Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I create daily Smart Playlists?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have over 125 TV Shows, and 8000+ episodes and it gets to be very annoying trying to decide what to watch.

It would be nice to setup a smart playlist for each channel for day of the week, similar to a TV schedule.

I saw the PseudoTV Script was released ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t+playlist ) and that will fit into what I want to do even better than I was thinking before.

I just don't know if it's possible to have a playlist setup like this

Monday
CBS: Most Recent Show A | Most Recent Show B | Most Recent Show C
ABC: Most Recent Show A | Most Recent Show B | Most Recent Show C
NBC: Most Recent Show A | Most Recent Show B | Most Recent Show C
FOX: Most Recent Show A | Most Recent Show B | Most Recent Show C

Tuesday
CBS: Most Recent Show D | Most Recent Show E | Most Recent Show F
ABC: Most Recent Show D | Most Recent Show E | Most Recent Show F
NBC: Most Recent Show D | Most Recent Show E | Most Recent Show F
FOX: Most Recent Show D | Most Recent Show E | Most Recent Show F

Wednesday
CBS: Most Recent Show G | Most Recent Show H | Most Recent Show I
ABC: Most Recent Show G | Most Recent Show H | Most Recent Show I
NBC: Most Recent Show G | Most Recent Show H | Most Recent Show I
FOX: Most Recent Show G | Most Recent Show H | Most Recent Show I

etc.

With this format I can take the shows I have, show the most recent one exclusive to a day of the week. That way I can just check the listings each day for each channel and always have some variety.

Is there a way I can accomplish this?
Nomar1245,

Hello!!

I think that I have a couple of ways that you could create what you want.
I haven't tried these mind you.

You probably need a series of playlists and need to make a playlist containing those playlist.
Create playlist 1:
First aired = last 7 days
TV Show = How I met your Mother

Playlist 2:
First Aired = Last 7 days
TV Show = Southlan

Continue on with the shows you want to include. Then create a final playlist and use the previous playlist you made as rules. The playlist you made previously has an xsp extension. Do not use that when referencing a playlist within a playlist. It won't work.

Another way to do, is to do it like I have done. Since there is no way to specify a network within playlist, you could use another catagory that a playlist references. I used the genre catagory and inserted the madeup genre of "Latenight" into all of the latenight talk show NFOs, under the genre listing. Since XBMC will pick up and use extra genres, this will work. You may have to refresh each of your shows to get your new genre to be recognized.
Now I have playlist that will select and show me or play and latenight talk show that I have that aired within the last 7 days.

Another way to try may be to seperate all of your CBS shows into one folder, your NBC shows into another folder, etc.... Then use the first aired rule along with the path rule.

There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Mark
Thanks Mark. I'm going to try this now and see what I can work out.