Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem installing XBMC Live 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was running XBMC Live 9, worked great.

Saw Dharma was out, fancied a go on that.
  • Downloaded the ISO and burnt to DVD.
  • Put in media centre computer, booted DVD, chose to install Xbmc Live
  • Went through the local settings all fine
  • Chose network adapter

Then it asked about hard disks - I told it to use the existing hard disk, but all of it - so it did it's formating/partition magic etc, and then began to install
however, at 16%, a funny menu popped up:

I've tried everything - any option I choose, it goes back to the install screen, starts again from 0%, gets to 16% then pops back up.

I've downloaded and burnt the ISO twice now, still the same problem.
Any help would be fantastic, thanks
check the debug logs.

Alt-F2
/var/log/*
Thank you darkscout - I will list the log in an hour.
Alt-F3 brought up the error log. It's quite large, more than a page.

From what I can see

Please do tell me if there's an easier way to get it here!

If anyone manages to talk me through this procedure and get Xbmc Dharma to work, I'll happily pay them $10 through paypal as a token of my thanks!
I don't think anyone will do anything for 10bucks, but perhaps it is just me being spoiled.

I have had this issue both with a bad cd and with a DVD. This was the only time I used a dvd and it did not work but it does not have to be connected.

Eitherway, get a CD and try that. You can also try booting the cd into live. If that doesnt work try it on anoher computer.
Yeah, looks like bad media. It's failing to load the loop module.

Anyone tried the preseed with a netboot installer?
Quote:Anyone tried the preseed with a netboot installer?

That was a bit unexpected in this context?Wink
But yes, I have tried a LOT. It is not very easy without some pretty advanced skills.
The ubuntu netboot does not work with the live CD. There is a miss match in a few places and I think the easiest solution is to re-cook it.

The alternative is of course enable network in the live initrd.

PXE also support other options such as mount the image or pre-seed a network mirror. It does not work either because unlike the ubuntu installer live checks for cd first thing before the mirror step.
Here is another possibility for someone with enough skills/time, adjust the installer.

The only thing I manage to get working was to loop the image from disk in grub2, but that is not supported in PXE.