's not up long enough to get any real info besides the title from it. Otherwise I could just pop up the info screen again and have it show the next show. I would certainly think that the notification window should include the show icon, which it doesn't do right now.

What do you think? Would you want it to have more information? And if so, what else would you like to see?
Jason102 Wrote:I'm not so sure. The information screen is great to look at that detailed information, but it takes up a reasonable portion of the screen. I would think the goal of the next show notification would be a simple glance at what's on next...it's not up long enough to get any real info besides the title from it. Otherwise I could just pop up the info screen again and have it show the next show. I would certainly think that the notification window should include the show icon, which it doesn't do right now.

What do you think? Would you want it to have more information? And if so, what else would you like to see?
Don't mean to jump in on your conversation, but I'd like to have the episode name, if at all possible. If I'm watching a "Simpsons" channel, knowing that "The Simpsons" is coming up next is nice, but I'd also like to know which one. hehe