Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SABnzbd+ - Some downloads marked as "FAILED" when they are really OK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For example:

I used Sick Beard to initiate the download of the whole "Band of Brothers" collection. All episodes downloaded fine, but one was marked as failed.

When i look in the history page of "SABnzbd+", this is what i see:

Name Links Size Status
- Band of Brothers E05 Crossroads iNTERNAL 720p BluRay x264 MHQ 3.89 GB Failed

Completed at 12:24:58 on Monday 17 January 2011
Download:
Downloaded in 10 minutes 40 seconds at an average of 6.23 MB/s
Repair:
[Band.of.Brothers.E05.Crossroads.iNTERNAL.720p.BluRay.x264-MHQ] Quick Check OK
Unpack:
No post-processing because of failed verification
Category:
tv
Path:
/media/video/downloads/TV/_FAILED_Band of Brothers E05 Crossroads iNTERNAL 720p BluRay x264 MHQ

Can anyone shed some light on why this might have failed, even though the files seem to be ok?
This is a broken download, the files are corrupt or missing and there may not be enough par files to repair it. Have you tried to extract it out? If it has, it's just a verification failure, could be a missing SFV, NFO or NZB file from the original set. You could always check it manually using QuickPar, but I'm sure its the same program SabNZBd automatically uses anyway.

It's more a newsgroup provider problem and would usually be retention. Not really related to XBMC.
Well, they "seem" to be okay but they also seem to have failed verification. By the naked eye they may be alright, but SABnzbd thinks there is a problem. I am not sure how the verification works in SABnzbd or when par2 files come into play. That is beyond my knowledge and comprehension Huh
DejaVu77, thanks for the explanation. I am slowing starting to get it now.

Still trying to wrap my head around the purpose of par files and post-processing scripts, etc.

Currently, i have XMBC, sabnzdb, sick beard and couch potato running. The only post processing script i have enabled in sabnzdb is the "sabToSickBeard.py" for TV content.

I have yet to get Couch Potato to properly update my xbmc library....not sure if i need to configure a similar script in sabnzdb or not?

Also, if i have a big library of movies, video, etc. is there a plugin or script for xbmc that i can use to go through all the directories and unpack, sort, rename and just put my library in order?
I've noticed that lately, specifically with movies, SAB will attempt to extract the first pars it comes across. For some reason, the scene people releasing the movies include par files for the sample (which I have SAB setup to delete), so SAB thinks none of the files are there. Aggravating, but easy to fix with QuickPar manually.

Also, sometimes SAB will finish extracting a TV show and just put in a FAILED folder and not send it over to SB. The file is usually fine, I just use the manual post processing feature in SB and point it to the FAILED dir and the file gets processed fine.

To answer some of your questions:
Quote:till trying to wrap my head around the purpose of par files and post-processing scripts, etc.

PAR files are short for Parity files. Parity files are repair files that can repair or recreate RAR files from the set. Back in the day (and still today, just less so) it was pretty common to be able to download a bunch of RARs out of a set and find that you're missing a few or that some are missing parts. Before PAR files, you'd have to wait for a repost and redownload, now you can just run QuickPAR and repair/recreate the set.

Post Processing scripts can be anything. They are used so that you can have a lot of control over what happens to the files you're downloading. There are scripts that will automatically tag music with correct ID3 tags, for instance. The post processing scripts for CP/SB just tell each program "hey there's new stuff you need to do your thing" (I know it's more complicated than that, but you get the idea).

Quote:I have yet to get Couch Potato to properly update my xbmc library....not sure if i need to configure a similar script in sabnzdb or not?

I haven't set it up yet either, but yes I believe you do.

Quote:Also, if i have a big library of movies, video, etc. is there a plugin or script for xbmc that i can use to go through all the directories and unpack, sort, rename and just put my library in order?

I'm not sure about the extracting, but I believe quite a few of the media managers kicking around in the supplemental section of these forums provide this sort of functionality.
Ruski Wrote:Also, if i have a big library of movies, video, etc. is there a plugin or script for xbmc that i can use to go through all the directories and unpack, sort, rename and just put my library in order?

Couchpotato's renaming function does this.
Sickbeard's Manual Post Processing does this.
XBMC scrapers does this.

