Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Playlist with Movie Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded XBMC today in a continuing effort to find a program that will play custom playlist movies with a graphical interface. So far, XBMC seems to be the best choice!

I have successfully created a playlist, and it works as expected.

I do not know where to go from here, as this what I want to accomplish:

Play custom intro to my theater
play dolby digital surround sound trailer
play movie trailer 1
play movie trailer 2
play instructional video on theater usage (turn off cell phone, etc)
play movie (for example, Salt)

So, I can get the playlist to do all of that perfectly; however, I do not know how to get the cover art for the movie Salt from my playlist.

I will have every single movie in my collection with this same setup (the trailers will vary, as will the custom intros). I do realize I will have to setup a playlist for everything, and I will do this.

But, I really, really want the graphical interface to have the ability to scan through the movies exactly like you can when you select movies on teh home page, but I want it to play my playlist I just created.

Now, I haven't really researched this much, so it may be obvious, but with this program being so powerful, i don't know where / how to search for it.

Any ideas?
dzirkelb Wrote:I downloaded XBMC today in a continuing effort to find a program that will play custom playlist movies with a graphical interface. So far, XBMC seems to be the best choice!

I have successfully created a playlist, and it works as expected.

I do not know where to go from here, as this what I want to accomplish:

Play custom intro to my theater
play dolby digital surround sound trailer
play movie trailer 1
play movie trailer 2
play instructional video on theater usage (turn off cell phone, etc)
play movie (for example, Salt)

So, I can get the playlist to do all of that perfectly; however, I do not know how to get the cover art for the movie Salt from my playlist.

I will have every single movie in my collection with this same setup (the trailers will vary, as will the custom intros). I do realize I will have to setup a playlist for everything, and I will do this.

But, I really, really want the graphical interface to have the ability to scan through the movies exactly like you can when you select movies on teh home page, but I want it to play my playlist I just created.

Now, I haven't really researched this much, so it may be obvious, but with this program being so powerful, i don't know where / how to search for it.

Any ideas?

Check out Cinema Experience....install it, and then for each movie on the Movie Information page you get when you right-click on the movie, there will be a button called Cinema Experience. Click it, and boom....whatever you've set up in its configuration will run.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563

Hope that help.....
This is exactly what I am looking for!

However, due to my noobness to this program, i am having issues getting it installed. Here is exactly what I have done to this point:

Installed latest version of XBMC
Installed and enabled the Night Skin
Downloaded the zip file from teh wiki page for cinema experience
In XBMC, installed the zip file I downloaed
I copied the zip file to the folder in XBMC under the add ons folder
I added a source under videos that has a bunch of movies in it, they appear up like they should

This is where I'm stuck. I do not see the cinema experience anywhere under program add ons like the wiki suggests, all i see is RSS Editor.
I was able to get it installed. I'll post on the thread specifically made for that add on from now on, thanks!