Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it's a little bug. working on a solution now.

as a work around, go to the add-on settings, change the timezone correction value, quit XBMC, remove ~/.xbmc/userdata/Epg*.db and restart XBMC.
@dushmaniac

Thanks for the quick response, that was driving me nuts trying to work it out.

Regards,
Kevin
@dushmaniac

It seems there is another bug/error. Adding timers both from epg and manualy channel is set to be "0 dummy". Editing timer cause xbmc to crush.

Here is crushlog

PS. Why there is no backtrace ?

Regards
Janusz
I'm finding the latest windows version to be stable enough to roll out onto one of my main XBMC machines but I have one question. Is there a way to get the AEON MQ2 skin to work with the PVR addon? I know someone posted a link to a post talking about getting the PVR addons to work with Aeon65 but that doesnt work with Aeon MQ2.

Has anyone had any joy getting it working?
@janumix:
that's a known issue. channel numbers aren't set yet when receiving timers from the add-on. will be fixed.

@fl0PPsy:
that skin probably doesn't have the required pvr items in it. so it'll work, but you won't see the pvr stuff.
Hi,

On Sunday the UK time went forward 1 hour to British Summer Time. HTS Headend itself seems to have handled this fine but in XBMC the EPG is 1 hour ahead of itself.

The EPG Offset seems the obvious thing to change here but it seems (from reading various threads) that this should be set to 0 most of the time.

I was wondering how to drop the EPG back 1 hour?

Thanks
change the epg offset and reset the epg db. will be fixed in the next build, which uses utc internally instead of local time

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=761...tcount=286
Hello,

First of all I would like to thank for the fantastic work done with both HTS-Tvheadend and the XBMC-PVR, by far these two combined are the only working solution for me with a good looking interface.

However, I still have one small problem with these. I'm using the latest XBMC live build (10.1), and installed HTS-Tvheadend and XBMC-PVR couple of days ago. I have one DVB-S2 card on my machine and my satellite dish is pointed at Astra 28.2E (for receiving Sky UK -channels).

The problem is that on the XBMC side I don't have any EPG info on the channels. On the Tvheadend side everything seems to be working flawlessly, all the EPG data of the channels shows up in the Tvheadend webconfig etc, just for some reason it doesn't get transferred to XBMC.

I have tried for example resetting the EPG data and scanning for new through the "Live TV" -settings, but it didn't seem to do nothing for me. I've noticed that on cold boot when I start XBMC, it loads the EPG data rather quickly from Tvheadend. If I let the system run for example 10 minutes and then restart only XBMC and not the whole computer, the scanning of EPG gets much slower so to me it seems that it is getting something from Tvheadend, but doesn't just show it up for some reason.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem and how could I possibly try to fix it? Thanks already for your answers!
@Kosmosnautti
please pastebin a full debug log
dushmaniac, will do tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks already for being so helpful!
Ok dushmaniac, here's a quick debug log of booting up the computer and letting XBMC to try to get the EPG data from Tvheadend: http://pastebin.com/QUwHn0K3

This time it actually got EPG info of around ten channels, but considering that on tvheadend webconfig I can see EPG info for almost all of the +170 channels it seems a bit weird?

I hope the log file does in fact tell you something of my problem and if not, I'll be happy to provide another one if needed!

EDIT:
Btw, is there somewhere some kind of developement builds available of the xbmc-pvr? I'm even willing to test these if available and if no solution is found to my problem.
could you stop xbmc, delete ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Epg*.db, start xbmc, wait for the update progress bar to complete and pastebin the debug log of that run please. the log you posted now doesn't show anything special, but that's probably because updates from the last run are in the db.

the build that's most stable can be found in my sig.
dushmaniac Wrote:could you stop xbmc, delete ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Epg*.db, start xbmc, wait for the update progress bar to complete and pastebin the debug log of that run please. the log you posted now doesn't show anything special, but that's probably because updates from the last run are in the db.

the build that's most stable can be found in my sig.

Done, here's a new log after deleting the Epg4.db and letting XBMC to update the EPGs: http://pastebin.com/QR3VvJy8

Hopefully this could actually tell you something Smile

EDIT:
Hmm, weird. The log file actually displays the fetched EPG information for many of the channels, but for some reason it just doesn't show up on "Live TV", only for a bunch of, maybe around 10, channels.
for some reason, tvheadend is only returning 2 epg entries per channel. some of those have already passed, so their dropped by xbmc and you'll see "no info available" for those channels.

I'm not seeing any errors there, so tvheadend is only sending 2 events per channel. try upgrading tvheadend, because I might have used something that has been added recently without noticing it. if you're using ubuntu, then you can find an updated and tested version on my ppa.
As I've installed Tvheadend according to the instructions on the first post of this thread, isn't the upgrading process of tvheadend done by just "apt-get upgrade tvheadend"? I'm not too familiar with linux yet Smile

However, after trying that command it did update something, but still no luck on getting any EPG info to show up Sad I even deleted the Epg4.db from ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/, but that didn't make any difference.

Any ideas what could I do next, or should I just try to install everything again at weekend if I have enough time, possibly from the latest dev builds?