Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AppleTV2 support for the Focus skin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hiya,

This isn't one of the officially supported skins in my ATV2 installation of XBMC - how could I install it manually?

Thanks Smile
ssh into the ATV with some ftp tool that supports ssh and put the extracted refocus folder in /var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons on your ATV.

You will have to restart xbmc once the files are transfered - xbmc only checks for addons after startup.

be aware that refocus on the ATV will be lacking performance - i love this skin on the desktop but was disappointed with the results on the ATV.
@thirdsun
you are right, i did a couple tests yesterday ..and doesnt look pretty at all Smile

@owen-b
besides the default skin the only other one that looks kinda ok is Slik by Jezz

the playing of the media is great .. was playing 1080p content over the network w/o a problem Smile
I tested out XBMC on my iPad and it was very slow using Confluence. From the looks of a video I saw of XBMC on the aTV2 it wasn't much faster. So I think a lot of optimization (and in the case of the iPad much better touch support) will be needed to make XBMC run fast enough on the aTV2 using any skin.
I don't have an aTV but that was the impression I got.
I'm surprised that reFocus is slower than confluence on the ATV2 as looking at the skin, it doesn't appear to be as graphically intensive. Not that I'm speaking from any knowledge of skining mind you.
Refocus is one of the fastest skins on the ATV2 on the newer builds. I've switched to using it as my main skin now.
saunderez Wrote:Refocus is one of the fastest skins on the ATV2 on the newer builds. I've switched to using it as my main skin now.

Also using reFocus on the ATV2 but how do I make fanart look like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954?

How do I enable the blue overlay?. On the atv2 there's no overlay, making text very hard to read when fanart is enabled.

Also the "context" menus during playback doesn't work. So I can't control subtitles etc...
acidduck Wrote:Also using reFocus on the ATV2 but how do I make fanart look like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954?

How do I enable the blue overlay?. On the atv2 there's no overlay, making text very hard to read when fanart is enabled.

Also the "context" menus during playback doesn't work. So I can't control subtitles etc...

I'd also like to know this. At the moment you can't read anything if you use fanart.

Thanks, SD
acidduck Wrote:Also using reFocus on the ATV2 but how do I make fanart look like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954?

sdesign Wrote:I'd also like to know this. At the moment you can't read anything if you use fanart.

Thanks, SD

It was a bug in the diffusing of images in the IOS builds of xbmc that caused this the update released 2 days ago may have fixed it if you have not already updated
I can confirm that the diffusion fix did not fix the ReFocus missing background bug in the latest official build. It's not a big deal, however it makes Global Fanart useless in Slide view as you can't read the plot details on series/movies with light fan art.
I am up-to-date for both xbmc and refocus. The problem is still there :-(
apart from the problems mentioned, what is the performance like?

For example scrolling through movies in poster view, are the posters loading slowing as you fly through them or are they appearing instantly?
moontan77 Wrote:apart from the problems mentioned, what is the performance like? For example scrolling through movies in poster view, are the posters loading slowing as you fly through them or are they appearing instantly?

Flying through
I can confirm that Refocus now displays correctly on the ATV2, using the latest official build. It looks like the update fixed some transparency issues which has made the blue background visible.
Yay! Cool
Pages: 1 2