Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dharma Live with Acer Revo 1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have my Revo running Windows 7 with XBMC, but obviously it lags and I would like to make it more efficient. I want to know if it would be simple or quite involved getting XBMC Live up and running on my Acer Revo 1600. My main concern is the remote control.

I have an HP USB IR receiver that I purchased off ebay paired off with a Harmony 530 remote. At the moment, I have my Harmony programed as a MCE remote and keyboard and everything works fine in Windows. If I were to install Live, would I have to go and reprogram the remote as well?

I have heard that MCE remotes work out of the box, would my setup be included in this scenario? Or would it be like this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90600

He seems to have the same USB IR receiver that I have (different remote though) and running into a lot of trouble getting it to work.
Getting the Harmony to work for the keyboard functions isn't possible at the moment in live, I believe. This is my experience and I've heard others mention it too, but it's possible there's some simple nerdery that would get you on track. As far as everything else goes, I use the Revo 1600 with Dharma and it's great.
Hey fonzie,

i have a 1600 running live and im playing 1080p videos over network perfectly with a harmony remote... it can be done.

BUT its a tedious process...

Install live and you should have (most) things going. The bugs you are going to have are 1) audio (nav) 2) resolutions 3) sleep mode bugs (if you use sleep)

The remote is VERY simple, just put in any MCE receiver and the revo takes care of the rest, the hard part is finding the right settings on the remote through the Logitech desktop software. its been a while but i remember having to dig deep into the software to find the right MCE (you don't have to do manual programing)

keep a keyboard hooked up to the revo until you have everything running smooth (this will save you time lol)

do an advanced search on my name and you will see the last few posts that go into more detail about problems I've had

good luck,
-aPeg