Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as i thought, there were file rights missing.
no i can login.

but how do i manage to add a connection to my dreambox?
what do you want to do with your dreambox? connect to its newcs server? or watch video streams from it? if is the latter, i'm not sure you can do that with tvheadend.
yes, i wanted to watch streams, but now i've found out, that this works easy with adding a new networksource directly to the dreambox Smile
@dush:

Do you know what maybe problem of ? XBMC crushed after.

Code:
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: AddOnLog: xbmc.pvrclient/Tvheadend HTSP Client: cHTSPDemux::Read - Frame type B
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: AddOnLog: xbmc.pvrclient/Tvheadend HTSP Client: cHTSPDemux::Read - Frame type P
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: AddOnLog: xbmc.pvrclient/Tvheadend HTSP Client: cHTSPDemux::Read - Frame type
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 5 times.
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: AddOnLog: xbmc.pvrclient/Tvheadend HTSP Client: cHTSPDemux::Read - Frame type B
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:59:57 T:83082096 M:837685248   DEBUG: AddOnLog: xbmc.pvrclient/Tvheadend HTSP Client: cHTSPDemux::Read - Frame type P
20:59:57 T:3078219648 M:838193152   ERROR: convert_checked failed from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-2, errno=84

Regards
Janusz
deadite66 Wrote:/home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/superuser
should have the login/pass

I'm using the user/pass as stated is /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/superuser, but I still get 401...

Any ideas how to debug it? Is there any log file I can look into?

And yes, I have ran dpkg-reconfigure again (and again :-)
Jonas.andero Wrote:I'm using the user/pass as stated is /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/superuser, but I still get 401...

Any ideas how to debug it? Is there any log file I can look into?

And yes, I have ran dpkg-reconfigure again (and again :-)

going from memory now as i use mythtv-backend now.

i used to run it from my own login, you could disable the autorun from /etc/default/tvheadend

then tvheadend -C to create an new setup for your own login, login/pass is disabled iirc.
then just need to run tvheadend without the -C bit from then on.

wonder if you could 'sudo su' then 'su hts' you could rm -drf the .hts folder then tvheadend -C to start again. <- never tried that ymmv
start tvheadend from the console as user hts with
Code:
tvheadend -d
any chance that the combination of xbmc-pvr and tvheadend would also run under 8.04 hardy?
it works, but you'll have to build from source.
Hi,
I own 3 dm 500s running with CS. Now, I want to replace one of them with a shuttle xs35gt running openelec.tv (xmbc embedded). The thing is that tvheadend does not find my dreambox as a source...or am I doing something wrong? If not..is it possible to compile tvheadend for dreambox 500s and so (as it is directly connected) find the dreambox tuner? This way the dreambox would act as a server and openelec would run the tvheadend client part enabling LiveTV for my shuttle.
Is this feasible?? ...in any way?

Thanks
linuxmad Wrote:Hi,
I own 3 dm 500s running with CS. Now, I want to replace one of them with a shuttle xs35gt running openelec.tv (XBMC embedded). The thing is that tvheadend does not find my dreambox as a source

Did you launch the tvheadend web front-end and configure the Code Word Client section? You will be able to enter all your DM server details there.
Quote:Did you launch the tvheadend web front-end and configure the Code Word Client section? You will be able to enter all your DM server details there.
So... you mean that I can get Dreambox configured under Code Word Client part?
linuxmad Wrote:So... you mean that I can get Dreambox configured under Code Word Client part?

If you're wanting to connect your tvheadend client to your dreambox server, yes
Quote:If you're wanting to connect your tvheadend client to your dreambox server, yes
uhmmm... so I would enter 192.168.10.xx for my DM address
Port= 80 ?
Username= root
Password= dreambox
DES key= Huh? (is this the discramble key? I am using Cardsharing so don't know what to put here??)

?? Is this right?
Please help me to understand...

Thanks
linuxmad Wrote:uhmmm... so I would enter 192.168.10.xx for my DM address
Port= 80 ?
Username= root
Password= dreambox
DES key= Huh? (is this the discramble key? I am using Cardsharing so don't know what to put here??)

?? Is this right?
Please help me to understand...

Thanks

[removed by moderator]