Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
better change it to
_commit=f44db35e46fc67709260d9f4b521907d28e79a37 in that case Smile
I trying to use it in Brazil. We use isdbt-tb (h.264 video + he-aac v2 audio), but I l'm having an issue in audio. I think that could be a problem in streaming. So i've this post: http://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/245

It's the same bug.
dushmaniac Wrote:@danips:
create a ticket on trac and attach a crashlog please.

Hi dushmaniac, I have created a new ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11476
but I have forgotten to CC you.
@dushmaniac:

So I installed your latest xbmc build. Thanks for creating this.
And now I have a ~/xbmc-backup
Why?

Bas.
@danips:
thanks

@bas.t:
no idea. maybe it's a backup Wink
Hi,

Not sure if this is the same issue that was reported recently but after upgrading to the latest version today I am still experiencing it.

I boot up into XBMC fine, enable Live TV and it connects and grabs the EPG. If I then reboot my XBMC machine on launching XBMC again it complains that there is no PVR client that can be enabled. I then go to the system settings and enable Live TV again (not the PVR Client in Add-ons) at which point XBMC dies and I am left with a blank screen.

If this is new let me know if you require any logs.

Thanks
Hi dushmaniac,

Thanks for your fantastic work.

I am using your latest tvheadend/xbmc packages for lucid. The recordings and timers are accessible via XBMV TV Live GUI, thanks a lot.

Some channels (all in one multiplex) did not load epg, even after over an hour of running. That's no big deal, but when pushing the recording button on these channels in XBMC, I am getting the "PVR addon received an error" message. The tvheadend log says:

Code:
Apr 26 21:07:27 htpc tvheadend[1054]: dvr: "Kino CS" on "Kino CS" starting at Thu Jan  1 00:57:59 1970, scheduled for recording by "XBMC"

Please notice the unix epoch beginning time. The recording does not appear in the tvheadend web gui. The only way to record channels without EPG is by adding the "add entry" in the Digital Video Recorded tab since channels without known EPG are not listed in the "Electronic Program Guide" list, quite logically Smile I wonder if there is an easier way to record channels without EPG or I have just hit a bug.

Another question - the sorting popup buttons in the tvheadend web GUI are disabled. Please is there a way to enable this feature? Not a major problem, just letting you know.

Thanks a lot for your help and extraordinary effort.
@behaviour:
not a known issue. please create a ticket for this on trac and attach a crashlog or debug log to it if no crashlog is available. thanks.

@phofman:
nice that you like it Smile the epg not loading is probably a bug in tvheadend or an issue with that mux. could use an xmltv grabber for those channels if it's available.

could you create a ticket on trac for the issue on xbmc's side and attach a full debug log to it please.

some sorting buttons can't be enabled in tvheadend's webui. andoma probably just didn't implement those (yet)
@dushmaniac:

XMBC crushes just after start. Please take a look.
Crushlog
Is it just me or has Power Down stopped working ?
I had finally got it working with some changes to policy kit, but after updating latest ppa when I select 'Power off System' xbmc just quits and relauches.

Regards,
Kevin
@janumix
it's called a crashlog Smile and try this: delete the files in ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database before starting xbmc.

@kdevane
nothing changed in the package structures since the last ppa release. unless xbmc is crashing (check for crashlogs), power down should work fine.
behaviour Wrote:Hi,

Not sure if this is the same issue that was reported recently but after upgrading to the latest version today I am still experiencing it.

I boot up into XBMC fine, enable Live TV and it connects and grabs the EPG. If I then reboot my XBMC machine on launching XBMC again it complains that there is no PVR client that can be enabled. I then go to the system settings and enable Live TV again (not the PVR Client in Add-ons) at which point XBMC dies and I am left with a blank screen.

If this is new let me know if you require any logs.

Thanks

A friend of mine had this problem to running the maverick version of xbmc-live with pvr. He couldnt fix it but tried installing lucid xbmc-live instead and it worked.

-gob
Installed the last PPA from April, 25th. If I select an epg-entry and use the right mouse button to 'find similar programme' this doesn't work. This behaviour was in previous versions too.

_BJ1
@gobba
I'll need a ticket and a crashlog and/or full debug log to fix this

@_BJ1
that never worked afaik. neither does any other epg search. I'll fix it later, but it doesn't have a high prio
dushmaniac Wrote:that never worked afaik. neither does any other epg search. I'll fix it later, but it doesn't have a high prio

I have an 'older' installation of xbmc (10.5 from 2010 in november 15th) on a productive system in my living room where this feature still working Wink. But You are right, there are other problems with higher priority. You got a good work by the way.

_BJ1