Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music library lost when loosing smb connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've setup on xbmc a shared music folder available throw a samba server (centOS server) and a wifi connection. Sometimes xbmc loose the samba connection, I've already change some settings in the samba server (socket options), better, but sometimes the connection is still lost.

I've also setup automatic update of the music library at start up. Don't know if this is only at start up, but when xbmc start having lost the smb connection, my music library is empty, switching to the "folder view" it become unavailable and the shared folder need to be scanned again, doing that, some settings I've done are simply lost (for example having change manually some thumbnails).

Don't understand why the connection is lost, but whatever I can change, this may happen, so I'm searching for a solution to be able to keep my settings.

- Mounting shared directly with the system?
- And/Or making library changes directly on my media folder (using files and file name patterns to be able to be handled directly by xbmc)

And sure improving again and again my music library tags, but this is another subject :-)

(I've already export my library with xbmc choosing "separate files", but it seems this is not sufficient)
Disable automatic update of the library?

JR
Yes, this was the solution I've choosen, it seems smb connection failure occured more often at start, so unsetting automatic update will prevent the problem.

I've also make a cleanup of my music library (server side) adding, when missing, folder.jpg images, exporting xbmc as separate files, updating tags ... and finally, even if I loose everything, I'm able to rebuilt it from scratch to get a good result.

Thanks.