Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Refresh Rate: 60hz / 24hz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All!

i got a simple -hope so- problem:

I want all my movies to run with 60hz. Only my blu-ray rips should run with 24hz.

now the thing is: either i choose to change the refresh rate to the movie refresh rate, than i get 24hz on blu-ray rips but on xvid tv shows or anything i get 50hz which i really dont like. the other option is to not change the refresh rate then i have the 60hz all the time.

i already put this in my advanvedsettings.xml:

<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fps>23.976</fps>
<refresh>24.0</refresh>
<fps>25.000</fps>
<refresh>60.0</refresh>
</override>
<fallback>
<refresh>60.0</refresh>
</fallback>
</adjustrefreshrate>

but that didnt help either (tried with the button to automatically adjust refresh rate and without the button).

thanks for any help!
Are you running Dharma? Those overrides don't work on that release.
Also, you can only specify one fps and one refreshrate per override, you need to make multiple overrides.
thanks for the reply and sorry for not mentioning it. yes, im running dharma live.

okay, so no way to get what i want. ill test whats better for my eyes Smile
Well, you could configure xorg so that you only have a 24 and 60 hertz mode, that should work ok with dharma's adjust refreshrate code.
thanks for that tip, unfortunatelly im a real linux noob... so ill have to surf a bit to find out how to do just that Smile

so the adjust refreshrate uses the next (higher) in X-org possible refreshrate? 23.9xx is 24 and everything more than 24 is 60?
Correct, since the render fps is limited by the refreshrate due to vsync having the refreshrate lower than the fps will cause framedrops, so it will always choose an equal or higher refreshrate.
Quick thread hijacking! Rolleyes

Related to the same thing. Can we create two custom calibration setting?

related the to topic, I calibrated the overscan under the 60hz but when my TV switch under the 24hz mode I'm overscaning again.

The quick answer will be to calibrate it under the 24hz and I should be ok, but I will underscan the major time because everything else ( menu, some tv shows and movies ) play only under the 60hz.

is there a way to tell in the use a certain setting depending the the hz the TV is?
If you select video calibration during playback, it should be saved for that refreshrate.
bobo1on1 Wrote:If you select video calibration during playback, it should be saved for that refreshrate.

So does that mean that I can calibrate for each refresh rate and it will select the right one when it changes?
i.e I have mine set on 50 (in Australia and we use a 50hz system) however when I play a blue ray rip (24) it overscans.
If I was to play a bluray rip then select video calibration will it save the 24 fps settings without affecting the 50?
Cheers
It should do that as far as I know.
Ja4220 Wrote:So does that mean that I can calibrate for each refresh rate and it will select the right one when it changes?
i.e I have mine set on 50 (in Australia and we use a 50hz system) however when I play a blue ray rip (24) it overscans.
If I was to play a bluray rip then select video calibration will it save the 24 fps settings without affecting the 50?
Cheers

I tried this morning and it work fine!
Thanks for that guys. Worked a treat.
Just wondering, is there anyway of knowing what the native refresh rate for a file would be? i.e can I get that information from say my movies while scrolling through my library.
I gt no idea, but since you have set your TV for both refresh rate, you don't need to care.. except for the ( in my case ) 5 sec you're loosing at the beginning.
Yeah I get that couple of seconds of blank screen while the tv adjusts as well.
It all seems sorted now though so hopefully thats the end of it.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is plans to support higher refresh rates? My tv supports 100hz and with the majority of new tvs supporting 100, 200 hz etc might be a viable inclusion in the next release.