Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] ATV2 4.1 XBMC Crashes after few minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

Great work I have been using XBMC since god knows when and loved every minute. I bought ATV2 waiting for last night Smile.

Anyway have a bit of an issue playing AVI and it crashes after few minutes goes back to Lowtide(main screen) I have to start XBMC again, even if I forward to the same place it would play for few minutes then crash again. Here is the last parts from XBMC.log

EDIT: Seems like the issue is Automatic Update checking, either install NitoTv and disable apple updates or edit /etc/hosts file with 127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com, I suggest installing NitoTV..
crash reporter log please
davilla Wrote:crash reporter log please

assuming I`m looking in the right place(/var/logs/CrashReporter/) the only crashreporter I see is not for XBMC

Code:
Apple-TV:/var/logs/CrashReporter root# ls -alh
total 64K
drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel  272 Jan 21 18:13 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 root wheel  238 Dec 31  1969 ../
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel   68 Dec 31  1969 Baseband/
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel   43 Jan 21 18:13 LatestCrash-nitoHelper.plist -> nitoHelper_2011-01-21-181320_Apple-TV.plist
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel   43 Jan 21 18:13 LatestCrash.plist -> nitoHelper_2011-01-21-181320_Apple-TV.plist
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel   68 Dec 31  1969 Panics/
-rw-r----- 1 root wheel  39K Nov  4 14:36 mediaserverd-2010-11-04-143632.plist
-rw-r----- 1 root wheel 5.3K Jan 21 18:13 nitoHelper_2011-01-21-181320_Apple-TV.plist
Apple-TV:/var/logs/CrashReporter root#

I can pastebin nito one but I dont see how it could help since the time is before, I was trying to upgrade nito to latest version.
Just tried again with different AVIs and same results about 4 minutes in it just returns to main ATV2 screen
Having exactly the same issue. Here is the Crash Reporter dump.

http://pastebin.mlvision.com.au/m3137ee9c
Did you use Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool to generate the custom firmware?
Dense Wrote:Did you use Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool to generate the custom firmware?

Pwnnagetool when it first came out. so its been jailbroken for a while.

I wonder why I dont get a crashreport. I`m looking in the right directory right ?

Are you on WIFI or Wired ? I tried both and same results.
Dense Wrote:Did you use Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool to generate the custom firmware?

Same issue, IOS 4.1 jailbroken with Pwnagetool, XBMC crashes back to AppleTV main screen.
cletus Wrote:Same issue, IOS 4.1 jailbroken with Pwnagetool, XBMC crashes back to AppleTV main screen.

Plays for few minutes ?
Ok this is strange. I connected wire, rebooted, turned on debugging, played a video from playon hulu upnp server. Which played fine, then went to play same AVIs and it's playing now. So is what made it play ok this time ? Debugging ? Why would it ?

Still testing but this is strange will turn of debugging soon.
Same problem- 4.1 with Pwnagetool. Doesn't matter what the video is, HD, SD, short, long... everything crashes anywhere between 3-10 minutes.

I wondered if it was a network problem- I've tried pausing it at the start of the program to buffer, but that doesn't seem to help. Angry

I'm not really angry, but I like that smilyNod
dirtbag88 Wrote:Same problem- 4.1 with Pwnagetool. Doesn't matter what the video is, HD, SD, short, long... everything crashes anywhere between 3-10 minutes.

I wondered if it was a network problem- I've tried pausing it at the start of the program to buffer, but that doesn't seem to help. Angry

I'm not really angry, but I like that smilyNod

While I can't do testing now. Can one of you guys reboot with wire connected, turn on xbmc, turn debugging on and try again.

We are watching multiple AVIs exept for some minor buffering the issue is not there, I need to turn it of and test, but I can't now (wife and baby are very pissed already Smile )
looks like you guyz have same problem as Me and Cyruss89

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91456

check above link that is what fixed it for both of us...

Its either something u have installed from before, or its the Pwnagetool....

An new jailbreak with Seas0nPass and only install XBMC and PLEX and it works as it should...
How is that a fix? I would prefer not to have to tether jailbreak this shit. I'll try to wipe and reinstall 4.1
dirtbag88 Wrote:How is that a fix? I would prefer not to have to tether jailbreak this shit. I'll try to wipe and reinstall 4.1

I dont know its working for me now. Like I said all I did was a reboot with wire connected, turn on XBMC, turn on debugging in XBMC and it worked.

I now disabled the debugging and it still working.

Playing with remote DB now, seems to work.

Anyone having issues with resume, does it resume.
Pages: 1 2 3 4