Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
_Mikie_ Wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing just didn't think of getting a dual card which is a good idea for future upgrades. My main question though is where xbmc_pvr runs on openelec or do I have to use xbmc live?

Thanks

I believe there are custom builds of openelec that have the pvr plugin. I'm currently using margro's unofficial windows build with pvr support but plan on implementing dushmaniac's diskless installation

Check the diskless thread for the ultimate solution Wink

and here are the windows unofficial builds -> http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html

ps - I bought the TBS6981 dual tuner card but think my satellite dish is the wrong size for my lnb so I have a few signal issues. When it does work, it works VERY well. We talking 1 second or less channel change times which makes it that much more impressive seeing as it's streaming across a network

Take care
I've tried both approaches - TV running on a server, and using my Openelec on a Shuttle XS35 as the TV server. Honestly, the Shuttle was hugely easier and works, if anything, better than the dedicated server (although in my case that was a Ubuntu VM running on Win7) ... the Shuttle version was running in sub 5 minutes and works jsut fine streaming locally and to our other clients as well. Personally, I'd say try the basic openelec install first and only move to a dedicated server if you find you need to - I doubt you will...
_Mikie_ Wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing just didn't think of getting a dual card which is a good idea for future upgrades. My main question though is where xbmc_pvr runs on openelec or do I have to use xbmc live?

Thanks

here are the openelec PVR builds:

http://gujs.openelec.tv/build/
i use PVR-PPA-opdenkamp. PVR Maste branch is relatively new, i have no experiences with this.

happy hollidays ;-)
Hasu0bs Wrote:here are the openelec PVR builds:

http://gujs.openelec.tv/build/
i use PVR-PPA-opdenkamp. PVR Maste branch is relatively new, i have no experiences with this.

happy hollidays ;-)

This may be outdated permanently. Gujs stopped after odk 56 (which I think is a bad version. If you want a Gujs build I would advice to try odk 55)

For up to date "nightly" builds you can try this one or this one
Today I created a new grabber for Rytec sources, based on existing scripts I found on the internet, people who have or have had a dreambox, VU+ DUO, or anything enigma2 based, know what Rytec is.

Installation:

1) Read the README.txt
2) Copy files to /usr/bin and make sure they have execute rights
3) Comment/Uncomment the different wget's in tv_grab_rytec
4) Add the channel id's you want to keep in tv_grab_rytec_remove_unwanted.py
Default configuration works, if you only want to test.
5) Select 'Rytec Grabber' in tvheadend and press save, tvheadend will execute grabber.

Download:

File name: tv_grab_rytec.zip File size: 6.63 KB
ocram Wrote:Today I created a new grabber for Rytec sources, based on existing scripts I found on the internet, people who have or have had a dreambox, VU+ DUO, or anything enigma2 based, know what Rytec is.

Installation:

1) Read the README.txt
2) Copy files to /usr/bin and make sure they have execute rights
3) Comment/Uncomment the different wget's in tv_grab_rytec
4) Add the channel id's you want to keep in tv_grab_rytec_remove_unwanted.py
Default configuration works, if you only want to test.
5) Select 'Rytec Grabber' in tvheadend and press save, tvheadend will execute grabber.

Download:

File name: tv_grab_rytec.zip File size: 6.63 KB

Thanks man. Will give this a try later on
jacksback Wrote:Thanks man. Will give this a try later on

I installed as per the README but don't see it appearing in TvHeadend web front-end. Am I suppose to add it somewhere?

Thanks
Here's a new version, now you have to add the channels you want to keep in tv_grab_rytec.conf, also it will change the displayname to what you want.

File name: tv_grab_rytec.zip File size: 6.23 KB

@jacksback
It should become visible if you placed it in /usr/bin where all the other grabbers are located.
And here's a new version:

seperated the sources from the main file.

Only the files *.keep and *.sources should be changed now.

File name: xmltv_grabber.zip File size: 6.75 KB
Below is a new version,

Just add the url you want to download in *.sources, all that you need to know is in the README.

File name: tv_grab_rytec.zip File size: 6.83 KB
hi there! i installed everything on my new amd fusion htpc with a tevii s470 card. everything works fine, but tvheadend crashes often when i was zapping. and now, xbmc brings me the error "no pvr-addon enabled" though the tvheadend addon ist enabled! the error message comes all the time, no matter which pvr-addon ist enabled! i can´t watch tv anymore!

after googling after this error, i read a lot from other people with the same problems, but no solutions are found or posted in the forums!

does anyone know this error? can anyone help me?
Hi m.bluemle,

I'm having a similar issue where a crash or lock up when using live tv is followed by xbmc either hanging at a restart with a message that it's importing channels, or if it doesn't hang, then giving the error message "no pvr addons enabled" when I choose live tv from the main menu.

I found if I SSH into the xbmc box and delete Epg.db from the userdata/Database folder, then reboot, everything comes back up fine.

Cheers,
Adam.
Updated XBMC today and still cant Enable the Tvheadend add-on.
"No PVR add-on enabled
The PVR manager has been enabled without any enabled PVR add-on. Enable at leas one add-on in order to use the PVR functionality."
Any suggestions?
I can connect to the HTPC ant watch Live-TV with the add-on on my laptop so its working but not on XBMC on the HTPC.
the same problem as mine!

thanks ads_german for your solution, but it didn´t work for me! i´ve read it in other forums too and tried it, but without any success!

i don´t understand, that there was no problem at first, i tried the live tv 2 days and then, this problems occurs!

i need some help!

i also tried to compile xbmc new from opdenkamps git repos, but i have the same problems after installing!
cAizer Wrote:Updated XBMC today and still cant Enable the Tvheadend add-on.
"No PVR add-on enabled
The PVR manager has been enabled without any enabled PVR add-on. Enable at leas one add-on in order to use the PVR functionality."
Any suggestions?
I can connect to the HTPC ant watch Live-TV with the add-on on my laptop so its working but not on XBMC on the HTPC.

I get this message too when I compile xbmc-pvr on debian squeeze, wheezy, ubuntu lucid, oneiric. I have not tested it lately on Natty, since that machine resides in the living room and I am not looking for troubles there.

I can however enable the tvheadend addon, and it works. Strange thing is that besides this "No PVR add-on enabled The PVR manager has been enabled without any enabled PVR add-on. Enable at least one add-on in order to use the PVR functionality." message, I find that a LOT of the choises you can make to configure xbmc are just not there...
The one that I can think of first is the language setting. I am dutch, so I always set it to Dutch. But now I can not make that choise anymore. Even more strange is that xbmc made that choise (correctly) for me. So I have a dutch interface after all.
Same goes for the epg. I always set it to not store the epg in a database. Again, I can not set this, because the choise is simply not there.
Now, when I look in the userdata/Database folder, I am much surprised to see that the epgxx.db isn't there at all. So xbmc made that choise for me too.

This one is also interesting: I always set the epg to show me the timeline view. This choise of course has vanished too. On the bright side: xbmc has made the correct choise for me again, it's a miracle!!! Now xbmc seems to be able to read my mind, which I find disturbing, to say the least.

And so on and so forth.

Does anyone recognise this? (dushmaniac?)

UPDATE:

When I delete my 'advancedsettings.xml' all choices are back again. So something has changed.