Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [iPhone] Jailbreak Needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow cant believe xbmc will actually work on the iphone Smile

However at the moment mine is jailbroken on 4.0.1 and i hate taking the risk with all those different jailbreaking programs. Do i have to update to 4.1 or 4.2.1 to get this to work?? If so what would you reccomend i do as i value my iphone 4 lol. If any thing was to happen to it i would die

Thanks in advance
rduggu Wrote:Wow cant believe xbmc will actually work on the iphone Smile

However at the moment mine is jailbroken on 4.0.1 and i hate taking the risk with all those different jailbreaking programs. Do i have to update to 4.1 or 4.2.1 to get this to work?? If so what would you reccomend i do as i value my iphone 4 lol. If any thing was to happen to it i would die

Thanks in advance

No need to update your IOS, go to cidya and make sure you have the "iPhonespot repo" because they have an XBMC version 10.01 that can run with no inforced limitations. Works on iPhones and ipads you do not need to be on latest iPhone IOS!

I have iPhone 3GS 32GB and on IOS 4.0 jailbroken using jailbrakeme I installed XBMC on my iPhone and it's working perfect, although some screens are not that good because it was not developed for the 3GS but for the iPhone 4.

I can't see a reason why would someone need XBMC on their iPhone but I Installed it just to see how it will perform on the 3GS, pretty good I say. Nice job devs :-)

DISCLAIMER: Do this on your own risk! Cydia, jailbreaking and installing repos can cause your iPhone to stop working and you might lose ALL your data if you do not know what you are doing. Do not ever balme me for suggesting "theiPhonespot Repo". DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, and do not ask me where to get the repo from! Google is your Friend.

Pics from iPhone 3GS 32GB on IOS 4.0
Image Image
Image Image

Cheers,
EG.
Wow sounds like a lot less hassle, thanks 4 the reply. Could you please explain how I find it in cydia??

Thanks
rduggu Wrote:Wow sounds like a lot less hassle, thanks 4 the reply. Could you please explain how I find it in cydia??

Thanks

You need to add the "theiphonespot repo" in cydia by selecting manage_> sources_> tab edit in the top right hand corner then select add and input the repo's address exactly as shown. Then navigate to the repo and you will see XBMC in there. Tab it and install, I say again "do it on your own risk".

Cheers,
EG.
Ok thanks will read up on it before I proceed haha, thanks 4 d info guys much appreciated
Worked like a charm, thanks again ELITEGAMER360 you saved me loads of heartache and google searches.
Whats the exact repo you add to cydia? theiphonespot repo??

cheers