Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mapping keys for vrc-1100 remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently did an upgrade to XBMC Eden (11.0) and I wanted to install the HAMA MCE event client (hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz)
but when you start the installation, it will abort because it isn't able to download a file "libusb".
So I changed the makefile to the correct libusb path and now it works.

I uploaded it to my webspace: Hama_mce-1.5.tar.gz

It's also tested on my HTPC and it's working on XBMC Eden.
I'm also on Eden and i've used the event client since 10.0 but with Eden the Info Button doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?
(2011-02-05, 16:28)Carrot Cruncher Wrote: [ -> ]resolved. for the benefit of others :

turned on debugging which showed the following for the power button :
DEBUG: OnKey: 61599 pressed, action is

i then made the mistake of thinking i needed to use remote.xml to map this key, but it turned out to be keyboard.xml, so i created ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml containing the following :

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61599">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

so the power button now takes me to the shutdown menu.

Actually, this doesn't work. Instead, Power Button does hibernate the computer Sad

I also couldn't get Colume_up or Volume_down to work, I tried:

<key id="61615">VolumeUp(ShutdownMenu)</key>
<key id="61614">VolumeDown(ShutdownMenu)</key>

and
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>

None of these actually do work.

Any idea?
Jackie

the best thing to date, to make this remotes work is the hama mce client mentioned a couple posts ago, I have it working with xbmc 12.2, all buttons works, context menu key is sometimes (10-20% of the time) confused with info key.. but we all have learned to live with it.
I particulary have set the powet button to suspend my htpc using

<power>XBMC.Suspend()</power>

inside remote.xml file.

you wont be able to make all buttons work without this client becos the remote works in a rather unusual way, its a mix between a mouse and a keyboard, not an actual mce remote. so volume buttons for example are really a mix of commands instead of just 1 command...

try the client, its the best thing

Juanjo, user of a friggin VC-1100 remote for years.
actually volume is 1 command if you use appcommand.xml
look at this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166140
Hi,

my VC-1100 used to work fine in Windows 7, but in Windows 8, it operates quite differently. The most annoying thing is that the Volume buttons now seem to alter the system volume, but I want them to alter the XBMC volume instead. Any idea how to make this work again?
you should probably ask in the windows support section
Pages: 1 2