Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buttons for next track/previous track?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone. I have XBMC for windows and also a snapstream firefly remote.

I programmed the remote but i can't seem to get the next track/previous track buttons right.

i programmed it as the period and comma keyes ("." and ","), but when i'm in a full screen video, it acts as a 'big skip forward' 'big skip backward' instead of going to the next and previous movies in my queue. Are those the right buttons? I'm so confused Eek

Edit: And actually, when i use the keyboard it also does the 'big skip backward/forward' behavior as well.

And yes, i got this from the keyboard mapping wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

Thanks.
The period and comma keys don't jump to the next/previous video. They haven't for as long as I can remember. This is an, erm feature of the video player :-)

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The period and comma keys don't jump to the next/previous video. They haven't for as long as I can remember. This is an, erm feature of the video player :-)

JR

So there are no buttons that do this? Sad I'm kinda surprised.
Ages ago (v9.04 I think) I had a look at the code. My recollection is that because of the way video playing is organised it wasn't a trivial thing to implement, or more accurately it wouldn't have been trivial for me to implement given my limited knowledge of the code :-)

If there were thousands of people screaming for it no doubt we'd find a way to do it, but so far too few people have requested the feature for it to divert the developers effort from other areas.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Ages ago (v9.04 I think) I had a look at the code. My recollection is that because of the way video playing is organised it wasn't a trivial thing to implement, or more accurately it wouldn't have been trivial for me to implement given my limited knowledge of the code :-)

If there were thousands of people screaming for it no doubt we'd find a way to do it, but so far too few people have requested the feature for it to divert the developers effort from other areas.

JR

So what you're saying is, i need to organize a mob Big GrinLaugh

Weird thing is, when i was using eventghost, it worked. I stopped using eventghost and i'm using an xml file to map the buttons and it no longer works. So i think the function is there, but not mapped to a specific keyboard key?

Edit: Oh also one more thing, even though it doesn't work for videos, the buttons do go to next track and previous track for mp3's though. You guys made a really weird implementation :p
Phokus Wrote:Edit: Oh also one more thing, even though it doesn't work for videos, the buttons do go to next track and previous track for mp3's though.

Videos and mp3s are handled in different ways, hence the difference. As I recall videos are played using a playlist that's constructed on the fly when you select a video, while mp3s are handled as files in a directory. That makes it very easy to work out what the next mp3 is, but much harder to work out what the next video should be.

JR
Phokus Wrote:So what you're saying is, i need to organize a mob Big GrinLaugh

Edit:

I changed the buttons in the default Keymap.xml to have Comma and Period as SkipNext & SkipPrevious under (FullScreenVideo) and this has fixed the issue, and allows Next/Previous on the Video playlists.