Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Dharma and Linux 10.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

This forum has been a amazing help and i thank everyone for their hard work,just got two questions i cant work out for the life of me! tried searching the forums but i couldnt find the answers, Firstly i am running Xbmc Dharma on ubauntu 10.10 insalled on revo r3610,when i go to render method its set to auto-detect with the option of vdpau below.is this right? because when i watch a .mkv file,vdpau is use when i press o and view the details, Secondly my menu perfomace is quite choppy, i have got Aeon installed,any ideas? and lastly..sorry three question! my revo came with windows,would i get any perfomace boosts from using the linux bios?
Have a great weekend
Thank you!
Do you have screen effects enabled? i.e. Compiz? Check under System-> Preferences-> Appearance-> Visual Effects. Make sure it's set to none.
Thank you Zepfan! thats helped a lot with the menu! Your a star, i was thinking of changing my xconfig file,but i dont know if that's necessary now,just hope i got the autodetect right!

Thanks!
Thanks to all the guides on here,i think i got everything sorted! Thanks again everyone,and just to check i am right have render menthod on auto detect?
Thanks again!
newtothis Wrote:Thanks to all the guides on here,i think i got everything sorted! Thanks again everyone,and just to check i am right have render menthod on auto detect?
Thanks again!

Wouldn't that depend on your video chipset? VDPAU is nVidia tech, VAAPi is Intel. I disable vdpau in XBMC when compiling and select vaapi from xbmc. If I'm wrong to do this I'd like to know. I'll put it on my research list and need to find a good way to test the performance between the two.