Seperate TV from Movies. Point SB at TV and CP at Movies.
Once done, Clean library, then Update Library.

I'm not sure if they extract (probably do!), but they certainly sort, rename and organise your library.

CP = look at the renaming tab in settings.

SB = Manual Post Processing is on the front page of SB. Smile

All you need now is Trakt.tv, Sharethe.TV and TV Logo's added to your skin and your's would be identical to mine!
ECEC Wrote:Post Processing scripts can be anything. They are used so that you can have a lot of control over what happens to the files you're downloading. There are scripts that will automatically tag music with correct ID3 tags, for instance.

how does that work? will it tag due to the filename or does it scrape a website?
marv_el Wrote:how does that work? will it tag due to the filename or does it scrape a website?

Looks like it uses Amazon. Thread over on SAB forums. I've never used it, just stumbled across it the other day while searching for other stuff.
all good info folks! Thank you. Deja, ill look into those addons in the next few days.

On the Couch Potato front, here is the latest....while at work yesterday, i added 10+ bluray 1080p movies to the wanted list in CP and left. When i came home, i found all 10 downloaded but were all marked as FAILED.

I went to the failed folder and successfully unrared 2 movies, moved them to my "movies" folder and added them to my library manually in XBMC. It downloaded all the cover art, etc and i was able to play the movies in xbmc without a hitch.

I do see some warnings in SABnzbd+ that look like this:
2011-01-18 07:49:00,585 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398590, partnum=220, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding
2011-01-18 07:49:07,284 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398544, partnum=70, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding
2011-01-18 07:49:12,489 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398590, partnum=220, art_id=None> missing
2011-01-18 07:49:18,415 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398653, partnum=8, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding
2011-01-18 07:49:21,623 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398544, partnum=70, art_id=None> missing
2011-01-18 07:49:35,537 WARNING: <Article: [email protected], bytes=398653, partnum=8, art_id=None> missing

--------

Starting to get the feeling that maybe i just have my folders configured funny in one of the applications.

Here are my settings:

My actual library resides in:
/media/video/Movies
/media/video/TV

SABnzbd+:
General Tab
Temporary Downloads Folder: /media/video/downloads/.incomplete
Completed Downloads Folder: /media/video/downloads

Categories Tab
movies Category: /media/video/downloads/Movies (uses absolute path and doesn't point to any script, as i dont see one for CP in the drop down).
TV category: TV (this uses relative path and also points to the "sabToSickBeard.py" script)

Now the TV shows via Sick Beard seem to download fine 90+% of the time. They are automatically added to my XBMC library and play fine.

As for movies, they all end up in:
For example: /media/video/downloads/_FAILED_Layer Cake 2004 1080p BluRay DL AC3 x264

Very confused....

How does SABnzdb+ know that i am downloading a movie vs. a tv show? How does it know what category folder to throw the completed download into? Is this something CP and SB are passing on with the NZB request?
You're gonna see those types of errors all the time so disregard them.

You've configured Sickbeard to pass the category in Config > Episode Downloads. If you followed the installation guide, you also copied the Sickbeard scripts folder over to a dir that SAB can access and pointed to that dir in the SAB config as the scripts folder. If CP has a script, it'll need to be copied to that folder as well to appear in the drop down.

You set default download destinations for SAB in Config > Categories. TV Shows should be pointing to a temp dir for Sickbeard to process from, and I'm guessing CP needs the same.

For example, all of my TV shows go to \\server\videos\incoming\sickbeardtemp. Once Sickbeard processes them, they are moved to \\server\videos\tv shows\path\to\show and named all nice and neat.

See my post above as to why the movies might be failing to via SAB but extract fine manually.
DejaVu77, Tested the SickBeard manual processing and it worked quite well!

Still need to play around with CouchPotato though! My library is 500+ movies and old as hell so it only seems to have recognized some movies!

Thanks ECEC, will read that thread. Also need to determine if i missed any script config files for CP! I extracted a few more 1080p movies and all were ok, so its definitely a mistake on my part somewhere in the config process! I have downloaded 233GB in the last two days lol, all marked as "FAILED"! Thats going to be a lot of manual processing if i dont figure it out hehe