Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Stuttering on FW/RW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am having an issue with XBMC on both Live and Openelex, where when I use fast forward or rewind I get a lot of stuttering (frame loss?) when resuming to normal speed.

I can play 1080 files and skips work perfectly. But using FW/RW is not smooth. The RAM/CPU usage does not spike when resuming and the sound is perfect - just the video is messed up.

Here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/0Uv2qAC1

I am using the Shuttle xs35gt with VDPAU enabled. I have 2gb of Ram and a 32gb SSD hard drive.

I appreciate your help. Or comments from other users who have the same issues (or not?).

Thanks
Bump I would really appreciate a reply from a developer if possible.

If there is more information I need to give then please let me know.

Thank you very much.
carvegio Wrote:Hi,

I am having an issue with XBMC on both Live and Openelex, where when I use fast forward or rewind I get a lot of stuttering (frame loss?) when resuming to normal speed.

How long does the stuttering last? If its just a sec or two, that is a normal current limitation of XBMC.
It only lasts for between 1-4 seconds usually.

But it is quite annoying. I don't think it is a limitation of XBMC in general as this does not happen in Windows 7.

What is the cause of this limitation in Linux? Is it being worked on or will it be ironed out as part of another update?

Thanks