Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem MCE remote Unbranded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Sorry for my English
I am new to XBMC, I come from other frontend (Meedios) and I must say that I found very well with the move to xbmc!

Xbmc is great.

Within minutes I was able to configure everything.
I only have a small problem with the remote.

I bought a MCE remote Unbranded
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...MCE_remote

It works very well it's just that I should configure the buttons that are missing.

C Context Menu
I Media Info
S Activate Shutdown Menu

I have many unused keys in the remote and I would use those for these three missing.

How can I catch three buttons not used in LIVE and see what they do and then change it?
Tell us which buttons you want to execute which actions (e.g. Green = C, Orange = I, or whatever) and I can post a keyboard.xml to do this.

JR
Thank you!!!!

Context Menu green button
Media Info orange
Activate Shutdown Menu yellow
I'm trying to change the keyboard.xml alone, but I have some doubts.
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<p> Play </ p>
<q> Queue </ q>
<f> FastForward </ f>
<r> Rewind </ r>

<keyboard>
<global>
<keymap>

What should I put between <> and </> to indicate the yellow button, the green button, red button, etc?
Ok, assuming that your remote is the same as the one reviewed on the Wiki, those keys send:

green - ctrl-alt-F1
orange - ctrl-alt-F2
yellow - ctrl-alt-F4

Don't modify the existing keyboard.xml. Instead you need to create a new keyboard.xml in your profile. In Windows the new keyboard.xml needs to go in %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps while in Linux and OSX it's in $home/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps. The contents of the new keyboard.xml should be:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1 mod="ctrl,alt">contextmenu</f1>
      <f2 mod="ctrl,alt">info</f2>
      <f4 mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</f4>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

If you find the new keyboard.xml doesn't do anything, enable debug logging, restart XBMC and press each of the three keys on the remote in turn. Then post the resulting xbmc.log on pastebion.com for us to have a look at. The log file will check that the new keyboard.xml is read correctly and it will show exactly what keypresses your remote is sending.

JR
Ok!

I create new keyboard.xml in $home/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps.

In the new keyboard.xml I only put this??

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Another question:

info, contextmenu,ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu) are case sensitive?
giskard78 Wrote:In the new keyboard.xml I only put this??

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Yes.

giskard78 Wrote:info, contextmenu,ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu) are case sensitive?

No.

JR
Hi

This does not work on my remote, if i press one the color buttons it just exit XBMC and go into the terminal to tty1-to tty4

where is this command stored to go into the root?

it does not matter what i change, remote.xml or keyboard.xml

i also make new keyboard in my profile.
The coloured buttons sent ctrl-alt-F1 to F4. I have a vague recollection that ctrl-alt-F2 switches to the console in Linux, and this sounds like what you're seeing. The remote isn't configurable, but it may be possible to change the Linux hotkeys for switching to the console.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The coloured buttons sent ctrl-alt-F1 to F4. I have a vague recollection that ctrl-alt-F2 switches to the console in Linux, and this sounds like what you're seeing. The remote isn't configurable, but it may be possible to change the Linux hotkeys for switching to the console.

JR

Okey how do i do that?, i really want to shut down the console with these keys.
mcbain Wrote:Okey how do i do that?, i really want to shut down the console with these keys.

Don't know. I would Google for it or ask in ubuntuforums.org.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Don't know. I would Google for it or ask in ubuntuforums.org.

JR

Okey thank you Smile